FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't help but feel we missed a huge opportunity to get Skipp, KWP and Tanganga a start, and see if they would be able to help us with our xfer window needs.

And Parrott. Son was shocking.

Agreed. Big missed opportunity.

All today confirmed is that our strongest available 11 just about matched a mid-table Championship side.

I’m starting to think our attack (Dele, Son, Moura) might be just as big of a problem as the midfield and defence.

the amount of poor touches, misplaced passes, lack of creative movement and cohesion must be frustrating for the players behind them.

I still think if we sort our MF out it'll change the dynamic at both ends of the pitch (i.e. Defensive shieding AND transition to attack aiding creativity in the final third).

Well got the result most of us expected, having seen the crap performances put in recently by the current bunch of lethargic starters.

Can't help but feel we missed a huge opportunity to get Skipp, KWP and Tanganga a start, and see if they would be able to help us with our xfer window needs.

I'm disappointed in Mou right now and feel like we are headed for more bad times if he doesn't do something to actually innovate our way out of this fucking mess. God knows Levy ain't gonna chip in what's required this winter ("ENIC won't bank record profits yet again- WAHHH!"). It's embarrassing that our starters couldn't win this outright, and even more embarrassing that we all knew this would happen and yet Mou went ahead and played the same players anyways.

If he'd given starts to younger players and we had the same result, you'd bash him for not trying to win the domestic cups just like Poch was for years - so to that end you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Any 11 Spurs could field should beat any 11 Boro can field, full stop. The failure is in the effort and result, team selection is neither here nor there.

I think we can assume (well at least, I can) that the boffins can do their measurements correctly and draw those VAR reference lines perpendicular to the touchline. This takes out angles and the sideways perspective. If they can't then there's no hope for VAR.

The arms/shoulder debate is a separate one where the body parts (and which one is chosen) are referenced against the perpendicular lines.

Like I say there's plenty of question marks hanging over it atm.

Yet the guy you refuse to see any fault in ACTUALLY lost against Colchester having spent £140m to top up a team of CL finalists....

(See; anyone can play your blinkered game....)

Well that's just you making shit up. I haven't claimed Poch was faultless, but yes, I think he's a better manager than Mourinho.

Poch made it very clear that his priorities were the bigger tournaments, so there would always be a chance of an early exit. I'm sure you'll beat him for that because he never won a big competition

Yes I'm biased. Unfortunately nothing Mourinho has done has changed my mind. Do you think Mourinho will succeed here?

I don't know; I'm not required to know either.... I'm a supporter not a director of football.

I'm sure there'll be things I question along the way, same as under Poch tho'.

I think he's [poch] a better manager than Mourinho.

giphy.gif

Well that's just you making shit up.

No it isn't.

We lost to Colchester.
We brought the players in question in.
Our squad got to the CL final (whilst a lot of the time we had key players missing).

I haven't claimed Poch was faultless

Not in so many words; but you ARE showing a distinct refusal to acknowledge any faults in his actions tho'.

Yes I'm biased

Well there you go then..... :paulinhobored:

I don't know; I'm not required to know either.... I'm a supporter not a director of football.

I'm sure there'll be things I question along the way, same as under Poch tho'.

I'm sure you have watched a little football over time, so I'm pretty confident you had some knowledge about Mourinho before he joined us.

At least that's why I had a bad feeling before he came. Until we start playing half decent, I won't back him for the long haul (rebuild)

Back
Top Bottom