Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, well let me ask you a question, if given the opportunity right now, would you have Pochettino back at the club over Jose, Yes or No?

Your posts are locked down so how can I show you anything?

All I have seen you say is that Jose is past it and that Poch is a better manager, so let me keep this short and sweet, all of the bolded, I agree with, all of the unbolded, I disagree with.

Let me ask you another question, what's more important to you, winning trophies or playing entertaining football even if it means we remain bridesmaids?
There isn’t a yes or no answer to your question. Something wasn’t right with Poch’s Spurs. We don’t know the reasons for this. We can speculate that the players (what players? old or young or new, all of them????) were not responding to his demands under him, this is fair given the intensity they are asked to train and play (same also happened to Klopp at Dortmund). But did Poch get the rebuild he asked for a n order to avoid this very issue? One would suggest he didn’t.

Football, as many things in life, have context and nuanced with a lot of variables. So, assuming he didn’t get his painful rebuild is it fair to sack the manager? I’d say no.

But if these players stopped playing for him then of cause it’s right to change the manager for one that they will play for.
Is that manager José? My answer is the same as I’ve already given you. Yes, for the short term, I can’t think of a better manager to come into the club to get he results this season. (My prediction was we would still play quite shit but scrape our results, turn losses into draws and draws into wins looking at our games under him right now that’s absolutely on the fucking money wouldn’t you say?)
For the long term, well you already have my answer on that too.
To your last question again it’s not an and or. If you are competing for the PL and the CL (as we have been) then you will be playing an attractive brand of football. I want us to play an attractive brand of football because it also improves our chances of winning something. Just look at City, PSG, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca for your evidence of this. This is what we should be aiming for.
Final point on pragmatic football, it’s fucking boring to watch and painful to on the wallet when paying for the highest price tickets in the World.

Seeing this is the SERGE AURIER thread another great performance and a message to the Tripp’s lovers.

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

There isn’t a yes or no answer to your question. Something wasn’t right with Poch’s Spurs. We don’t know the reasons for this. We can speculate that the players (what players? old or young or new, all of them????) were not responding to his demands under him, this is fair given the intensity they are asked to train and play (same also happened to Klopp at Dortmund). But did Poch get the rebuild he asked for a n order to avoid this very issue? One would suggest he didn’t.

Football, as many things in life, have context and nuanced with a lot of variables. So, assuming he didn’t get his painful rebuild is it fair to sack the manager? I’d say no.

But if these players stopped playing for him then of cause it’s right to change the manager for one that they will play for.
Is that manager José? My answer is the same as I’ve already given you. Yes, for the short term, I can’t think of a better manager to come into the club to get he results this season. (My prediction was we would still play quite shit but scrape our results, turn losses into draws and draws into wins looking at our games under him right now that’s absolutely on the fucking money wouldn’t you say?)
For the long term, well you already have my answer on that too.
To your last question again it’s not an and or. If you are competing for the PL and the CL (as we have been) then you will be playing an attractive brand of football. I want us to play an attractive brand of football because it also improves our chances of winning something. Just look at City, PSG, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca for your evidence of this. This is what we should be aiming for.
Final point on pragmatic football, it’s fucking boring to watch and painful to on the wallet when paying for the highest price tickets in the World.

I am not asking if it was right to sack him or if the players stopped playing for him.

I didn't ask for the different circumstances mate and if anything Mourinho is proving that Poch didn't need players to get results.

My question was simple, "if given the opportunity right now, would you have Pochettino back at the club over Jose, Yes or No?" I didn't ask if it was fair to sack the manager or not.

Also to answer your next question, I don't think we're playing shit at all, I think we're playing very well actually but we are still a shambles at the back and I don't think we are "scraping results" as that would suggest we don't deserve to win these games but we aren't making it easy that's for sure.

And yes, my last question is also pretty easy to answer, I asked you:

"what's more important to you, winning trophies or playing entertaining football even if it means we remain bridesmaids?"

Let me elaborate on that and say it's a hypothetical situation where it is one or the other?

Also, one could argue, boring football is what we have been watching the last 6 months, the fact so many people at our club, including the supporters feel re-energized really speaks to that imo.

No super cross (for an assist) or finish from him today yet I think today was his best game of the 3 under Mourinho. Having Sissoko in front instead of Lucas may have helped, overall he was great.

His positioning and clearance after Vert tackle shouldn’t go unnoticed, the Bournemouth player behind Wilson gets a decent shot off if Serge isn’t there.

His crossing and passing today was crap but I am just loving that he is not making mistakes.
If he could pass and cross like you know who and Dele had shot instead of passing we would have won 10-0 today.

Last edited:
I am not asking if it was right to sack him or if the players stopped playing for him.

I didn't ask for the different circumstances mate and if anything Mourinho is proving that Poch didn't need players to get results.

My question was simple, "if given the opportunity right now, would you have Pochettino back at the club over Jose, Yes or No?" I didn't ask if it was fair to sack the manager or not.

Also to answer your next question, I don't think we're playing shit at all, I think we're playing very well actually but we are still a shambles at the back and I don't think we are "scraping results" as that would suggest we don't deserve to win these games but we aren't making it easy that's for sure.

And yes, my last question is also pretty easy to answer, I asked you:

"what's more important to you, winning trophies or playing entertaining football even if it means we remain bridesmaids?"

Let me elaborate on that and say it's a hypothetical situation where it is one or the other?

Also, one could argue, boring football is what we have been watching the last 6 months, the fact so many people at our club, including the supporters feel re-energized really speaks to that imo.
You can keep asking the same fucking question all you like, I'll give you exactly the same answers. Deal with it.

I couldn't care less mate, been trying to get out of the conversation for about 4 posts now because it's pointless, I just knew you would dodge the question again, hence me asking.

I am just enjoying watching us win at the moment.
It's not being dodged. It's been answered in great detail.

If you want to get out of the convo here is a tip, don't ask a question. It's the very basic principle of dialogue that solicits a response.

1 more essay.... 1 more essay.... :freundgoal:

Oh look, it's the resident nut clinger back in another thread inconveniencing electrons for absolutely zero effect.

I would tell you to go and hump your Levy poster again and give your dick another paper cut but something tells me if he spends a bunch of money on Mourinho in the next window you might cry into your cum sock and burn your THFC merch lol!

Oh look, it's the resident nut clinger back in another thread inconveniencing electrons for absolutely zero effect.

I would tell you to go and hump your Levy poster again and give your dick another paper cut but something tells me if he spends a bunch of money on Mourinho in the next window you might cry into your cum sock and burn your THFC merch lol!

:dembelelol:

Anyone got a froth-cloth for I__C.... Homeboy be drowning over here!

:dembelelol:

Anyone got a froth-cloth for I__C.... Homeboy be drowning over here!

I don't know what's more appealing, roasting you on here for a laugh or watching Gary Lineker try to achieve flight out of the BBC studios with his ears because he doesn't want to compliment us for winning.

Going to go with the latter because I at least gain some pleasure from that, there is no pleasure to be gained from trolling someone who farts in a toilet so they can flush it.

:mourloopy:

I don't know what's more appealing, roasting you on here for a laugh or watching Gary Lineker try to achieve flight out of the BBC studios with his ears because he doesn't want to compliment us for winning.

Going to go with the latter because I at least gain some pleasure from that, there is no pleasure to be gained from trolling someone who farts in a toilet so they can flush it.

:mourloopy:

Don't stop now... You're on fire, champ!

Back
Top Bottom