FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure you have watched a little football over time, so I'm pretty confident you had some knowledge about Mourinho before he joined us.

At least that's why I had a bad feeling before he came. Until we start playing half decent, I won't back him for the long haul (rebuild)

I make no secret about the fact I didn't want the bloke before Poch had even been sacked; citing his personality and his preferred style of football...

Despite that, his credentials mean I feel it only right to keep an open mind about what he can achieve for us.

Look..... I was #PochIn. Doesn't mean I can't reflect objectively upon his failings. You not being able to do similar, won't make Jose a better manager nor make him magically disappear form our dugout.

I make no secret about the fact I didn't want the bloke before Poch had even been sacked; citing his personality and his preferred style of football...

Despite that, his credentials mean I feel it only right to keep an open mind about what he can achieve for us.

Look..... I was #PochIn. Doesn't mean I can't reflect objectively upon his failings. You not being able to do similar, won't make Jose a better manager nor make him magically disappear form our dugout.

Loving you today. Just wanna put that out there. Eloquent and raised some good points.

No it isn't.

We lost to Colchester.
We brought the players in question in.
Our squad got to the CL final (whilst a lot of the time we had key players missing).

Not in so many words; but you ARE showing a distinct refusal to acknowledge any faults in his actions tho'.

Well there you go then..... :paulinhobored:

Yeah you're making shit up. I've never said Poch was faultless. I love the man and I think he's a better manager than Mourinho. I didn't agree on his decision to go away from a high pressure game. It that was his decision or a lack of backing regarding transfers I don't know.

I don't see why it's a problem I'm biased. It's based on observations I've made over time. I might be wrong but it's just my opinion

Yeah you're making shit up.

No.... I'm NOT.

I've never said Poch was faultless.

I repeat "Not in so many words; but you ARE showing a distinct refusal to acknowledge any faults in his actions."

I love the man and I think he's a better manager than Mourinho. I didn't agree on his decision to go away from a high pressure game. It that was his decision or a lack of backing regarding transfers I don't know.

Most of what I've cited doesn't revolve around buying more players. I've written 100's (if not 1000's) of words on the matter at this point.

I thoroughly respect the fact that English is not your mother tongue, but the specifics of a lot of my words appear wasted on you.

Moving on.

Well that's just where I'm very unhappy that we decided we wanted to move forward with Mourinho. If we are in a situation where we need a serious overhall, that might mean playing some youth while clearing out and building up. There's nothing I've seen over time, that tells me, Mourinho is the type of guy who builds from the bottom. So if he brings in some "out of date" players, it might just leave a mess for the next guy up. Not saying that OGS is the right fir for United, but I like what he's doing. He's only just cleared the mess made from the last 3 guys or so, and he's kept the vision even though he's under a lot of pressure

No.... I'm NOT.

I repeat "Not in so many words; but you ARE showing a distinct refusal to acknowledge any faults in his actions."

Most of what I've cited doesn't revolve around buying more players. I've written 100's (if not 1000's) of words on the matter at this point.

I thoroughly respect the fact that English is not your mother tongue, but the specifics of a lot of my words appear wasted on you.

Moving on.

Yeah you might be wasting your breath on me, but it's not deliberate on my behalf. I don't mind you questioning everything, but I'm clearly not able to answer to your satisfaction.

Yeah you might be wasting your breath on me, but it's not deliberate on my behalf. I don't mind you questioning everything, but I'm clearly not able to answer to your satisfaction.

Nor should you; posting on a public forum means your comments are open to scrutiny.

By the same token, should I "mind" you calling me a liar on multiple occasions?

Like I say; let's move on.....

Well done, getting rid of the horrible avatars, with a nifty PE number, unignored...

Search my post for the word "pointless" (that you've cited as a direct quote TWICE now).

It's not there.... You're misrepresenting what I've said.

"...Cos passing alone doesn't amount to much; neither does possession without meaningful penetration.

Add to that the caliber of opposition and I think it's obvious where opinions of "wank" come from."

(Possession at the very least means the oppo can't attack, so by definition can't be "pointless"....)

Right, in the same way that you replied to my post in which I didn’t say either of the following:

...Cos passing alone doesn't amount to much; neither does possession without meaningful penetration.

Add to that the caliber of opposition and I think it's obvious where opinions of "wank" come from.

You inferred something from my post that wasn’t explicitly said, and I did likewise.

My point is that possession won’t always convert to penetration, but that isn’t always the fault of the possession itself, sometimes it’s because of what happens at the key end stage - as was often the case today - and I’d still rather see us generally dominate and control the possession than not, even from a defensive perspective, because we have proven to be a fragile team, defensively, and keeping the ball away from the opposition would seem to be our best defensive mechanism right now. Even if we aren’t the most incisive.

Back
Top Bottom