Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"the club will communicate about Lloris arm"
"Massive impact on the game. To concede and lose your captain was big emotionally for the team"
"He's a very important player for the team"
"Then we conceded 2-0"
"We tried to find a solution, but it was impossible"
"Thank you to the fans, I feel sorry for them. Massive effort for them."
"We need to stay together"
"It's not easy, after 5 years, this is not a nice feeling for us and the players and staff"
"We need to keep working hard, believing and supporting our players"
"I hope that all the pressure is coming to me and the players are free to play the performances for their international clubs in the break"
"Now is the moment to be strong"

That was about it.

Now is a moment, the international managers, with coherent conditioning teams, will allow my squad to rest, knowing I run them into (and beyond) the ground...

"We need to keep working hard" the guy has lost the fucking plot...

Did he say that as well?!!!

I only remember one team that played good in a diamond, and they even didn't play so good, but got results, and that was Milan, when they had that fucking amazing squad. But also they played horrible football in that formation and abandon It after.

What a good manager needs to do is to see where the players play better and build a formation based on this and not stick to a formation and force the players to play positions they can't. We have lots of formations better that this fucking diamond by now.

A lot of finger pointing to the past about lack of investment and all that but it doesn't help where we are NOW. We are at where we are at the question is how to fix it going forward and I honestly don't know.

If you would have told me 5 months ago while we were waiting to play a CL Final that Poch may need to leave for the good of the team I'd have called you crazy. If you'd have told me all of Eriksen, Toby, Jan, etc. are still here AND we brought in a few very good players, I'd have told you we should be challenging for the title. Fact is Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose, etc. have been some of our worst regulars this year.

I think at this point one of two things needs to happen:

1. Poch stays and we stop playing some of the complacent vets. Put the kids in and see what they're made of. Give Sanchez and Foyth a ton of minutes at CB. No more Rose. No more Aurier. Play Sess when he's healthy, same with Lo Celso. No more Eriksen. Let the youth and hungry players play, instruct them to be defensively sound. I wouldn't mind rolling out a squad like this...

Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
--Ndombele-Dier-Winks--
-------Lucas-Kane-Son------

Sure, maybe it's not our best players but they'll play their asses off for the club. We could rotate Lo Celso, Skipp, Lamela, KWP, etc. in the squad. I just can't do Toby and Eirksen anymore, they are going through the motions.

2. Poch needs to be sacked and it sickens me to say that. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and I want him to be here but I just don't know what else to say.

Back
Top Bottom