Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Realistically are we going to win the PL or CL at the moment? No. Why should we ‘not care’ about the domestic cups. Poor mentality, these are the sort of cups we should be going for. Embarrassing night

Who knows? We were in the CL final last year!! You’re telling me it’s impossible for us to win it?

I would trade 100 League Cups for one PL or CL trophy. So we keep doing the things we need to do to give us a chance at those 2 trophies, now and in the future.

Have we spent as much as our top 6 competitors then? My recollection is we didn’t buy ANYBODY last Summer. And overall our net spend over several years is closer to the bottom of the PL than the top. So yes, it’s a legitimate excuse. Doesn’t mean we don’t aim for the top. But we have to realize that it’s always going to be more difficult for us than our better financed competitors.
Our net spend over the time Klopp has been at Liverpool is higher than theirs is.

Have we spent as much as our top 6 competitors then? My recollection is we didn’t buy ANYBODY last Summer. And overall our net spend over several years is closer to the bottom of the PL than the top. So yes, it’s a legitimate excuse. Doesn’t mean we don’t aim for the top. But we have to realize that it’s always going to be more difficult for us than our better financed competitors.
We have just lost to Colchester, not Man City or Liverpool...fucking Colchester and look who was on the pitch. It's embarrassing and inexcusable for a club of our status. There is an obvious problem and we ignore it at our peril.

Looking to hand in my resignation anyway..

So when my cunty smug cunt line manager (Liverpool fan from Tiptree) opens with

“What happened last night”

I’ll be in a great position to leave the company approximately 10 seconds after that comment

If we do make top 4, it will be because 2 out of chelsea, Woolwich & United under perform like last season.
The problem is that when we lose or put in a bad performance in the Premier league, not only do we drop the points but we also give teams around us a massive lift and incentive to give a bit more in their next game.

I'm a massive believer in momentum in football and at the moment we have none. We are in a downward spiral.

Wins against Southampton and then Bayern are crucial now if we're to get anything out of this season.

Who knows? We were in the CL final last year!! You’re telling me it’s impossible for us to win it?

I would trade 100 League Cups for one PL or CL trophy. So we keep doing the things we need to do to give us a chance at those 2 trophies, now and in the future.
I totally agree but from this years standards we are way off a PL or CL trophy. Players shouldn't care what trophy it is, look at Man City, they have won the league cup 4 times in 6 years.... and it wouldn't be a bad bet them winning it this year, they don't look bored of winning it. It is about building a winning mentality within the squad, no matter who you are playing which then gives you confidence in other games. All of them players last night have everything to prove to Poch and should be fighting for a regular first team spot, not strolling around like they can't be bothered or 'i'm too good to be playing Colchester'. Embarrassment.

If we do make top 4, it will be because 2 out of chelsea, Woolwich & United under perform like last season.
...and annoyingly, of all three of them, those fuckers look least likely to underperform... MIND THE CRAP!!

Why eriksen still gets a shirt is beyond me. The guy told us to fuck off, leaving on a free and we're keeping him fit for someone else. Fucking dump the cunt in the cheese room and let him get fat
'Cos otherwise he'd be playing in SKINS... it's not a school playground y'know!!

Players shouldn't care what trophy it is, look at Man City, they have won the league cup 4 times in 6 years.... and it wouldn't be a bad bet them winning it this year, they don't look bored of winning it. It is about building a winning mentality within the squad, no matter who you are playing which then gives you confidence in other games. All of them players last night have everything to prove to Poch and should be fighting for a regular first team spot, not strolling around like they can't be bothered or 'i'm too good to be playing Colchester'. Embarrassment.
Agree 100%
Creating a winning mentality is about aiming to win EVERYTHING... whether it's 5-a-side training drills, or the CL Final...

We seem to want to pick and choose what trophies/games we want to win...
Which wouldn't be so bad if, when given the OPPPRTUNITY to win the CL Final (The game I assume they ALL wanted to play in) several players went missing.

We're not 'too big' or too good to bother with the likes of Colchester, as last night proved...
Unfortunately, we're also not 'big or good enough' to compete in the very highest level of match either...

Beggars can't be choosers!

Why did Wanyama and Dele stayed on for the full 90 mins! Their performance was terrible, giving the ball away, couldn't manage simple passes.

Best fucking win against Southampton. If not, serious questions need to be asked.

Absolutely pathetic. The players should be embarrassed getting knocked out a league 2 side and pay for all the fans travel and tickets who went last night.

Alli in particular needs to take a long hard look at himself, totally swallowed all the hype but in reality we've not seen that hunger or desire for a long, long time. The ability of sanchez, skipp, KWP is championship at best, League 2 on last night's form.

Back
Top Bottom