Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spare a thought for bus-conductor bus-conductor folks. All that defensive effort he's put in on this topic only to see an injury time OG slide into the corner. I'm pouring one out for you BC...
iu

#NoMore10s

And sammyspurs sammyspurs I bet you got memories of when Eriksen missed the first man back in 16/17 too. similar to Dele dribbling at players and knocking in weekly 30 yarders.

Last edited:
Eriksen has 35 weeks or so left on his £75K a week contract.

If I were Levy, I would give Eriksen NOW £2.6m cheque and tell him to p!ss off form the back door.

Last edited:
He just looks sad when he plays. Like an unwanted teddy bear. Something’s broken him.
He seemed to have a plan for his entire life and the end goal was always to be a Barca/Real Madrid player. That was the goal. He's realized now that he won't be achieving it, probably ever. Everything he's been working towards the last 15 years, his ultimate purpose, is something now he may never achieve. That's got to weigh on a person.

I'd make you manager, top post, let him go to the u23's until he buggers off
TBH, I honestly think I couldn't do a worse job, and my tactical nous is pretty fundamental.........who am I kidding, it's not even that good!
But I know one thing, every player would be petrified to go back to the dressing room, without shedding blood, sweat and tears on the pitch!

He just looks sad when he plays. Like an unwanted teddy bear. Something’s broken him.
He seemed to have a plan for his entire life and the end goal was always to be a Barca/Real Madrid player. That was the goal. He's realized now that he won't be achieving it, probably ever. Everything he's been working towards the last 15 years, his ultimate purpose, is something now he may never achieve. That's got to weigh on a person.
Boo hoo, diddums, my heart bleeds for him!
Sorry I have no sympathy for him. So, things didn't quite plan out the way he wanted, well that's life sunshine, deal with it. He could have left in the right way, but nearly every Spurs supporter I know are completely fed up with his antics and can't wait for him to sling his hook. What a sad ending to what could have been such a different story.

I'd make you manager, top post, let him go to the u23's until he buggers off
Well that could work in favour or against! Favour by showing players coming through if you don’t show 100% effort irrespective of your contract situation this is what will happen you’ll waste 7 months of your career and people will see what a twat you are! Or it could influence players to do the same.

Sorry I have no sympathy for him. So, things didn't quite plan out the way he wanted, well that's life sunshine, deal with it. He could have left in the right way, but nearly every Spurs supporter I know are completely fed up with his antics and can't wait for him to sling his hook. What a sad ending to what could have been such a different story.
Couldn’t agree more Mrs P. The day I found out I was never going to play for Barcelona was a black one indeed, but you’ve just got to get on with it.

I'm not saying I'm glad he is playing the way he is or that we should be OK with it, merely offering an explanation. At the end of the day, we are all human, and when our dreams get crushed it can be hard to overcome. When you're an athlete at the top of your profession, even a 2-3% slip up can have dire consequences.

I wish it was different too.

I'm not saying I'm glad he is playing the way he is or that we should be OK with it, merely offering an explanation. At the end of the day, we are all human, and when our dreams get crushed it can be hard to overcome. When you're an athlete at the top of your profession, even a 2-3% slip up can have dire consequences.

I wish it was different too.
Well, I wanted to be Mrs Perryman in real life, but as Joe Clash Joe Clash said, you just have to get on with it.
The problem with Eriksen is he's not as good as he thinks he is. He's obviously the king pin for his country (not that I know a lot about the Danish team, but I imagine he hasn't got a lot of competition!).
He was also our creative force and could have been remembered as a legend, if he had acted differently.
That's my point of view as I see it, I might be completely off the mark, but doubt it.

Well, I wanted to be Mrs Perryman in real life, but as Joe Clash Joe Clash said, you just have to get on with it.
The problem with Eriksen is he's not as good as he thinks he is. He's obviously the king pin for his country (not that I know a lot about the Danish team, but I imagine he hasn't got a lot of competition!).
He was also our creative force and could have been remembered as a legend, if he had acted differently.
That's my point of view as I see it, I might be completely off the mark, but doubt it.
Don’t think I could word it much better myself. He wants to be elsewhere and it shows, he just isn’t interested.

Dreaming of the 'real' (Ree-all? sic) big time whilst playing in a CL final.... Ironically, the day he fucked his own plans.

Every player grows up dreaming of playing for the elite.... Man up and fucking deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom