Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Not sure why this forum is so anti-Deli. He seems to be the only one most of the time providing any spark to the team. Sure a lot of his passes or touches don’t come off but at least he’s trying instead of the standard sideways or backwards pass that so many in our team do consistently. He essentially provided the assist for Kane today, was close to getting two himself and was close to providing two or three assists as well.

I think the weak link against Norwich was Sess. Saw very little ambition from him to get past his man and his crosses were almost non-existent. One for the future. Would like to see Lo Celso switch sides and get Moura in on the right or maybe the opposite as Lo Celso would be the better defender so preferable on the right with Aurier.

Would like to see quicker transitions down the wings and some crosses and passes from the wings into the box with the occasional quick long ball from Alderweireld, it really has been effective. This will allow for two most effective players (Eriksen and Ndombele) to move down the centre as their team will be focusing on the wings.

Southampton are doing ok right now but they’re definitely beatable. We have a habit this season of making mediocre teams look good. Gotta cut that out soon.

COYS!!

Had a family lunch today (I was thinking of scooting off and watching the game on my tablet, thank fuck I didn't), so I've just seen it.

Words fail me, it was utter dogshit from start to finish (or at least after Tanguy went off). Way worse than anything under Pochettino. Holy shit, Southampton havent kept a clean sheet in just under a year. No midfield to speak of, an invisible line of three in front of them. Apalling from 2 (can't blame Gazza) -11 - well Sissoko gets a slight pass for his first half, Lo Celso a little too (very little admittedly, but at least he moved the ball forward and won us god knows how many free kicks, all of which we wasted), but that said, fuck we were woeful everywhere.

Watched the first hour with my wife, the typical partner who doesn't like football that much but will watch a game now and then and cheer us on. I guess like your partners, they can often be pretty perceptive, with their less partisan viewpoint. Very early on she was noting that we looked asleep, that we were incapable of pressing, of keeping possession, of doing anything vaguely threatening. The only player she thought was any good was Sissoko.

I know that's nothing amazing, that you were all thinking that watching the game live, but if a non-involved, non-football fan can see how piss-weak we are, it's a sign how bad things are.

Like I say, sub-Pochettino. Why did it take until the 70th minute and Harry's injury (added to Ndombele's, more cosmic news) to make a change when even my wife could see we had no midfield to speak of? What happened to our third sub? Did José think that Eriksen, Moura or Dele (who were all equally dreadful) were suddenly going to get divine inspiration and play decent football? How is it that our bench offered no third substitute who could change the game?

I really feel for our fans who made that trip and sang their hearts out for 90 minutes. Tottenham didn't deserve you today.

Anyone who thinks it's acceptable if we don't strengthen this window is deluded.

Blame the owners and the chairman for this collapse of form, this team has needed refreshing for years now, Poch never got the backing and Mourinho won't either.

Levys interview a few weeks back spelled things out pretty clearly for anybody who was willing to read it for what it was.

"If we were guaranteed top four every season it would be boring"

"Teams should stop obsessing about spending money"

It's looking more and more like our austerity transfer policy is catching up with us.

This is the level we deserve and will continue to be at under this ownership, they are taking the piss out of the supporters of this club imo.

Officials today Mike Dean who has form with Spurs, Anthony Taylor who gave 3 penalties in 3 games against Spurs, and keith STroud probably the worst ref in the Championship as 4th offical who got José into trouble today.

The whole thing is rigged against Tottenham regardless of how well or badly they play.
Give it a rest mate.

We are shit.

Officials have nothing to do with any today. Struggling to think of anything they got wrong.

Back
Top Bottom