Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Mick but the lad must have thought he'd get more than 60 seconds. It's not his reputation at stake here but the motivational aspect for him. Imagine what he may have been like coming on for half an hour with a genuine chance to impress, far better than watching Eriksen lumber around.
Imagine him telling his family/friends he'd been named in the squad for today and that's how Poch lets him make his debut..... as a 101st minute sub....nice one Mr.Manager.

Why are you banging on so much about Poch selecting him as a sub???? The substitution was not so strange and Sess is not gonna be demotivated because of it. There is almost no point presenting reason why because you are looking for any reason to criticise the manager.

We were down to 10 men, we were defending against a team at home who had their tails up. He put him on to run the clock down. Everton were camped in our half and so why not put on someone with pace to break forward and take the pressure off.

Don’t bother replying to this. There is no point. For some reason you are convinced you know more about motivating a dressing room than he does.

I feel like I end up defending Moura more than necessary and I fully admit he has the first touch of a horse, but why does he always get singled out for this sort of stuff? Son was dogshit today too - had the fewest touches of any player in the first half. We've seen Eriksen's stats which were gloriously shit. Moura was given nothing.

Yes, he can't hold the ball up well. We shouldn't have bought a three foot high Brazilian if we were in the market for a Crouch.

If that's why Lucas doesn't start, exactly why does Eriksen start?

I’m going to hazard a guess here and say because before this train crash of a season he’s pretty much delivered 20+ goals and assists,passed the call more than most of our midfielders whilst creating more chances than anyone in our squad - year after year. Moura is never going to touch that level of performance.

He (Eriksen) was gash today, but so was Moura, and everyone pretty much and that’s largely because our coach has lost the fucking plot. Tactically we are set up to fail. He plays a CM2 again with Sissoko, who doesn’t want the ball, and can’t pass it, (who also made 0 tackles by the way) terminal for a midfielder in a double pivot, and plays probably the least equipped player as a CF in our squad as CF.

He would have been better playing Eriksen as a CF and Moura as a wide attacker. Foyth makes more sense as a CF than Moura.

Wow if this is accurate

The XG map is 1.16 for Eve vs 0.24 for Spurs.

Different one

We had 0.07xg in the first half. Just let that sink in.

We were garbage and still probably would have got 3 points if Gomes didn’t break his ankle and Son get sent off.

Just an awful stupid match.

Couple of morons bigging up the Sessegnon sub as some tactically genius time wasting move.

It was in the 101st minute meaning had there been no injury we’d have actually played that shitfuck game and not even used all our subs to try and change something.

Plus the fact we under the cosh for about 15 minutes so why leave it til the last minute to waste time when you could have actually made a sub to defend the goal a bit better or go and get the winner during the ACTUAL game.

Or one to protect our lead
Geezers a shit manager right now, and any fan defending him deserves this state we are in.
Not tactical genius, just time wasting in injury time. Reckon you see that in most games. Without the injury, there still would have been a sub - it just so happens that swapping out the strikers when we're hanging on would have been a worse move than putting on a defender with a decent turn of pace.

I don't even know what the fuck an xg is?
But 0.07 of them sounds AWFUL!
I have never seen it that low after 45 minutes. It is expected goals based on various metrics. Essentially we should have scored 0.07 goals after 45 minutes. To be fair to Poch we raised it to 0.25 (or 0.5 according to the higher one) by the end of the second half; so we must have played well (s/).

Not tactical genius, just time wasting in injury time. Reckon you see that in most games. Without the injury, there still would have been a sub - it just so happens that swapping out the strikers when we're hanging on would have been a worse move than putting on a defender with a decent turn of pace.
Not referring to you in any way

I would like to apologise for my (now deleted) comments about the incident earlier. Some of you may see the very deserved derision they received. All I heard was the commentators calling it "naughty" and that "he took a swipe at Gomes". I reacted like the emotional human being I am. I hope all is forgiven.
:thumbup:
We've all done it, mate. Don't beat yourself up.

Back
Top Bottom