Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said before, I'm not saying there shouldn't be criticism but to avoid mentioning the positive aspects including what was a fantastic goal was just ridiculous.

It wasn't a fantastic goal, it was one player getting the ball dropping a shoulder and whacking it from a very improbable angle. There was very little that was clever or good team play or deft skill about it.

Even a good deep block, counter attacking attacking philosophy needs to transition the ball through midfield.

Oh of course, yes. It *needs* it. I just think Mourinho is currently being pragmatic about it and recommending we hit it long either from goal or from the CBs. Toby is currently our play maker.

Let's see what happens when Ndombele is back. I think we both agree that Skipp should get a go. Would like to see them play together, although in a 3 rather than a 2.

Some of that camera work is glorious, highlights are the shock on Moutinho's face when he sees Vertonghen....and Adama Traore being on a different planet the whole time...also just noticed Alderweireld holding his ear to the Wolves fans...

Last edited:
Some of that camera work is glorious, highlights are the shock on Moutinho's face when he sees Vertonghen....and Adama Traore being on a different planet the whole time...also just noticed Alderweireld holding his ear to the Wolves fans...

Didn't see Toby mugging off the Wolves fans until we got a close up angle on the celebrations.

Class

Nice to see Toby giving it to their crowd.

:kaneear:

It wasn't a fantastic goal, it was one player getting the ball dropping a shoulder and whacking it from a very improbable angle. There was very little that was clever or good team play or deft skill about it.

Come on, credit where it's due.

He created it himself and lashed it with little backlift and at such pace and position that a decent keeper was left floundering.

Other than that, he did very little apart from losing the ball that led to their goal.

I'm not sure what to make of Lucas!

Jenas still banging on about Eriksen is our top player

Much like Richards was....

These fuckers live inside the media bubble: Headlines and highlights with an added dose of doubling down on behalf of "fellow professionals".

CE was given a clean slate by Poch in the summer and by Jose upon his arrival yet can't score a starting spot... Speaks volumes regardless of the 'whys and wherefores' behind his form.

Week to week shit-housery up and down the leagues; most of all from the reigning EPL champs and guess who Durham is gearing up to troll for being "dirty" "tactical foulers" this evening?

:dempsey:

....Obviously, peeps would prefer us to be a walk-over, but still; embarrassing.

Week to week shit-housery up and down the leagues; most of all from the reigning EPL champs and guess who Durham is gearing up to troll for being "dirty" "tactical foulers" this evening?

:dempsey:

....Obviously, peeps would prefer us to be a walk-over, but still; embarrassing.

So Durham's got the Toffees riled about Gomez all over again as a result of his rancid musings.

I couldn't believe what I just saw on MOTD.

The 'expert' summarisers raving about Wolves, criticising us, not even showing Moura's goal nor focussing on any of the good work we did and then Micah Richards saying that Eriksen is our best player and shouldn't be on the bench!!...

I'm not saying that we deserved to win but the analysis of the game was a joke.
They also didn't show pen shouts OR the what I thought was a clear red card tackle on Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom