Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy's been awful with his selling the last few years. He has hindered us with unwanted players & lost us money in tranfer fees & wages too. But his fans still go on about you got levy'd. That has made our net spend a lot worse than it should be. If we were getting the bloated fees Liverpool were managing to get in sales, then we would be doing a lot better.

Agree that recently he is off his game - probably been too busy with stadium. And we don’t have anyone else who can call the shots.

The days of getting £18m for Wimmer look long gone.....

Levy does create a paradox.

Won’t pay top of the market for wages but will demand top of the market transfer fee.

Auto correct:

What I’m saying is that when someone says replace Poch, the comeback is “with who?”

If you can’t name a manager and prove he’s a step up, it’s taken as proof there is nobody better than Poch.

So, I ask people to name a chairman they want.

A Shiek?
Russian?
American football club owner?
Chinese group?

That’s your only real guarantee of the big signings these people seem to want so we can regularly compete with City.

These are supposedly the true supporters in our fan base.....desperately trying to hammer the final nail in the coffin of this club as a real one.

The hard on to turn us into another plastic piece of financially cheating shit is what the real fans want. And as long as it’s Poch at the wheel, who gives a fuck because the new owners can simply by a new squad every time the manager fucks up.

Levy's been awful with his selling the last few years. He has hindered us with unwanted players & lost us money in tranfer fees & wages too. But his fans still go on about you got levy'd. That has made our net spend a lot worse than it should be. If we were getting the bloated fees Liverpool were managing to get in sales, then we would be doing a lot better.

Realises he cant JUST blame Levy over buying players, so blames him over not selling.

Maybe if the whole transfer group had spent better, or as Sammy points out in his own inimitable way, some of players like Janssen had got more game time, we would have had fewer unwanted players

Auto correct:

What I’m saying is that when someone says replace Poch, the comeback is “with who?”

If you can’t name a manager and prove he’s a step up, it’s taken as proof there is nobody better than Poch.

So, I ask people to name a chairman they want.

A Shiek?
Russian?
American football club owner?
Chinese group?

That’s your only real guarantee of the big signings these people seem to want so we can regularly compete with City.

These are supposedly the true supporters in our fan base.....desperately trying to hammer the final nail in the coffin of this club as a real one.

The hard on to turn us into another plastic piece of financially cheating shit is what the real fans want. And as long as it’s Poch at the wheel, who gives a fuck because the new owners can simply by a new squad every time the manager fucks up.

Right

I’m with you now

Of course Levy has his faults but he has to answer to somebody so he has to make the business deal work

Levy doesn’t make the team selection, set the team up how they play or make any substitutions

That’s the manager’s remit and consistently throughout this year he’s fallen short

He will walk by the beginning of next season so why not walk by Xmas or is he waiting for Zidane to leave first?

I’ve really got behind him for the last few years despite a bad start and not wanting him in the first place because he’d never won anything but I’ve had enough

Kane has 5 years left on his contract. He doesn't want to leave, but if he were, it'll be for a world record fee unless it happened after 2023, by which time he'll be 30.

As was pointed out in the ENIC thread earler, in these troubled times, surely it's only fair to have another poll regarding the status of the man pulling the strings at the top.
Along with a distastrous run of form we have players running down their contracts, and players performing like they'd rather be anywhere else but NWHL.
Levy / ENIC. After all, they've been here for almost two decades now. The 2 most barren decades in terms of silverware in our history.
Should he be afforded more time to get it right? Or is it tlme to sell up and pass the reins on to others
Unlike the managerial situation, we don't have a knowledgeable shortlist to choose from, of course.
But if Levy is the die hard fan everybody makes out, surely we can expect that his screening of any buyer would be exemplary

Question:

How do you off-load the man in the hot seat?

The days of the fans protesting with banners, chanting, or having after match sit ins to get rid of a manager are long over; today it takes player power-to unseat the head-coach/manager, and we’re seeing that more and more often; but how do you even contemplate unseating the big “big” boss?

Answer:

Ask a Newcastle united supporter.

I have a question...

Of all the other Premier League owners, which one's would you take ahead of Levy and ENIC?

For clarity, I'll name them...

Woolwich - Stan Kroenke
Aston Villa - Nasser Sawiris and Wesley Edens
Bournemouth - Maxim Demin
Brighton - Tony Bloom
Burnley - Mike Garlick
Chelsea - Roman Abramovich
Crystal Palace - Steve Parish
Everton - Farhad Moshiri
Leicester - The Srivaddhanaprabha Family
Liverpool - John. W. Henry
Manchester City - Sheikh Mansour
Manchester United - The Glazers
Newcastle - Mike Ashley
Norwich - Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones
Sheffield United - Abdullah bin Musa-ed
Southampton - Gao Jisheng
Watford - Gino Pizzo
West Ham - Dildo Slappers
Wolves - Fosun

Don't mind the random hyperlink. I was never spelling that cunting thing.
If I’m not mistaken ( and I might be), Roman Abramovich first looked at Spurs with intent but later found himself at Chelsea. I would have been happy to have him here; all billionaires are crooked but you have to admire one in his mere fourties ffs.

If I’m not mistaken ( and I might be), Roman Abramovich first looked at Spurs with intent but later found himself at Chelsea. I would have been happy to have him here; all billionaires are crooked but you have to admire one in his mere fourty’s ffs.
I would rather have the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells than that fucker

Back
Top Bottom