Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something had to happen this summer, something big. Either Poch had to go, or a lot of the players had to go. We all knew it, and a lot of people fooled themselves into thinking that we did enough with the few buys, but it was not even close to enough. We needed to start the season unrecognisable from the team who finished the last one. We were just about holding it together by the end of last season, barely got over the line to get top 4, and extremely lucky to get to a final where we had nothing to offer. It really was close to breaking point, for a club that were pushing their luck for a while, but we just slept on it instead of taking a long hard look at the huge project that needed to begin.

I have no idea what happens next, but somehow I doubt we will learn the lesson that needs to be learnt from this.

Chaps, I know we’re hurting, but the good news is Hercules is still dispensing his radiant pearls of wisdom.

‘Behind the scenes fak up!!!

Camp not been happy for long time!’

In all my 30 years supporting this club I have finally lost a lot of my passion. I now genuinely don’t know how we correct this or where to start. Manager going won’t do anything as half of the team need sacking. We can’t do it all and even if we do it will take another couple of years to re build. We were meant to be heading into our peak now. That’s not worked out has it!

Am I the only one who was shocked to see Serge and Dele in starting XI?

Dele should have never started, he's poor since last season and to be ahead of Erkisen, Lucas and Lamela! Criminal really.

Poch is taking to many risks, it's unlike him

Last edited:
We dimply got beat by a side used to being the best ..saw there defects ..put them right ... ..no penny pinching no stone unturned and ruthless in moving players out.. thats why they will alwsys be one of europes elite and we will come and go
As hurtful as it is, unfortunately i think you might be right. Bayern could have done that to anyone tonight. No team is immune to a battering.. but i would say, we are looking slow and defeated at the back. Fuck me, its the worst defensive display ive seen from us and we need to freshen up there massively.

We were quite obviously trying to get something from the game with a glimmer of hope at 2-4. Can’t be surprised that we left ourselves more open. It’s obviously embarrassing - but that’s the gamble. We were already losing. The game was lost either side of halftime.

This is just the culmination of a year of bad results. If it wasn't for the CL run then we'd have been in "crisis" some time ago.

Thank feck we've got two beatable teams making up the group.

I don't know anymore...
Is it Poch? Is it Levy? Is it the players? Who is more at fault? Fucking getting ridiculed by Chelsea fans at the pub and in the road because the dumbass over here decided to go to the pub with a Spurs shirt. Something has to change. I don't know what, but something has to change big time. I don't want to turn on Poch, because he's given me my best memories of my life football-wise, but this is not one bit the Tottenham that I saw in 2016, 2017 or hell, even 2018. The team has fallen apart since that Wolves home game last year, and, besides the adrenaline that the Champions League gives you, it hasn't come back since. This is the most down I've ever felt in my life since I've watched Tottenham (I'm a 21 year old so I haven't experienced the 90s), but, on the other side, it has made me ready if this is what is to come (I hope to God it's not). At least, there is a positive. For a man who has never stepped foot in England, who has bo connection whatsoever with Tottenham, whose father is a Bayern fan of all teams, it has made me realise that I love this club more than anything, and I'll love it until my last breath. Onwards and upwards, hopefully... COYS!

The refresh rate here somehow feels like a metaphor.

I'm so utterly gutted with that 2nd half performance. If we'd lost 2-4 but fought hard I'd have applauded. We looked alive. But that was just giving up and poor, poor decisions. Thank god it's early stages but that was meek.

All credit to them, they were clinically superb.

Needed a holding midfielder, but too many skilled players to leave one out for a DM. Park Dier, but then you lose Winks and his busyness / N’Dombele or Sissoko and some forward mobility. Must be injury issues - or else we’re trying to outscore everyone.

I wish I feared for Brighton and a reaction but, can see a 1-1. (Hope not - hope we smash ‘em with Alli, Son and Kane hat tricks - and Lamela not getting a card!)

Back
Top Bottom