January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know.

I find it ironic that levy has a reputation for being hard to deal with in the business world.
But players /agents are fucking him over and holding him to ransom now.

Times have def. shifted in recent seasons.... Player power at an all time high, so they say.

At least having been a tight cunt (tm) for all these years Vic, GKN, Jansen, Toby, Rose or whoever aren't/weren't on mega inflated wages. :levywhoa:

I think Dele being labelled as OK at CM is generous, he really is poor when he’s pushed back there.

The fact that we don’t have a viable defensive option in midfield on that list is infuriating.
I wouldn't say he is poor when he is back there, he's just really not at his best there. I completely agree it's far from ideal to have him there.

Our central/defensive midfield options...

Winks = OK
Wanyama = No longer viable
Dier = Not fit
Sissoko = Hurt
Lo Celso = OK
Alli = OK, although he's much better further forward
Eriksen = OK, again better further forward
Ndombele = Hurt

We are woefully thin. Buying a striker and DM is almost a necessity now. RB may have to wait.
Dele is emergency CM at best.

I agree, we urgently need a new defensive and/or deep lying CM, unless Skipp can somehow undergo the quickest development known to man.

Dele is emergency CM at best.

I agree, we urgently need a new defensive and/or deep lying CM, unless Skipp can somehow undergo the quickest development known to man.
With regards to Skipp, it depends what we want the rest of this season to be. With our injuries, top 4 is looking increasingly unlikely. Are we willing to use the rest of the season as an opportunity to give youngsters playing time to see what they have at this level? We could work in Skipp, Foyth, Sessegnon (at LB), etc. more regularly to get them minutes.

With regards to Skipp, it depends what we want the rest of this season to be. With our injuries, top 4 is looking increasingly unlikely. Are we willing to use the rest of the season as an opportunity to give youngsters playing time to see what they have at this level? We could work in Skipp, Foyth, Sessegnon (at LB), etc. more regularly to get them minutes.

Given the season is a write off of 2003/04 levels I am tempted to ask ENIC if they can reduce my season ticket price in line with expectations :)

Where is the THST when you need them ? It’s time they told the club we are all getting jolly cross at their behaviour.

Honestly don’t think we can play Dele anywhere other than CAM or as a Striker. When given the right role he is unplayable, but he isn’t a creator and shouldn’t be anywhere near the build up.

If Mourinho switches to a 433 as would be expected longer term I think we need a DM and Dele will end up as backup to Kane so why not start now?

I don’t like him on the wing either but that’s my personal view I know some might.

Whilst Kane is out I’d go:

..................New DM
........Ndombele Lo Celso
Lucas...................................Son
......................Dele

As we are now desperate, I wouldn’t mind going for Højbjerg from Southampton. Not a world beater but lots of PL experience and think he would do a job sat in front of the defence for us. Running out of realistic options but we’ve got to start making moves now

Aturo Vidal, Nemanja Matic, Blaise Matuidi.. 3 centre mids all available and all improve us. Go and get one of them, please!
Its posts like this that make me doubt whether i am still a football fan in the true sense of the word.
I have never heard of any of them.

Spurs forever.But don't have the all round knowledge i once did.

Honestly don’t think we can play Dele anywhere other than CAM or as a Striker. When given the right role he is unplayable, but he isn’t a creator and shouldn’t be anywhere near the build up.

If Mourinho switches to a 433 as would be expected longer term I think we need a DM and Dele will end up as backup to Kane so why not start now?

I don’t like him on the wing either but that’s my personal view I know some might.

Whilst Kane is out I’d go:

..................New DM
........Ndombele Lo Celso
Lucas...................................Son
......................Dele
I'd do the same, and Lamela over Moura for some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom