Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen
Am I the only one who was shocked to see Serge and Dele in starting XI?

Dele should have never started, he's poor since last season and ahead and to be ahead of Erkisen, Lucas and Lamela! Criminal really.

Poch is taking to many risks, it's unlike him
was right to be replaced. Dele wasn’t the problem. We run out of steam after 30 minutes. Why? Wrong formation for a start but there are deeper rooted problems in that squad and the messiah can’t sort it. Or is perhaps part of the problem?

Apologies but this site is still crap for iPad. Half of posts get chopped

Wether you want Poch in or out, he clearly noticed the squad needed rebuilding and refreshing a long time ago.
He wanted not only to bring players in but also get rid of players ageing/coming to the end of contracts.
He didn’t get backed in the summer when he really needed it, you can say he did but we signed 2 young midfielders and a prospect of a defender. The whole squad needed refreshing.
Now he is stuck with players who don’t really want to be at the club but doesn’t have much choice but to play them.
Don’t get me wrong, he makes mistakes sometimes with subs or formation but I actually feel sorry for him and what he has done for our club, publicly saying he needs help with the squad a didn’t get it.

You would have a fair point if we were raining shots on their goal and then getting caught on the counter, but we barely threatened in the last 20 minutes. It wasn't like we threw 10 men forward and really went for it, the players simply gave up.

We were at a slow jog/walk from 70 minutes onwards.

Disgraceful

We were quite obviously trying to get something from the game with a glimmer of hope at 2-4. Can’t be surprised that we left ourselves more open. It’s obviously embarrassing - but that’s the gamble. We were already losing. The game was lost either side of halftime.
I'm more ashamed that around 70 minutes (at 2-4) I still thought we had a dramatic 4-4 in us!!

More fool me!

I said that this game would be our true measuring stick for how good we really are. You can draw your own conclusions but personally I think it's going to be a long and painful season ahead. Poch needs to face some hard truths about his squad, particularly Alli.
2-5 Embarrassing to say the least.
Think most of our fans think our players are a lot better than they are. We are top 4 at best. & even that will be a big ask. That's why we needed to keep improving the team & spending but we stopped & now we are being made to pay. If poch goes & we get a new manager , a lot will be shocked when we are still a top 4 at best team. We need a overhaul of players. No good RB or DM. Kane the only striker. Eriksen only real good creative player but is going. Best 2 CBs look like they are running down there contract as well as our best LB. Levy needs to spend spend spend or we are going to end up being a Europa team.

Last edited:
We will never be bigger than we currently are with Levy and ENIC in charge, they think a stadium will improve us, it won't.

Ground full of tourists, no noise, no atmosphere, just an empty fucking vessel that looks nice and will make huge bank for these owners who have no ambitions to win trophies.

Investment in the football squad wins games and replacing players that needed replacing, instead we have gone 3 windows now and have players here that are either past their best or have no interest in being here, should have been dealt with by Levy before now, Poch has been massively let down up until this window when we finally got some investment, way too late imo, passion has already gone.

Good management wins games as well and Poch has been having an absolute stinker since last season up until now, even the game against Southampton the other day we were poor tactically, we should never be losing 7-2 at home or away, not good enough, regardless of investment but like I say, I do feel for the man because he has done wonders for this club and the owners have let him down countless times imo but only one man will pay for it whilst everyone else ignores the bigger issue, however I do believe that Poch has no chance of turning this around now, we need a change imo.

It's a joke and we deserve better as a football club, I don't give a fuck who the players, owner or manager is, we DESERVE BETTER and honestly I don't want to hear about doing things the right way anymore, the right way is winning trophies and demanding more from our owners rather than submitting to them and letting them turn this club into the Tottenham Hotspur entertainment venue.

He wasn't the only problem clearly. I even said prior to the game this was his big chance, prove his worth etc.

When you play that formation the am has to cover a lot of ground. Peak eriksen was great at it. The ndombele sub was extraordinary unless he is injured. was our best player in the first half alongside son.

I dont even know what to think. Lamela and lucas sit on the bench until 70+ minutes. Depressing.

Best not lose to brighton.

Back
Top Bottom