Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't watch the game today, but based on the highlights and what I read here, I understand it wasn't one of our best performances. Quite possibly the most important 3 points so far though. The win is all that matters.

We put 5 past Burnley a week ago and it's not realistic to expect that we can get results like that every single week. We're still work in progress and a few players shy of being a really good team. I'm delighted that we have the possibility to get into the top 4 next week.

It was a game where they seem to have an age on the ball and every time we came close to the ball were swamped. We had plenty of chances and so did they. But it was otherwise quite tight. You always felt they were going to win it though.

The Wolves fans are a proper bunch of whingers. When they weren't singing Harry Kane is a wanker they had a bizarre fascination with screaming for handball every five seconds. It was Liverpool levels of entitlement there. Glad we brought them back down to earth with a thud.

A month ago we would have lost that one.

I couldn't believe what I just saw on MOTD.

The 'expert' summarisers raving about Wolves, criticising us, not even showing Moura's goal nor focussing on any of the good work we did and then Micah Richards saying that Eriksen is our best player and shouldn't be on the bench!!...

I'm not saying that we deserved to win but the analysis of the game was a joke.

Lol look at these united

The 'expert' summarisers raving about Wolves, criticising us, not even showing Moura's goal nor focussing on any of the good work we did and then Micah Richards saying that Eriksen is our best player and shouldn't be on the bench!!...

That’s MOTD for ya. :harrysmile:

Yeah, I had to turn it off in the end, the way they were talking it's like Wolves had won 4-0.

Jenas did a massive segment on our midfield today and how fucking bad it is. Highlighted them constantly hiding, shitting themselves and turning backwards when they could turn forwards and panicking and playing others into trouble and then not moving to help them out of it.

It was the last segment on the analysis of our game on MOTD2 tonight.

I'm sorry you've been getting a hammering, as you've been pretty respectful.
If it helps we have been playing teams at home and been giving them the runaround for years now. Mostly we have found a way and beaten them, but occasionally we have been faced with 2 banks of 5 and been beaten with a sucker punch.
But today you were beaten by a team that had slightly less possession than you, but managed the same amount of goal bound attempts. The difference was 2 of ours went in and only one of yours did. We didn't set up to defend and not attack, we made a game of it and did so without bothering to deploy a competent midfield against the core strength of your team.
Wolves looked good today, but had no bite to add to their heart.
So yes, we were the superior team because we scored 2 and you only scored one, and which ever way you choose to look at it. It's the only relevant fact that matters.

You did win on crosses and corners though. When there's a column in the league table for it, you should start to climb faster.
Nicely put. What was that cunt doing on here anyway???

Gotta love it when some cunt joins the forum and yaps on about (**INSERT "PLUCKY" TEAM HAVING DECENT RUN***) only to be humbled. Yes - you played well and Yes - you lost. Ciao for now BUCKO.

This game was all about working on our defensive shape. They have clearly been working hard on it and Wolves created very few chances.

Wolves had great energy and were able to press the entire game.

Knowing that Sissoko would be helping out Aurier on the right; Wolves tagetted Jan the entire game. They knew that with Sissoko out wide; Dier couldn't be drawn out of the center and Jan would be all alone; with only Son to track back to help out.

It was encouraging to see us more organised in defence and able to defend set pieces.

Outstanding finish by Moura; and Dier was unlucky to not find the net. Excellent work by Kane all over the pitch; but would be nice to see us allow him to play as striker again!

The Eriksen critics must have a terrible hangover today.

Jenas did a massive segment on our midfield today and how fucking bad it is. Highlighted them constantly hiding, shitting themselves and turning backwards when they could turn forwards and panicking and playing others into trouble and then not moving to help them out of it.

It was the last segment on the analysis of our game on MOTD2 tonight.

Good programme for the whingers to watch .... let's talk utter shit for a while

Long my Jenas keep moaning remember he said about himself "Playing centre midfield I don't see myself as defensive" so WTF does he know about defending? Long may MOTD keep being biased against us. Long may they heap praise on the teams we just beat, all that just makes me laugh.

I know it boils MOTD's piss and clearly yours as well - BUT WE WON AGAIN - suck it up.

Good programme for the whingers to watch .... let's talk utter shit for a while

Long my Jenas keep moaning remember he said about himself "Playing centre midfield I don't see myself as defensive" so WTF does he know about defending? Long may MOTD keep being biased against us. Long may they heap praise the teams we just beat, just makes me laugh.

I know it boils MOTD's piss and clearly yours as well - BUT WE WON AGAIN - suck it up.

Yeah, lets ignore that Jenas actually backed what he was saying by showing numerous examples. It's all just a big BBC conspiracy against Eric Dier.

No, because he worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and worked.

Did you not notice that Wolves were the best team we have played so far, City aside?

At half time I scrolled through the comments and all I saw was moaning, you all must have watched a different game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed that, a hard fought victory against an excellent team. You and others seemed to have seen some other match.

Fucking Dier - that wasn't brilliant!
Fucking Sissoko, kicking it out for a throw in!
Fucking Aurier - why arent you Maldini?
Fucking Mourinho, Eriksen??????

Stop posting during matches, go back to enjoying a game of football
Jesus William calm down.....joking aside Damn good post👏🏻

Indeed... Back to his world-class best wasn't he. :freundgoal:

Well, he got the assist for the goal that won us the game.

Its genius really. He spent years hitting corners into the first defender. Corner after corner. Wolves knew this and put everyone on the front post......and BOOOOOM - Eriksen strikes his corner over the first man, over the CB's and right to Jan hanging out round the back.

All part of his master plan. Saving a good corner for when we really needed it.

Wolves were better overall but Spurs took their opportunities when they came and came out on top because of it. Something a team with a winning mentality does. A very courageous effort all around.

We defended really well, lost count of the amount of blocked shots, but the holes between our front four and CM’s was a little troublesome, granted Wolves had very quick pace throughout the game. We were toasted in the middle of the park. We need Ndombele back asap.

Back
Top Bottom