Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele and Lamela yes. Dele's scored some very important goals in the last few weeks. Whats Gio been doing to take his place?

Gio’s actually been playing well with a the small amount of minutes he has had. Not sure what you expect him to do if he isn’t playing?

I would rather persist with Gio than Lamela at this point as he is probably fitter and sharper after lamela being out.

Alli has shown that he is a clever finisher and dangerous around the box. Unfortunately he is not suited to the creative eriksen role and is unable to pick out passes.

Ndombele's desire and vision to drive forward is needed but we desperately need someone who can break up play and help out the defence.

I would expect kane and Alli to rotate in striker position, with ndombele and eriksen picking out their runs.

Gaz
Aurier - sanchez - Toby - jan
Dier - Ndombele - Sissoko
Eriksen
Kane - Alli

I hope to see this:

Gazz
Foyth Sanchez Toby Sess
Sissoko Ndombele
Lucas Dele Gio
Kane

Think this gives us our most balanced attack and defense in our best formation given what we have. Our defense has been pretty poor. Sess can attack left instead of Aurier right, give Lucas more space outside, give Foyth a more defensive role, and let Gio get inside the box.

Bench of Vorm, Verts, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela and Parrot seems like it would offer a good balance of options.

Alli has shown that he is a clever finisher and dangerous around the box. Unfortunately he is not suited to the creative eriksen role and is unable to pick out passes.

Ndombele's desire and vision to drive forward is needed but we desperately need someone who can break up play and help out the defence.

I would expect kane and Alli to rotate in striker position, with ndombele and eriksen picking out their runs.

Gaz
Aurier - sanchez - Toby - jan
Dier - Ndombele - Sissoko
Eriksen
Kane - Alli

You do realise that once you shift Dier into the natural central berth for a DM that you've just picked the dreaded diamond, don't you?

:lamelashock::nawty::dempsey:

#GhostOfPoch

Foyth the guy who gave out 2 penalties in 1 game and does at least 1 catastophic mistake every match Yup that foyth. We really need him in CB, RB and DM. Just put him in anywhere..Some people's obsession to shoehorn this guy into the team is baffling. Someone actually blamed Ndombele for not covering Foyths fuckup against norwich. Its fucking mental.
Agreed, foyth has had a lot of chances and seems to manage a fuck up per match regardless of the opposition.

New years is only just over 5 hours away here in Sydney.

Lets start the new decade with a win please. Pretty, ugly I care not.

Enjoy the new years celebrations, stay safe, and see you all next year !!!

:mourthumb:

Gazza II
Aurier / Toby / Dav / Jan(*)
GLC(**) / Dier / Ndombele(**)
Lucas(***) / Kane / Sessengon(***)​

(*Should been rested last game but Jose fucked that up)

(**Creativity and goal potential from deep)

(***Pace needed for breaks)

Foyth the guy who gave out 2 penalties in 1 game and does at least 1 catastophic mistake every match Yup that foyth. We really need him in CB, RB and DM. Just put him in anywhere..Some people's obsession to shoehorn this guy into the team is baffling. Someone actually blamed Ndombele for not covering Foyths fuckup against norwich. Its fucking mental.
There would be no way to cover that because the decision by Foyth could never be predicted.
As the last defender he decided to take on the Norwich player pressing him by turning infield, onto his wrong foot.
It was an absolutely mental thing to do, I don't see how his team mates could have seen it coming.

More wins = better.
6th > 14th = better.

:harrysmile:
While I agree 100% with you, the margins have been very fine under Mourinho. We could very easily have lost 5 more points in the Wolves, Bournemouth and Norwich games.

There has been improvement, but lets be honest, it's not been sensational and it hasn't been good on the eye either.

While I agree 100% with you, the margins have been very fine under Mourinho. We could very easily have lost 5 more points in the Wolves, Bournemouth and Norwich games.

There has been improvement, but lets be honest, it's not been sensational and it hasn't been good on the eye either.
And if my aunt had balls she could be my uncle ...... :levyeyes:
we can only judge him on the results, not what might have been ......

And if my aunt had balls she could be my uncle ...... :levyeyes:
we can only judge him on the results, not what might have been ......
True, I'm just saying at best Mourinho has made us 10% better. He keeps saying "we make the same defensive mistakes" yet he's the one who has tripled the wages of one of them.

Mind you, their will be wankers on telling me the results aren't important as long as our xG bullshit has improved.

True, I'm just saying at best Mourinho has made us 10% better. He keeps saying "we make the same defensive mistakes" yet he's the one who has tripled the wages of one of them.

Mind you, their will be wankers on telling me the results aren't important as long as our xG bullshit has improved.
Yeah it’s early days for sure , I think he thought he could turn Dier into a decent DM again and a lot of our problems would be solved defensively, be interesting to see if we do any business in January as even a blind man can see we need to strengthen our squad

I don't believe "sensational" or pretty is part of the immediate remit.

I've no doubt the remit is distinctly along the lines of 'rescue our season please, Jose'.

Back
Top Bottom