Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazza

Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen

Lo Celso Dier Ndombele

Alli Kane Son

Is this worth trying? Obviously we want to keep Alli central and near Kane, but as Aurier pushes up he can provide the width on the right hand side with Alli getting closer to Kane. I would hate to ruin Alli’s form as he was the only bright spark we had today. As polarising as he is, I feel Dier needs to be back in the side until we can buy a replacement.

This really could have been a nice boring 0-1 win if Gazza makes a routine save and Sissoko’s brain doesn’t fall out of his ass.

Winks-Sissoko in the middle when we drop into a 4-4-2 on defense is a disaster. Much rather push Sissoko out wide to cover Aurier and have Ndombele in the center to provide some outlet.

We are so shit against the top 6 teams. It’s unbearable. And Ndombele not starting every game is a crime. He’s by miles out best mid.

That DM position is a killer for us at the moment. I think Jose has been right going with the ones he knows but they've now, as expected given him a reason to drop a few of them.
We may as well write this season off. We have 3 new signings made by the manager who has now left, players who aren’t interested and other players learning a new system after 5 years.

If we get top 4 then great, if not then we go again next season with a full summer and 2 windows under Mourinho.

Do you honestly think teams develop a winning mentality by writing a season off less than half way through?

All we need to do is find a settled starting XI and rotate smartly in games where we can afford to. Man U away isn't one of those games and it exposed us for one or two of our frail areas.

The sooner we can get a 4,2,3,1 looking like Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Ndombele, Son, Lo Celso, Dele, Kane the better. All the others should be rotation/ backup as it stands and the manager needs to look at where it's smart to rest players that are due one.

I kind of expected that. It was a bit of a tap in even for a mug like Ole gunnar dead-cat. All he had to do was play Mourinho's rant where he basically tells his whole team that Spurs are better than them and he'd swap if he could. Rashford certainly looked like he wanted the comparisons made with Kane and Son. There were a few Spurs fans almost wilfully ignoring the truth. Poch is a fine coach burned out and under resourced for whatever reason him and Levy conspired to leave us a squad not good enough to challenge for honors. The CB, RB,LB (both on the pitch and on the bench) are past it. The one proven AM wants to leave desperately and I have no idea what Winks is. We have no fit CDM of any kind and Sissoko can play RWM ONLY. Till Levy fixes this the reincarnation of Bill Nicholson can't do a damn thing against any side that understands our frailties. What frustrates me, is bearing this in mind, we should play Sessingnon LWB, Lo Celso, ACM Kyle Walker Peter's at RWB. Because whatever happens we won't be worse and at least it's looking to a future and in Jan buy a young fit CB. Till then get used to the long ball cluster-fuck we got tonight.

New manager bounce well and truly over. 😕

That was all very 'Poch: End of days' tonight.

....Bit fucked off to feel like we're still just going round in circles with our MF.

I know JM, didn't buy either, but unless we're gonna at least try GLC & Ndombele either side of a DM in a CM3 then we're just back to fucking around trying to find a 2 man blend that we just don't have in the squad.

ATM from an EPL-centric viewpoint it feels like we just essentially bought another #10(*) in Ndombele..... And to a lesser extent another in GLC (who at least looks a bit more combative and mobile)...

(*Which makes Ndombele, GLC, Eriksen, Dele & Lamela.... Yet some still bleat about Maddison & Fernandez).

Meanwhile, this false-FB business with Serge feels like JM's trying to be too complicated right out of the blocks... Just play Sissoko at FB if you must, but for crying out loud the one thing I thought we could rely upon was JM building us up from the back. Is the up-side of Serge as false-RW really worth all the fucking about?

KWP, Foyth, Sessengon, GLC, Skipp (and of course Wanyama)... For varying reasons all feel like a waste of space right now. :(

Last edited:
I admitted earlier that we were poor and didn’t deserve anything from the game but the alleged penalty really changed the game
Crap decision

Just watched a bit of MOTD and Van Dike challenge which was a clear penalty and a red card at 2-1
Nothing given

Absolutely ridiculous and the game is bent

We rarely get anything at that dump, so it's no biggy...
It is a “biggy”to me. We have players more than capable to make them look like a bottom half club but it was the other way around tonight. Just because of past results at OT shouldn’t mean it doesn’t matter losing now. Why bother showing up if “we rarely get anything there”?

New manager bounce well and truly over. 😕

That was all very 'Poch: End of days' tonight.

....Bit fucked off to feel like we're still just going round in circles with our MF.

I know JM, didn't buy either, but unless we're gonna at least try GLC & Ndombele either side of a DM in CM3 then we're just back to fucking around trying to find a 2 man blend that we just don't have in the squad.

ATM from an EPL-centric viewpoint it feels like we just essentially bought another #10(*) in Ndombele..... And to a lesser extent another in GLC (who at least looks a bit more combative and mobile)...

(*Which makes Ndombele, GLC, Eriksen, Dele & Lamela.... Yet some still bleat about Maddison & Fernandez).

Meanwhile, this false-FB business with Serge feels like JM's trying to be too complicated right out of the blocks... Just play Sissoko at FB if you must, but for crying out loud the one thing I thought we could rely upon was JM building us up from the back. Is the up-side of Serge as false-RW really worth all the fucking about?

KWP, Foyth, Sessengon, GLC, Skipp (and of course Wanyama)... For varying reasons all feel like a waste of space right now. :(

Sissoko at FB ? He's cost us goals in in our last three league games in that area of the pitch (West Ham, Bournemouth and ManU). He makes Aurier look like Lahm.

Gazza

Lo Celso Dier Ndombele

Alli Kane Son

Is this worth trying? Obviously we want to keep Alli central and near Kane, but as Aurier pushes up he can provide the width on the right hand side with Alli getting closer to Kane. I would hate to ruin Alli’s form as he was the only bright spark we had today. As polarising as he is, I feel Dier needs to be back in the side until we can buy a replacement.

Be it Dier, Skipp or Foyth, for Buddha's sake just have someone solely screening the back line and playing the easy ball to the more creative players.... We're SO exposed through the middle!

Gazza

Lo Celso Dier Ndombele

Alli Kane Son

If Dier is shit then it won't work, and if Dier is not shit, we're better off in the 4-2-3-1

MOTD pundits saying we were cocky.
I make them right. A lot of posters here thought this game would be a walkover.
I sincerely hope this is the last time JM allows this to happen.

Back
Top Bottom