Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks just isn't good enough for a team trying to finish top 4 minimum. It's all very well having a good game once in a while, usually against lesser teams, but when he comes up against anyone decent the sideways and backwards passing just doesn't cut it.

I really don't see what he brings to our midfield, that couldn't be replaced quite easily. Don't get me wrong, no one played well tonight but this is a recurring theme with him.

Amazon having a mare by putting their eggs in our basket this season. They better start pulling some strings to win us the CL, or some barn burning romp that documentary will be.

Dele played far too high tonight, more of a 4-2-4 that left us exposed in middle of the park. Having said that our midfield two couldn't trap a bag of cement or pass wind tomight. Jose needs to get a tune out of ndombele. Winks has really regressed.

How many times have we been to top clubs where we should have won but continually don't perform? Even when they are in poor form, we don't have the mentality.
The real heart breaker, is that I'm not surprised at all tonight.

We’ve won once at Woolwich in Premier League era.

Our win at Stamford Bridge two seasons ago out only win there in 30 years.

We won at Anfield in 1912 the week the Titanic sunk and didn’t win there for another 73 years until 1985. We’ve barely won there since.

We went nearly 30 seasons without winning at Old Trafford until AVB and Tim Sherwood delivered back to back wins. Pochettino I think lost 4 of his 5 league games there.

League record at Man City piss poor since they emerged as a force just over a decade ago.

I just write off any away game against so called Big 6. A point is a bonus.

Awesome to see some of Harry Kane's incredible passing and vision

Sad to see posters denigrate what he does
No one's above criticism, mate. He didn't even look like he was there for most of this game. We are not talking about superman here. Harry is a great footballer, but not every game.

I was surprised at how bad you were tonight. Easiest game we’ve had at Old Trafford all season.

Jose really got his tactics wrong. Apart from Rashford I thought we were ordinary.
Thanks very much. I’ll send you some salt and you can rub it into my cut wrists if you like.

Hope it’s raining in Manchester !

I’m going to make a public apology for suggesting Lamela would be sent off as I know he never has. I tried to make a joke based on his fiery temperament and historical shithousery and the expected bad luck / VAR nonsense at OT. Sadly, I am frequently being reminded of his full-shithousery skills in managing to nearly get sent off, acquiring his yellow within seconds and then riding the tightrope until the end of the game.

Sorry. It won’t happen again. I love you Érik.

I'll tell you what, it reminded me of Pochettino's late days, which would suggest the malaise goes deeper than the manager.

Or, that the malaise is so deeply ingrained due to our former manager?

They are all still exhausted from excessive training demands of the former fitness gurus Poch entrusted IMO

Dele played far too high tonight, more of a 4-2-4 that left us exposed in middle of the park. Having said that our midfield two couldn't trap a bag of cement or pass wind tomight. Jose needs to get a tune out of ndombele. Winks has really regressed.

Dele needs to be high up, it’s his best position, and what got us the goal. The problem is we had 2 centre mids both incapable of controlling the midfield. 3 man midfield would have been better, with Dier actually protecting the defence, Ndombele and Winks ahead of him.

Fast forward. Winks is now 34 & playing under his 8th spurs manager. Still no trophies. "Its all those managers fault! The playing talent is there".
All of Lamela's limbs have been replaced with robotics, but still spending as much time in the mechanic's room for repairs.

We just lost to a united reserve team in awful form. That just can't be accepted. We have some massive fear of the other top 6 grounds and that shit needs to end. How the fuck can villa get points there and we play like this? Ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom