Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all the positives of Sissoko, this type of game is a bad fit. Plods on the ball far too long and his passing in open positions seems to go backwards more times than not.

It is difficult. The quality of our crossing today was awful.

To be fair we don’t keep chopping and changing the manager. Is it five or six years now? We did have a good enough team to win things but the players just seemed to lack the killer instinct at the vital time and is that the players’ fault or the manager- or both? You are right though, this lot won’t win anything. It is all rather sad
yeah, that's what I mean. If we change manager & keep this group of players, fans would demand he is sacked when we are still not winning things. Which wouldn't be his fault as this team isn't good enough. So then we would end up chopping & changing, & always blaming the manager WHEN really it's the players who are not good enough.

Poch just said we were better than them in the second half....

He just saying words, it doesn’t mean anything. They were better than us for the entire game, and just like against Watford, we only avoided losing because of an iffy VAR decision.

Levy has to decide right now whether he’s happy to be mid table for a season and risk exile from the CL, or whether £30m is a price worth paying to try and save our season. It’s not about the names on the team sheet anymore, the manager can no longer get the players to produce winning football no matter who is in the XI. In our last three games we’ve played the bottom team, the top team and a team in the middle and could barely create a chance against any of them. It’s enough now.

Poch just said we were better than them in the second half....
ab0.jpg

Am I the only one who thought we looked better today than we normally do? Not sure why poch had to tinker so much at half time though, winks for Ndombele is just strange, was he injured ?
we should have put the game to bed earlier,still onto the international break

Am I the only one who thought we looked better today than we normally do? Not sure why poch had to tinker so much at half time though, winks for Ndombele is just strange, was he injured ?

We had zero shots on target in the first half, we wasted 45 minutes doing nothing. We only scored from their mistake and they had by far the better chances. We were shite.

Depends what you mean by "normally". I am not having it that our recent form is normal.

If there's any kind of 'calm take' on this one, I suppose it's worth pointing out that Sheffield United are really good right now. Like, surprisingly good.

And we just did a round trip midweek to Serbia whereas the Blades had a week's rest.

In fairness to Poch, we all wanted him to keep that winning team with only a couple of changes, and he did exactly that. Perhaps it's unfair to then be too harsh when the players looked a bit knackered.

If there's any kind of 'calm take' on this one, I suppose it's worth pointing out that Sheffield United are really good right now. Like, surprisingly good.

And we just did a round trip midweek to Serbia whereas the Blades had a week's rest.

In fairness to Poch, we all wanted him to keep that winning team with only a couple of changes, and he did exactly that. Perhaps it's unfair to then be too harsh when the players looked a bit knackered.

They’re a team that know *exactly* what they are doing for 90 minutes.

we make it up as we go along.

Levy ain’t going to sack poch this season so we may as well try and look at the posistives instead of getting annoyed, Sanchez looked solid and GLC is going to be a baller! And Foyth is going to make a fucking awesome RB !

Back
Top Bottom