Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he's publicly said there are no incomings. He's publicly said we don't need any. He's publicly said this team can achieve under him. "it's why he's here".

Now, let's say that some of that is red herring stuff. Do you trust him to buy a good player? Do you trust him that he knows what we need?

Well, that I don’t know. I’d like to think he knows a good defensive midfielder when he sees one. We don’t really have much choice - let’s see what happens.

I must say, his post match quotes are worrying. If he’s basically been brought in by Levy to be a front man for no spending then we’re genuinely
fucked.

What’s even more infuriating about this team is that we’re shit against smaller teams and wank against our ‘rivals’.

The Dippers will absolutely fucking pump us.

Can it get worse? Or is this our only way is up moment?
Because i don't believe the chairman,the manager or the players can look at that not feel disgusted.
We have to get a reaction out of the players next game,because that was dog shit awful.

Jose is handing out contracts to the players that are no longer good enough. That's a massive concern. Toby at fault for the own goal and now today.

Arteta has had more of a positive impact on how Woolwich play (NOT RESULTS) that Jose has with us. We are getting worse, not better.

Genuine questions: How does he want us to play? Why are we so flat? Why can't we win 1v1's? Very basic stuff.
He’s handed out one to Toby, we have to keep at leat one CH to play alongside that Sanchez clown right? So maybe Toby was the only one of him and Jan who was prepared to stay?

As for how he wants us to play? it’s hard to say yet, he’s trying out various formations with the garbage he has at present, there isn’t much more he can do, long term I’d “best guess” it will be 433.
But for that to work he needs two new fullbacks, a world class holding midfielder and a top drawer centre half, he is probably working out right now if he has a creative box to box midfielder in the squad he can relay on.....
By the end of the summer window I’d (again guess we might go into next season looking like this:

..................................New Keeper.............................

New RB............Toby.......New CH..............New LB

.......New B2B.......New DM..........N’Dombele.......

......Son.......................Kane................Lo Celso...........

Can it get worse? Or is this our only way is up moment?
Because i don't believe the chairman,the manager or the players can look at that not feel disgusted.
We have to get a reaction out of the players next game,because that was dog shit awful.
Of course it could get worse, we're still 6th in the PL and still in the CL and FA Cup. It's a shit run of performances, but take a look at the likes of Sunderland for a glimpse of true disaster.

He’s handed out one to Toby, we have to keep at leat one CH to play alongside that Sanchez clown right? So maybe Toby was the only one of him and Jan who was prepared to stay?

As for how he wants us to play? it’s hard to say yet, he’s trying out various formations with the garbage he has at present, there isn’t much more he can do, long term I’d “best guess” it will be 433.
But for that to work he needs two new fullbacks, a world class holding midfielder and a top drawer centre half, he is probably working out right now if he has a creative box to box midfielder in the squad he can relay on.....
By the end of the summer window I’d (again guess we might go into next season looking like this:

That's at least 2 windows there, posssibly 3,coz we aint getting 5 players this January.
I very much doubt(to put it mildly),anyway.

I'm so thoroughly disappointed. Had to nap off my anger after the game, and am taking quite a withdrawn stance towards football compared with previous decades.

Think theres a sense of entitlement from the players and fans now though. European cup finalists, knocking on the door of trophies, finishing near the top every season.. every win used to feel like an achievement, and now it feels like an expected minimum. Winning games now doesn't give the high it used to because we all think we're better than we really are. Momentum seems unachievable with this mind set. It's like we need to realise we're a bit shit, and finishing top 4 is a huge achievement rather than a minimum requirement. Some players may think they're too good for where we are, but not many of them will be correct.. I'm looking at Aurier, Rose, Eriksen, Dele, Ndombele, Celso, Lloris.. if they think they're good enough to play in top 10 european sides they ought to be performing in ways which would warrant anything remotely close to that.

We will see lower league underdogs this weekend in the fa cup putting in much bigger performances than we managed today. Teams rock bottom play better than we did today because they have fight and desire to achieve more. When we score, take leads, have the game running for us we can play fantastic football, and for me Dele is the perfect example of this. When things aren't clicking, it's time to blame others and point fingers as though living off previous moments and achievements is enough. Well it fucking isn't. You need to dig deep in every minute of every game, and never feel you're too good for the position you're in.

I look at other 'inferior' teams with our arrogant mindset, but ultimately we could put a side together from relegation fodder for far better performances than we got today... Traore, Cantwell, Pukki, Aarons, Zaha, Ake, Lewis Cook, Harry Wilson, Grealish, Tarkowski, Mooy for example.

I would be tempted to do what we can in the January window as it can't get much worse.. cashing in on the likes of Foyth, Aurier, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Lamela, Lloris, Kwp should offers come in even remotely close to what their supposed market values are. Then bring in players that want to push for improvement rather than attempting to ride the Tottenham wave of reasonably high profile success.

Poch knew these gutless fools weren't good enough. Got fired for wanting better for Spurs. Levy took the cheaper option and bribed a new Hollywood manager to be his new yes man for 15 million quid. Levy was and will forever be the problem with our lack of on-field success. We just gotta accept that this club won't progress and fight for titles unless new owners come in. Whoever says any different is fucking deluded.

When I say how does he want us to play, I'm not referring to formation but I mean I've no idea if we are a possession bassed side, a side that plays out from the back and side that is a counter-attacking team.

We have no energy, why?

We look shit scared and low on confidence, why?

We can't press as a unit, why?

These are all very, very basic things and we aren't improving, we are getting worse!!!

He wants Vertonghen to sign a new deal, he's on record only last week saying this is what he wants. He wants Eriksen to stay (as did Poch) and looks like this isn't going to happen (just like under Poch). Only Jose is now playing him despite this!.

Sanchez is our BEST CB, better than Vertonghen & Toby (who I adore and think has been better than Toby, who I've also adored). It's Sanchez that is having to cover the mistake of these two now when they get drawn out of the line or get beaten for pace, it's him there trying to make the block. He's also better than both in the air. (he needs to work on his passing but hey, he's young and has two old blokes next to him he can't do it all).

We need to give Sess time. Today he looked like what he is, a young lad trying his best.

There’s players that need bringing down a peg or two, but he’s certainly not one of them. He needs nothing but support.

Back
Top Bottom