Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last time relegation became a plausible reality (Frazwe Campbell-Gate) we actually spent some dough in January.
I don't think we'll be getting relegated.
A nice, comfortable mid table finish should be added to the options.

Last time relegation became a plausible reality (Frazwe Campbell-Gate) we actually spent some dough in January.

Funny because you have never....ever, once acknowledged that the club spent 25M in January 2018, in an effort to get our target in before the summer. But here you are going back a decade and talking about January signings.
Poch even said at the time he was a siging for the next season (18/19) but you have relentlessly pushed your mantra that he got no players that year.

Just shy of TWO YEARS on and Moura is STILL a benchwarmer, getting the Janssen treatment.
People laughed when I said it would be the same with Lo Celso. Oh look...

Look at Ndombele not getting a full game while Dele gets 90 and touches the ball twice all game.
Look at Poch saying new payers need AT LEAST a season to make an impact, maybe TWO.

And look at you.....STILL thinking that if we sign a player in January, ´that he´ll even get a game this season.

You never learn John....you never, ever learn.

Eriksen was covering the RB yesterday. Poch sold the RB who is second in La Liga, first choice at one the biggest clubs in the world under one of the best managers on the planet.
Where´s KWP John? In the bin....

But we are, hoping that we should sign a world class RB in fucking January, and if we dont, the chairman is the problem.

Pathetic

Funny because you have never....ever, once acknowledged that the club spent 25M in January 2018, in an effort to get our target in before the summer. But here you are going back a decade and talking about January signings.
Poch even said at the time he was a siging for the next season (18/19) but you have relentlessly pushed your mantra that he got no players that year.

Just shy of TWO YEARS on and Moura is STILL a benchwarmer, getting the Janssen treatment.

Look at Ndombele not getting a full game while Dele gets 90 and touches the ball twice all game.
Look at Poch saying new payers need AT LEAST a season to make an impact, maybe TWO.

And look at you.....STILL thinking that if we sign a player in January, ´that he´ll even get a game this season.

Eriksen was covering the RB yesterday. Poch sold the RB who is second in La Liga, first choice at one the biggest clubs in the world under one of the best managers on the planet.

But we are, hoping that we should sign a world class RB in fucking January, and if we dont, the chairman is the problem.

Pathetic

He might still not be close to getting in full gear... you know he needs 18 to 24 months for that...

Pathetic
It's a shame we didn't sign a world class right back in the summer when we sold Trippier. Or even when we sold Walker.
The key to success is replacing the players you sell with better players.
Anyway, like I said in the blame game thread, , the reasons for our alarming decline are not all attributal to one person.. It's a combined clusterfuck.
I guess your'e one of the clowns who still think it's all on Poch, and sacking him will make everything glorious again and wonderful again.
The answer to everything.. That's cool.
Kinda weird, but still cool

Last edited:
He might still not be close to getting in full gear... you know he needs 18 to 24 months for that...

So players need a fifth/sixth of their playing career time, just to get up to speed for Poch.

Genuinely astonishing that he gets away with some of the drivel he spouts.

And when does that principle apply to him eh?

Pathetic
Got to agree here. There seems to be an inability to integrate new signings

It's a shame we didn't sign a world class right back in the summer when we sold Trippier. Or even when we sold Walker.
Anyway, like I said in the blame game thread, , the reasons for our alarming decline are not all attributal to one person.. It's a combined clusterfuck.
I guess your'e one of the clowns who still think it's all on Poch, and sacking him will make everything glorious again. That's cool.

John, Poch isn’t even playing our signings. He’s a weirdo.

I’m happy to blame Levy for the state of our contracts, but we sign a first class rb, Poch will have him doing the bleep Test for two years and having him warm the bench. He’s as pig headed as our chairman and nowhere near successful enough to act the way he does.

Ndombele is our biggest signing ever. Hand on heart, do you have any idea what Poch’s plan is for him?

Getting a bit bored of these polls now
That why I voted for the last option!!!
Not that I'm complacent enough to think that there's no way / we're too good to go down, as history is littered with teams like that.
I just want to see some fight and effort from both team and coaching staff, which I fear has been lacking in abundance this year.

I guess your'e one of the clowns who still think it's all on Poch, and sacking him will make everything glorious again and wonderful again.
The answer to everything.. That's cool.
Kinda weird, but still cool

Poch chose Aurier John. I have the quotes from Poch that says he himself spoke to Aurier personally and decided that his problems were behind him.
Thats when we stopped persuing Pereirra.

Blame for tactics goes to the manager and the manager alone John would you like to disagree with that?

And whos the clown? The one who thinks changing a manager cant help a team and have a massive impact in my view. And the one who thinks the answer is to keep the manager and weigh out a billion on a new squad.
Laughable.

You´ve already conceded earlier in the season that Poch should "probably go"..

Saying "Levy shoul also go" doesnt hide the fact you are waning...your support for the manager is practically non existent, and your answers are just the desperate words of somoneone clinging on trying to save face.

But its not washing......Poch said signings will take up to two seasons to make a difference.
The evidence is clear with how he uses the new players.
But you think not signing his number one target in 2018 (JACK GREALISH WHO YOU DID NOT WANT) and Martial is the root of all our problems.

Give it up John.....Poch clearly has.

So players need a fifth/sixth of their playing career time, just to get up to speed for Poch.

Genuinely astonishing that he gets away with some of the drivel he spouts.

And when does that principle apply to him eh?

Wasn’t the context about those 3 players he specifically mentioned that they were young and we couldn’t expect to see their best for 18months to 24 months?? Managing expectations.

I haven’t seen the actual interview.

But I watched yesterday’s game with a Chelsea fan. He still can’t believe they let Salah go but said he didn’t show anything for them.
There less than 18-24 months. And young.

So I get what Poch was saying in the context above about our signings. People say Salah is levels above Son and Kane but yet at 21-23 he was considered a poor by Chelsea and let go.

We will definitely getting relegated from top 4 and better of without EL.

Relegation from PL will be a suicidal job by little levy and big headed poch and will result both removed. Both are ruining the club.

I would say that we're in a relegation battle until we're not. I started the "Let's Keep It Together" thread because I felt it was important for the sake of our club that we work on the assumption that Poch is our manager for the season (whether we like it or not) and that there will be no additions to our playing squad in January (whether we like it or not) and get behind them. I felt the only realistic aim at this stage was Premier League survival and anything else we get is a bonus.

The situation is what it is and we can either make it worse by demoralising ourselves or try to make it better by keeping a positive attitude. #cheersnotjeers

We will definitely getting relegated from top 4 and better of without EL.

Relegation from PL will be a suicidal job by little levy and big headed poch and will result both removed. Both are ruining the club.

ENIC are ruining the club, full stop, people don't want to see it because they think flashy stadiums are all that matters, they would rather celebrate profit and shiny new things than give a shit about what's happening on the pitch.

ENIC are going to make profit wherever we finish as long as we stay in the PL, the stadium is a money generating machine, they have our club held hostage and are more interested in securing worldwide recognition as a brand so they can take in profits outside of football than they are about actually making us compete for silverware.

Poch has turned into AVB 2.0 at this point as well, stubborn and pigheaded, refusing to change and doesn't have a clue how to integrate players apparently.

So yeah, ENIC, JL, Levy and Poch along with some players are all equal in blame as far as I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom