Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes a privilege to play a top team like yourselves even though you’ve won fuck all
Above our station Well I’m happy with my sides display today and we’re getting better all the time
Unfortunately your new defensive manager is going to put you through a lot more days like today and yes you may Nik the odd three points but it’s not going to be enjoyable
Probably time for a full medical, if you can possibly find the time away from opposition forums.

Ever since they came up I have quite enjoyed watching their games to be honest. I think under Pochettino we would have lost today but Mourinho has at least instilled a bit of fight

Aye... It wasn't a dig....

I'd say JM has restored our fight (but that's just semantics).

Yes a privilege to play a top team like yourselves even though you’ve won fuck all
Above our station Well I’m happy with my sides display today and we’re getting better all the time
Unfortunately your new defensive manager is going to put you through a lot more days like today and yes you may Nik the odd three points but it’s not going to be enjoyable

Fair enough - perhaps the issue is the 2 (whoever takes those places will never have enough to cover the 4 forwards and a deep back-line) against more mobile midfields.

Would you want to change the formation to include a 3rd MF?

With the options we have now, absolutely I would. This is a major thing for me, it takes two exceptionally rounded midfielders to play the double pivot, we don’t even have one.

With the options we have now, absolutely I would. This is a major thing for me, it takes two exceptionally rounded midfielders to play the double pivot, we don’t even have one.
Would you drop one of the front four (Lucas for me) or just have them drop back (Alli?). I know you’re a big fan of Skipp, but dropping Dier or Sissoko for a more creative player once Skipp is in (GLC / N’Dombele) then causes it’s own problems with the transition from defence to attack (well, when attacks break down).

I think - if this was a way forward - that we’re both blessed and cursed with a talented front line! They’re all capable of a big impact - but I agree entirely that the MF has been sadly lacking since Dembele left, and the FBs haven’t been as progressive.

it does look as though Jose is making-do with this current formation though. Not sure mid-season (when you’re winning, by hook or by crook) is the time to deviate from a sort-of-successful template?

Last edited:
Really, really lovely win today. Wolves are strong and were always going to be up for this. A result of any kind is decent. Can’t ask for more from Jose. He’s had no real time to bed in so it’s all about the results. And this was similar in some ways to Yanited who overran us for almost 90 minutes. He’s learning and improving. So are we

We now have a week to prepare - as he says - and be up and waiting for ‘them’.

So up for Sunday.

COYS

This is you, it is isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom