Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, where to even start with that one...

Firstly I think we have to say some of Bayerns football was breathtaking at times and I honestly think if they were playing any other Premier League team bar Liverpool they would have scored 3 or 4 goals as well.

Looking at our deficiencies though(and there are many), I think it's beginning to look like it boils down to the fact we are simply incapable as a team to play the style of play the manager wants anymore, through a combination of a lack of quality/ability in certain areas and some players just not putting in the effort they once did.

Looking at our back four, Serge was his erattic self, and Jan and Rose looked like two players who are past their sell by date.

In midfield, I've said this before and I'll say it again, we are going absolutely nowhere with Winks anchoring as the last line between midfield and defense. He is so out of his depth/out of position it is actually scandalous, and it baffles me that he is continuously picked there. Perhaps we have no one else, but I honestly don't see how Dier could be any worse.

Up front we are crippled by a lack of width as a result of full backs who are incapable of providing it and Son quite obviously being told to stay central as the first presser.

I honestly don't know where we go from here. I'm confident in saying getting rid of the manager is not the road to go. This type situation has happened countless times to managers at Tottenham over the last decade. For once I'd like to see what happens if the manager is the one who stays, and it's not up to some new bloke to rejig the team and cut the Deadwood. But are the current ownership capable/willing to do this? I dont know.

It is 100% on Pochettino.

It's always on the manager.

What can he say? What does he do?
He can do us all a favour and walk before we end up hating him , no one can deny what he has done for us as a club but I think he needs to go and let someone else take us to the next level as he aint the right man for it

I was trying to work out what the fuck was going on in our midfield tonight. It looked like Winks was tasked with running back and trying to help out as a DM, which is a fucking cracking plan apart from the fact he a) can’t defend and b) they just kept hitting it over our back four.

Honestly, Poch’s second half tactics were just pitiful.
You attack as a unit and defend as a unit though. I am pretty sure the tactics weren't all spread out like Napoleon retreating from Moscow.

Would love to reply but I genuinely don't understand a word. It's like Expressions Oozing which I can't really understand more than one word in four.

Admittedly I'm a white, middle aged armchair who doesn't live in North London any more but I do think that we should be able to string coherent sentences together. Accept we are all upset, but if we are not able to punctuate correctly, then it's time to take a breath and re-focus.
Wow...so u just watched that shit show, and your concerns are over spelling and punctuation.
Really..
I have to admit checking my grammar was not high on my list of things I give a fuck about on this specific evening.

We need to realise winks isn’t the saviour we think he’s the amount of times he turns back towards goal when he’s under pressure and loses it is becoming more frequent every game , his passing isn’t that great either he loses the ball way to much .he can get round the pitch but other then that he’s a pretty standard player nothing special .
Yes I agree well said.

The great partnership of Toby and jan is finally ending as well unfortunately there not that rock solid pair we could rely on any more both been average for a long time , I’m just not sure if foyth and Sanchez are going to step up there games and be good enough to replace them eventually in the next 12 months it’s not looking good .

The great partnership of Toby and jan is finally ending as well unfortunately there not that rock solid pair we could rely on any more both been average for a long time , I’m just not sure if foyth and Sanchez are going to step up there games and be good enough to replace them eventually in the next 12 months it’s not looking good .
If you think Toby and Jan are bad right now... wait till you see a backline of Rose-Foyth-Sanchez-KWP line up against city next year :rolleyes::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

They saw 9 goals , they will be very pleased. heard a couple talking behind me saying they love to see such a high scoring game, the thing that really gets me is at 4-2 I thought if we could still get something from the game , then we collapsed, embarrassing performance, but let’s be honest the majority of players won’t lose any sleep over it so why should we? The difference is they are getting paid more in a week than most would earn in 5 years, like I have said before football is not what it used to be, I will take a defeat but when your in the home end surrounded by away fans and every other cunt in a half and half scarf makes you think what is the point
Be a nice gesture after that result if they all donated a weeks wages to locals schools for sporting facilities.

He can do us all a favour and walk before we end up hating him , no one can deny what he has done for us as a club but I think he needs to go and let someone else take us to the next level as he aint the right man for it
Trouble is many have seen the shite served up.to us over the years ..i can honestly say only burkinshaw in my time has given us anything like poch..it will be a sad indictment of the club from top to bottom if we snatch mid table obscurity back again.

Back
Top Bottom