Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of people disagreeing Ndombele has been wank, but not so many explanations as to what he’s bringing to the center of midfield.
He's playing the Winks role in front of the defense, making the first series of distributions. Then as we get closer in he's pushing up and trying for the final pass.

I do agree we could use more energy in the midfield though, Dier and Ndombele are just too low energy defensively to play together. Let's get Winks or Lo Celso on here.

I’m not sure what Ndombele is doing at all.
Dier shouldn’t come out second half in this system.
But alongside a grafter like Sissoko and Winks in for Ndombele, I’d keep him on.

NDombele is moving the ball - and doing it more than any other player n that pitch (28/31) twice as much as Dier (15/20) who’s given it away 25% of the time, and Bournemouth have also had more ball and more shots on target, so a more valid question would be “not sure what Dier is doing at all?” not NDombele.

Neither Sissoko/Dier are midfielders - we know this - this is how we’ve got in this mess. Sissoko is much better where he is, as an AM running at defenders - not receiving the ball under pressure off defenders and passing it quickly and incisively, which is what NDombele does.

what we need is a proper DM/6 who can move, hunt the ball down, turn quicker than a pregnant hippo and play some football.

Jose has to ditch the touchy-feely stuff and start Lo Celso instead of Dier next game (and bring him on for him asap in this one).

It's self-harm.

Far superior player and ideally suited for this game next to Ndombee (who's not having a scorcher himself tbh...but has shown flashes).

There will be a settling period with Jose where he'll have to come to terms with certain players capacity up close and accept their limitations (regardless of how he may have veiwed them in the past),

Once he sorts his head out in this respect and recalibrates, the pieces will start to be moved around and slotted in properly.

First few games are going to be clunky, but as long as we win them to continue to build confidence I'm ok with it.

We need that winning core... Jose will sort the other stuff out sooner than later.

Ahh they must be getting at us from 28-42 yards out

As you were.... Just having a read back... I can see the usual suspects are melting already.

IMO... Could be more solid, but we're carving them open at will on the counter.

convince me otherwise then ? Hes has a few worldies agains minnows in the champions league. The man is blowing bubbles out his arse after 60 minutes every game. He looks some way off a 70 million quid player
Don't ask me why, but I always read your username as SPUDGIRL.

NDombele is moving the ball - and doing it more than any other player n that pitch (28/31) twice as much as Dier (15/20) who’s given it away 25% of the time, and Bournemouth have also had more ball and more shots on target, so a more valid question would be “not sure what Dier is doing at all?” not NDombele.

Neither Sissoko/Dier are midfielders - we know this - this is how we’ve got in this mess. Sissoko is much better where he is, as an AM running at defenders - not receiving the ball under pressure off defenders and passing the ball quickly and incisively, which is what NDombele does.

what we need is a proper DM/6 who can move, turn quicker than a pregnant hippo and play some football.
You see whatever you want....I don’t see 64M bossing it

Back
Top Bottom