Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terrible performance, great result - so can't really complain. As others have said, I didn't quite expect the Wolves fans to be against our players so much, especially in such a cynical and hate-filled manner. But then again, they do have to live in Wolverhampton. Can't be easy for them either.

Think they had their best gate if the season today.

Can't blame them I suppose turning out to watch the mighty Tottenham. Star struck.

Had a quick perusal of their forum, fucking hell they have a high opinion of themselves. I thought I was on RAWK or Blue moon for a minute or two.

It's the great Spurs-Wolves rivalry, which no Spurs fan knows or gives a sh!t about

Putting everything in perspective, so often we were Wolves last night isnt it?
Playing very well and dominance, but couldnt do much. When they had a chance, it wasnt to a lethal player.
I know very well how they would have felt last night. Difference being there were expectations on us, so when it happened to us, analyst always talk about what we didnt do enough.
But when Wolves did it last night, everybody highlighting how dominant they were. If it was us, there will be people highlighting how Moutinho delivery are wasteful.

I think their fault were they let us back into the game. After the equalizer, their intensity dropped. Us being set as a physical side, were dominant in the set pieces. We are lucky, but luck favors the bold.
This would be talked about if it happened to us.

That being said, our midfield is horrendous. That was with Dier playing well. So sadly we are bound to suffer so much more this season. Unless Ndombele steps up a level. Though he doesnt look very mobile so i had reservation about him. Might need to play 433 later on.

Wolves were better overall but Spurs took their opportunities when they came and came out on top because of it. Something a team with a winning mentality does. A very courageous effort all around.

We defended really well, lost count of the amount of blocked shots, but the holes between our front four and CM’s was a little troublesome, granted Wolves had very quick pace throughout the game. We were toasted in the middle of the park. We need Ndombele Dembele back asap.

Fixed it for you :) ha

Really tough game against a very underrated side. Away from home, in the rain, with the players we have fit... I don't care how we got the points, I'm just glad we did.

Our FB/DM situation is seriously worrying though. We'll get punished for it at some point. Rashford got the better of us, and Traore almost did.

Feels weird to think we spent 150m this summer and none of them played a minute today.

Oh well. Onwards with the JM show!

Yes a privilege to play a top team like yourselves even though you’ve won fuck all
Above our station Well I’m happy with my sides display today and we’re getting better all the time
Unfortunately your new defensive manager is going to put you through a lot more days like today and yes you may Nik the odd three points but it’s not going to be enjoyable
Oh last minute winners are always enjoyable!

No, because he worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and worked.

Did you not notice that Wolves were the best team we have played so far, City aside?

At half time I scrolled through the comments and all I saw was moaning, you all must have watched a different game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed that, a hard fought victory against an excellent team. You and others seemed to have seen some other match.

Fucking Dier - that wasn't brilliant!
Fucking Sissoko, kicking it out for a throw in!
Fucking Aurier - why arent you Maldini?
Fucking Mourinho, Eriksen??????

Stop posting during matches, go back to enjoying a game of football
It's why so many people have him on ignore. If we were all in the same room watching the game on a big screen - if someone like that was gobbling off in the same way, he would get kicked out or the room would empty.
Utter gobshite

Jenas did a massive segment on our midfield today and how fucking bad it is. Highlighted them constantly hiding, shitting themselves and turning backwards when they could turn forwards and panicking and playing others into trouble and then not moving to help them out of it.

It was the last segment on the analysis of our game on MOTD2 tonight.
Got a link?

A fit Ndombele and a quality DM in January and hopefully we’ll never have to see those clowns in midfield again.

Really tough game against a very underrated side. Away from home, in the rain, with the players we have fit... I don't care how we got the points, I'm just glad we did.

Our FB/DM situation is seriously worrying though. We'll get punished for it at some point. Rashford got the better of us, and Traore almost did.

Feels weird to think we spent 150m this summer and none of them played a minute today.

Oh well. Onwards with the JM show!
To be fair, it rained on everyone, except the very rich people in their boxes and the very very poor people right up the back.

UMBRELLAS FOR THE MANY - VOTE LABO... oooops, too late, isn't it? :(

Mick, I thought you didn’t go in for personal abuse?
To me a gobshite is some who goes on and on and on - giving out opinions without being asked for them, a continual outpouring of boasting, moaning and/or complaint.
As I have said about him in the past, these are observations of his contribution, not insults for the sake of being insulting.
Gobshite is a much more succinct version of the above.

Jenas did a massive segment on our midfield today and how fucking bad it is. Highlighted them constantly hiding, shitting themselves and turning backwards when they could turn forwards and panicking and playing others into trouble and then not moving to help them out of it.

It was the last segment on the analysis of our game on MOTD2 tonight.
Just watched MOTD2. Jenus is spot-on about Dier, or maybe even a little kind to him. Lack of fitness can only account temporarily for some of his weaknesses. As I see it, the main problem is his mental sluggishness and lack of vision.

Oh and the pointy arm.

Recommend MOTD2 to you, because it's followed immediately by Citeh's Christmas humiliation, demolition of our friends down the road. A Joy to Behold at This Festive Time of Year. 🎅🎅🎅

To me a gobshite is some who goes on and on and on - giving out opinions without being asked for them, a continual outpouring of boasting, moaning and/or complaint.
As I have said about him in the past, these are observations of his contribution, not insults for the sake of being insulting.
Gobshite is a much more succinct version of the above.

But it’s still a personal insult which you say you never do. I don’t care who you mug off, but don’t pretend you’re built of something purer. You’re down in the gutter - just like the rest of us.

I knowing doesn't tell the whole story but 5 shots on target apiece doesn't seem to be a battering. Loved the dirty fouls on traore: think we've missed a bit of that when lamela hasn't played...quality montage of it on match of the day!

But it’s still a personal insult which you say you never do. I don’t care who you mug off, but don’t pretend you’re built of something purer. You’re down in the gutter - just like the rest of us.

Oh please give it a rest you two...this o my ends I stalemate for you and tedium for us. I respect and love you both but every thread? Really?

Oh please give it a rest you two...this o my ends I stalemate for you and tedium for us. I respect and love you both but every thread? Really?
Fuck off you fucking idiot. Every thread? That’s the first time I’ve responded to Mick in months. I don’t know what you’re reading. I suspect you’re just being a dramacunt you flakey dimwit.

Back
Top Bottom