Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have some pure puff mate, couldn't watch spurs (or emotional stuff like that) without it, but understand you have reason not to.

Sympathies brother.

Alcohol, drugs, cigs, chocolate... I have no 'out'.

I'm off to beat up a badger. :lamelaaghh:

Don't want to ruin your escapisms here, but honestly cannot bring myself to dream up another 11.

This is so hidiously disgraceful a situation. The sheer magnitude of the player rebellion churns my stomach, more so the likelyness of at least one of Jan, Toby and Eriksen turning out for an english rival next season, suddenly turning into a world beater. And getting away with it.

And our fans. Nauseating. Happy to see Poch sacked, yet believing that the rebels will stay on with a new manager. LOL.
Toby or Jan turning out for a rival? Lucas and Son would rape them. I'd be delighted to see that.

Both are on the wain, have been since last season. A good manager wouldn't pick them for his team, a good opposing manager would rub his hands.

I don't think the players require as much micro managing as you & others suggest.

I don't know... I mean it is training ground work that creates the understanding where to pass and what positioning to assume from your teammate, no ?

(honest question, never played competitive footy under coach)

I would bench Aurier, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, and possibly Eriksen from now on. They clearly doesn´t want to be here, and maybe have been playing poorly deliberately, fucking cunts!

Go with KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, and Davies as our back4 from now on.

Skip back 3 and the midfield Diamond, we´re shit playing them.

4-2-3-1

Gazzaniga

KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies

Dier - Winks

Lucas - Lo Celso/Ndombele - Son

Kane
If we were going to not play the wantaways we should have sold them in the summer rather than going into the season with the spine of them as key players.

We've no choice but to keep playing them at this point considering the extremely low quality of their back ups.

I only remember one team that played good in a diamond, and they even didn't play so good, but got results, and that was Milan, when they had that fucking amazing squad. But also they played horrible football in that formation and abandon It after.

What a good manager needs to do is to see where the players play better and build a formation based on this and not stick to a formation and force the players to play positions they can't. We have lots of formations better that this fucking diamond by now.
This right here is what I'm pinning on the manager. Its a results game, and he hasn't done himself any favors.

If we were going to not play the wantaways we should have sold them in the summer rather than going into the season with the spine of them as key players.

We've no choice but to keep playing them at this point considering the extremely low quality of their back ups.
I think the hope was they would act and play like professionals. They've given pathetic efforts this year.

1. Poch stays and we stop playing some of the complacent vets. Put the kids in and see what they're made of. Give Sanchez and Foyth a ton of minutes at CB. No more Rose. No more Aurier. Play Sess when he's healthy, same with Lo Celso. No more Eriksen. Let the youth and hungry players play, instruct them to be defensively sound. I wouldn't mind rolling out a squad like this...

Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
--Ndombele-Dier-Winks--
-------Lucas-Kane-Son------

Sure, maybe it's not our best players but they'll play their asses off for the club. We could rotate Lo Celso, Skipp, Lamela, KWP, etc. in the squad. I just can't do Toby and Eirksen anymore, they are going through the motions.

This would be my option.

Tell them they are out, start over. Accept the poor results until january.

Back
Top Bottom