Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again, left feeling sorry for the academy lads having to endure their first starts surrounded by struggling squad players and a make-shift system.

It's such a big ask for them to shine and stake the proverbial claim in such circumstances. It's almost like it's left to them to elevate the likes of Wanyama, Dier, Dele, Davies who for one reason or another have barely played themselves.

1 or 2 previous bad games are cascading into a giant shitstorm and the only cure to this is wins
What about more cowbell? That may work.

giphy.gif

I'm personally afflicted by all this. Up at 4am to catch a flight, then a full office day but i still can't sleep.
On the plus side i have tickets to Inter vs Lazio. Should be fun.

Our early round domestic cup performances against lower teams have been dire for a few years now, but we've usually always managed to grind out a result. Also giant killings can happen, but I associate them with games where you come up against a team that is far poorer than yourself, but for that 90 minutes totally plays out of their skin and just will not be beaten. That didn't happen tonight. Colchester were rubbish. It should have been a breeze, but it didn't just look like hard work. It looked like we were incapable of scoring. We're rapidly turning into a team that looks like it is so lacking in confidence that winning is beyond the players.

I don't think anyone is (or should be) getting sacked over a League Cup exit, but this evening is the first time I've really sat up and found myself deeply concerned about what the fuck is going on at the club.

It’s math at this point. That and talent. Football is weird shit happens. Everything is going against us right now but I refuse to believe that everyone just forgot how to play football.

32 matches left to play.
That's MathS...not math. English team, English language please

I'm holding on until Southampton. If we lose that, then we're really in need of a fundamental change. Players, coaches, managers, I don't care what but something needs to be done.

Mate, have a word with yourself... 2 in 8

:harryhmm:
Before 2 in 8 the run wasn't anywhere near as successful as it has been the last few seasons. Its been right up there with the top two and now look, yes it's early days but already its like poch has just seen levy come round his house on Christmas day and piss on his kids and he's not entirely happy about it

It's not an excuse anymore after shattering out transfer record twice this summer.

Have we spent as much as our top 6 competitors then? My recollection is we didn’t buy ANYBODY last Summer. And overall our net spend over several years is closer to the bottom of the PL than the top. So yes, it’s a legitimate excuse. Doesn’t mean we don’t aim for the top. But we have to realize that it’s always going to be more difficult for us than our better financed competitors.

Back
Top Bottom