Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something had to happen this summer, something big. Either Poch had to go, or a lot of the players had to go. We all knew it, and a lot of people fooled themselves into thinking that we did enough with the few buys, but it was not even close to enough. We needed to start the season unrecognisable from the team who finished the last one. We were just about holding it together by the end of last season, barely got over the line to get top 4, and extremely lucky to get to a final where we had nothing to offer. It really was close to breaking point, for a club that were pushing their luck for a while, but we just slept on it instead of taking a long hard look at the huge project that needed to begin.

I have no idea what happens next, but somehow I doubt we will learn the lesson that needs to be learnt from this.
Dead right I make you sir...levy could not give a flying fuck...he has his stadium, he will change nothing.
Probably employ a shit second rate manager after poch, so they will let him do what he always does ......ruin our club, I bet the fantastic stadium is not quite as important to some as it once seemed.......fuck levy, parasite that's killing our ambition as supporters

This was embarrassing but it was to Bayern Munich so it's not the worst. They're a juggernaut of a team and even more so with Coutinho now and Lucas, Pavard, Kimmich playing the defensive midfielder role, and Gnabry stepping up his game considerably from last season. They'd even give Liverpool a battering with their replenished squad.

It feels like finally, after somehow getting away with it for so long, we came up against a proper team who took one look at a midfield of winks and sissoko and the state of our fullbacks, and thought to themselves: ''Are they serious with this shit? Do they realise we are just gonna walk right through them? Oh well, their funeral!''

The astounding thing is that it took this long for the penny to drop.

A total humiliation and in the new stadium, no less. Last year's European campaign was a total fluke, let' s face it.
Fuck the new stadium, it's a cash-cow to bring more tourists/glory hunters. Give me my Lane back. The one with die-hard yiddos who would never ever stop singing.

There’s no positives tonight mate

After the first 30 minutes we fell apart

No fight
No pride
No fucking idea

I Feel embarrassed and humiliated

The buck stops with the Manager

Team selection
Substitutes
Tactics
Morale
Know how

He never won anything before rocking up here and he never will

Get rid before our seasons over
They might have got 7, but we got the Audi Cup.

Never forget.

Where is fucking stiff upper lip? We've got to carry on and keep supporting the lads and manager. It is easy to sack the manager, but... who are we going to replace Poch with? Southgate? Spanish waiter? Jose Don'tTrust Young players?
Pooch has earned the right to go down with the ship. Let him keep the job and try to guide us out of current malaise. Sack him at the end of the season if we finish mid table.

This was embarrassing but it was to Bayern Munich so it's not the worst. They're a juggernaut of a team and even more so with Coutinho now. They'd even give Liverpool a battering with their replenished squad.
They are good, but let's be real. They beat Red Star 3-0.
It is not the end of the world, or even the end of the season, but that was a fucking horror show.

Hopefully a few tourists who wont come near the lane again..
They saw 9 goals , they will be very pleased. heard a couple talking behind me saying they love to see such a high scoring game, the thing that really gets me is at 4-2 I thought if we could still get something from the game , then we collapsed, embarrassing performance, but let’s be honest the majority of players won’t lose any sleep over it so why should we? The difference is they are getting paid more in a week than most would earn in 5 years, like I have said before football is not what it used to be, I will take a defeat but when your in the home end surrounded by away fans and every other cunt in a half and half scarf makes you think what is the point

When you have 3 starting in the back that have asked for transfers this is what happens. I can’t wait for Sess and GLC to get fit. I hope Poch plays Foyth, Dav, and Sess for the rest of the season I the back.

Where is fucking stiff upper lip? We've got to carry on and keep supporting the lads and manager. It is easy to sack the manager, but... who are we going to replace Poch with? Southgate? Spanish waiter? Jose Don'tTrust Young players?
Pooch has earned the right to go down with the ship. Let him keep the job and try to guide us out of current malaise. Sack him at the end of the season if we finish mid table.

Fuck that.

Sack him now and we still can make top 4

Eriksen

was right to be replaced. Dele wasn’t the problem. We run out of steam after 30 minutes. Why? Wrong formation for a start but there are deeper rooted problems in that squad and the messiah can’t sort it. Or is perhaps part of the problem?

Apologies but this site is still crap for iPad. Half of posts get chopped

Sell the iPad and get yourself a decent 10" Android tablet, that way you will be able to stream matches too :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom