Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, that Serge Aurier has played well in the last few games, maybe getting a run of games has had something to do with it.

It should be.

His reluctance in giving away a penalty yesterday should also be commended!

He's had 3/4 consecutive starts and has played reasonably well - scoring, taking throw ins according to the laws and not conceding yellow cards/penalties. However his crossing has more work to do. After two years of 'heart-in-mouth' performances, let's hope he's turned the corner and can solve our RWB problem.

Additionally, Mourinho has done something with Dele and here's hoping he can do the same with Dier.

Wednesday will be the first real test against ManU after Wham, Olympiacos and Bournemouth where we've shipped six goals and conceded two 3-0 leads.

It should be.

His reluctance in giving away a penalty yesterday should also be commended!

He's had 3/4 consecutive starts and has played reasonably well - scoring, taking throw ins according to the laws and not conceding yellow cards/penalties. However his crossing has more work to do. After two years of 'heart-in-mouth' performances, let's hope he's turned the corner and can solve our RWB problem.

Additionally, Mourinho has done something with Dele and here's hoping he can do the same with Dier.

Wednesday will be the first real test against ManU after Wham, Olympiacos and Bournemouth where we've shipped six goals and conceded two 3-0 leads.
Aurier's throw WAS a foul throw. All that happened is it didn't get spotted, just like 99% of throws that never get spotted by the officials!

Watch his right foot, clearly off the ground as at the beginning of the action it's behind him and at the end of the action, it's in front of him. To get pinged for a foul throw you have to extremely unlucky and they are so rarely picked-up on.

Aurier's throw WAS a foul throw. All that happened is it didn't get spotted, just like 99% of throws that never get spotted by the officials!

Watch his right foot, clearly off the ground as at the beginning of the action it's behind him and at the end of the action, it's in front of him. To get pinged for a foul throw you have to extremely unlucky and they are so rarely picked-up on.

I dunno mate, it's VERY difficult to tell from that footage. So long as both feet are in contact with the ground, the ball come from behind the head, and some part of both feet are behind the line, I think it's a legal throw.

B7uh1jm.jpg

That looks to me like the right foot is grounded at the point of release. If anything there isn't any of the left foot behind the line which could well have meant it was a foul throw.

But yeah, it's one of my pet peeves too. So many foul throws don't get picked up that you're unlucky if they do.

I can't really make it out. However I think his right foot is planted (just) and his left foot is on or behind the line (just). Overall a great improvement over the 2 or 3 foul throws he committed in one game (last season I think). I no longer cringe when he goes to take a throw.

Anyway isn't that what VAR is for! Clear and obvious error on the the officials' part?

Before you hit 'Reply' (outraged) - I am only kidding.

The multi-ball rule is mad and should be replaced with the Rugby Union equivalent of 'if you take a quick throw(line out), it must be with the ball that went out of play'.

The multi-ball rule is mad and should be replaced with the Rugby Union equivalent of 'if you take a quick throw(line out), it must be with the ball that went out of play'.
potentially slows the game down....football different because throw in must come from where ball went out , while rugby they can take it further back?

I dunno mate, it's VERY difficult to tell from that footage. So long as both feet are in contact with the ground, the ball come from behind the head, and some part of both feet are behind the line, I think it's a legal throw.

B7uh1jm.jpg

That looks to me like the right foot is grounded at the point of release. If anything there isn't any of the left foot behind the line which could well have meant it was a foul throw.

But yeah, it's one of my pet peeves too. So many foul throws don't get picked up that you're unlucky if they do.
100% it's a foul throw. His right leg goes from behind him to in front of him whilst in the act of throwing the ball, it's in a smooth arc motion too. This can only happen when his foot is off the ground. Everything else about the throw is fine, it's taken from the place it went out, ball is behind the head and feet behind the line.

I don't care that it was, the point I'm trying to make since he got pinged at West Ham game is, it's fucking unlucky to get pinged because in every game so many of the throw-ins are in fact foul throws but never get spotted.

I can't really make it out. However I think his right foot is planted (just) and his left foot is on or behind the line (just). Overall a great improvement over the 2 or 3 foul throws he committed in one game (last season I think). I no longer cringe when he goes to take a throw.

Anyway isn't that what VAR is for! Clear and obvious error on the the officials' part?

the ref has to inspect the pitch, goalposts etc. I haven't seen a specific duty to inspect the ball before it gets brought into play in case the home team ball kids have messed with it?

100% it's a foul throw. His right leg goes from behind him to in front of him whilst in the act of throwing the ball, it's in a smooth arc motion too. This can only happen when his foot is off the ground. Everything else about the throw is fine, it's taken from the place it went out, ball is behind the head and feet behind the line.

I don't care that it was, the point I'm trying to make since he got pinged at West Ham game is, it's fucking unlucky to get pinged because in every game so many of the throw-ins are in fact foul throws but never get spotted.
I'm unconvinced from that footage. I think he could easily have been brushing his studs along the surface and lifting his foot after the ball has left his hands. It is literally split second stuff. Don't think I could comfortably call it either way. Therefore I think the ref could probably be said to have got the right decision in this case.

It's definitely a foul throw, right is 100% off the ground.

As I said in my other reply, it doesn't bother me one bit that it's a foul throw as the point I'm making is it's incredibly bad luck to get pinged for a foul throw as the officials never spot them despite a very large percentage of them are in cat foul throws. He was incredibly unlucky when he got pinged at the West Ham game, everyone then literally losing their shit over it as if he's shot, someone.

I'm unconvinced from that footage. I think he could easily have been brushing his studs along the surface and lifting his foot after the ball has left his hands. It is literally split second stuff. Don't think I could comfortably call it either way. Therefore I think the ref could probably be said to have got the right decision in this case.
What you have described is a foul throw, at the moment of throwing the ball have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline.

fuck sake, low point even for this site - discussing at length what is or is not a foul throw.
what next?! the diameter of a football, durability of a corner flag

Considering he couldn't fucking take a fair one and is being praised for the quick throw he probably wasn't even thinking about taking quickly until Jose and the ball boy got involved, well then yes, of course we're going to talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom