Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve said it for 9 months, the balance of the team is wrong. Playing the midfield diamond with Winks as the most defensive midfielder just doesn’t work. It’s too easy to get to our goal and the distances between our players when we lose possession are too great. All we do is chase opponents once they’ve gone past, we don’t contain them at all.

I don’t understand how we can lose almost every match in 2019 with this system and the manager still doesn’t change it. We need to get Dier into the team and change our shape. We do not have the players to play this way.

Loads of them are leaving the stadium now absolute joke
Comments like this remove the need for laxatives. Would you rather have a one third full stadium of people who can point out Seven Sisters on the map or a stadium generating revenue? I think I saw a lot of people leaving and I'm not sure I'd call them all tourists.

Wow! Gnabry was unplayable. Coman not far behind. Very good football match for 30mins. We looked knackered at HT and hanging on...

Couldn’t fault many/any of ours at HT. we were up against a very very good side.

I wish I could just leave it there though...with a magnanimous ‘well done’ to Bayern but..

The capitulation is unforgivable. Shameful even. Not sure where this team, the manager or even Levy go from here??

On the way home and varied reactions...some shouting and screaming. Some with bemused smiles on their faces...

It all feels a bit surreal

Wether you want Poch in or out, he clearly noticed the squad needed rebuilding and refreshing a long time ago.
He wanted not only to bring players in but also get rid of players ageing/coming to the end of contracts.
He didn’t get backed in the summer when he really needed it, you can say he did but we signed 2 young midfielders and a prospect of a defender. The whole squad needed refreshing.
Now he is stuck with players who don’t really want to be at the club but doesn’t have much choice but to play them.
Don’t get me wrong, he makes mistakes sometimes with subs or formation but I actually feel sorry for him and what he has done for our club, publicly saying he needs help with the squad a didn’t get it.

My god even now he still has people defending him.

I noticed 4 years ago that this was a manager being elevated what above his ability, that we would see a repeat of the Redknapp years and guess what that is exactly was has happened.

You can blame the squad all you want - he won nothing with it at its best and even now he isn’t getting any where near it’s ability from it.

The guy is a pretender who has been found out - we like with Redknapp will be the pinnacle of his career. Sadly for us we look back at this time as another 87 side and the complete waste of one the best Spurs sides in a generation

Comments like this remove the need for laxatives. Would you rather have a one third full stadium of people who can point out Seven Sisters on the map or a stadium generating revenue? I think I saw a lot of people leaving and I'm not sure I'd call them all tourists.
No your right I made that comment much earlier in the game and even though id always argue for staying until the end at 7-2 thats a hard argument to make.

In a morbid way, this is good.

A odd goal loss or a draw can be written off and excused with bad luck or they worked harder or etc etc.

There are no excuses for this. Everyone has to have a long hard look at themselves now and realize that they have to step up and fucking be better.

Back
Top Bottom