Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it just me of does anyone else have the feeling of this being another nkoudou or njie.
Benhicz clearly thought he was a bit special, but a year later at only 21 are just trying to get rid of him....
Typical levy bullshit, we all know that the real Fernandes is about to sign for man utd....

Is it just me of does anyone else have the feeling of this being another nkoudou or njie.
Benhicz clearly thought he was a bit special, but a year later at only 21 are just trying to get rid of him....
Typical levy bullshit, we all know that the real Fernandes is about to sign for man utd....

Gedson comes with some clout. Njie and GKN were no names that most people are like "who?"

I really don’t get this signing, he doesn’t seem to have torn up in Portugal - he’s only 21 so it’s obviously one for the future but at the moment if we’re going to spend £40m of our limited budget it needs to be on our obvious glaring holes in the squad. Looking at our squad Jose obviously wants a proper DM, Fernandes is not this as he prefers to plays an 8. So now we’ve got Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Fernandes and even Lo Celso (although he’s probably more fighting Dele for the number 10 spot) for that role yet only Dier for the DM position (Wanyama as well of course but he is clearly done here). Then we’ve got our shambles of a right back position and nobody to play up front for the rest of the season.

I obviously hope he does well and I’m not saying he won’t but it is a bizarre transfer considering our situation, I fear that it has a lot to do with him and Jose sharing an agent.

Because Man Utd never spunk 65m on a player who turns out to be all hype? ..... oh wait a minute

Bruno is an attacking midfield player who's got a very decent record at Sporting much less so playing for Portugal. His biggest weakness is he tackles about as often as Ozil, in fact I don't think he can can defend for shit because at Sporting he never has to. As a luxury attacking midfield player he's excellent but how many of them hold there own in the EPL? Look how Eriksen has disappointed since he stopped putting himself on the line, and he's ten times the defensive player Bruno is. Not convinced Bruno wouldn't be the next Schneiderlin, Zaha, Sanchez or Di Maria .... Utd have a history of wrecking good players.

65m is I suppose a decent price but not at all sure he's EPL material, and it's odd how only Utd out of all the silly money clubs would appear to be that interested ... a top class 25 year old creative midfield player why isn't their a queue of clubs in for him?

Would rather have four Gedson's on loan than one Bruno ... personally I'm not convinced ... of course if DL opens the cheque book and Mourinho wants him ... then I'll love him to bits.

Mourinho once said about Bruno “He strikes the ball well, heads well, cool when he is one-on-one with the goalkeeper. He finds space in the penalty area" don't we already have Son, Lucas, Lamela and Dele to do that?

Gedson may be far less experienced but he can play central midfield, presses well and is an excellent tackler ... plus he's only 4.5m up front. He's not Bruno yet for sure, but he may prove to be much better value.

Because Man Utd never spunk 65m on a player who turns out to be all hype? ..... oh wait a minute

Bruno is an attacking midfield player who's got a very decent record at Sporting much less so playing for Portugal. His biggest weakness is he tackles about as often as Ozil, in fact I don't think he can can defend for shit because at Sporting he never has to. As a luxury attacking midfield player he's excellent but how many of them hold there own in the EPL? Look how Eriksen has disappointed since he stopped putting himself on the line, and he's ten times the defensive player Bruno is. Not convinced Bruno wouldn't be the next Schneiderlin, Zaha, Sanchez or Di Maria .... Utd have a history of wrecking good players.

65m is I suppose a decent price but not at all sure he's EPL material, and it's odd how only Utd out of all the silly money clubs would appear to be that interested ... a top class 25 year old creative midfield player why isn't their a queue of clubs in for him?

Would rather have four Gedson's on loan than one Bruno ... personally I'm not convinced ... of course if DL opens the cheque book and Mourinho wants him ... then I'll love him to bits.

Mourinho once said about Bruno “He strikes the ball well, heads well, cool when he is one-on-one with the goalkeeper. He finds space in the penalty area" don't we already have Son, Lucas, Lamela and Dele to do that?

Gedson may be far less experienced but he can play central midfield, presses well and is an excellent tackler ... plus he's only 4.5m up front. He's not Bruno yet for sure, but he may prove to be much better value.

Spot on. We need players in positions we need

We already have alli son moura glc that can all play that role.

We need dms and cms

I also think gedson could be world class if he develops with game time

He doesnt have any weaknesess. Just needs to grow outwards

Some fans are absolute fucking morons. Guessing a lot of them rarely leave their post code yet feel they're qualified to comment on a player they have absolutely no idea about.

Let's give him a go and see how he gets on. We splurged a (then) club record on a top, top goalscorer from spain once. One everyone knew about and had a huge boner for. And he was fucking USELESS.
Name/reputation/stats mean nothing.

On another note, I believe loan-to-buy is gonna be the way from now on and I believe other clubs will adopt it. There's a handful of clubs in the world that can afford to take £50m plus punts and not be bothered if the player fails. We aren't one of them.
If enough loanees fail, then it might just burst this ludicrous transfer bubble that's been growing for 5/6 years.

I really don’t get this signing, he doesn’t seem to have torn up in Portugal - he’s only 21 so it’s obviously one for the future but at the moment if we’re going to spend £40m of our limited budget it needs to be on our obvious glaring holes in the squad. Looking at our squad Jose obviously wants a proper DM, Fernandes is not this as he prefers to plays an 8. So now we’ve got Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Fernandes and even Lo Celso (although he’s probably more fighting Dele for the number 10 spot) for that role yet only Dier for the DM position (Wanyama as well of course but he is clearly done here). Then we’ve got our shambles of a right back position and nobody to play up front for the rest of the season.

I obviously hope he does well and I’m not saying he won’t but it is a bizarre transfer considering our situation, I fear that it has a lot to do with him and Jose sharing an agent.

He's only 4.5m ... not 40m ... but you're spot on about what we need.

Some fans are absolute fucking morons. Guessing a lot of them rarely leave their post code yet feel they're qualified to comment on a player they have absolutely no idea about.

Let's give him a go and see how he gets on. We splurged a (then) club record on a top, top goalscorer from spain once. One everyone knew about and had a huge boner for. And he was fucking USELESS.
Name/reputation/stats mean nothing.

On another note, I believe loan-to-buy is gonna be the way from now on and I believe other clubs will adopt it. There's a handful of clubs in the world that can afford to take £50m plus punts and not be bothered if the player fails. We aren't one of them.
If enough loanees fail, then it might just burst this ludicrous transfer bubble that's been growing for 5/6 years.

Tv money looks to be flat too. You cant keep.pissing 50m up the wall. And nobody outside the big guns can pay that.

Im.comfortable that we move from spending 15-20m om prospects to 40-50m.

Ndombele and lo celso are still young. And were wanted by alot of big clubs.

This is the way to go

No, because Nkoudou and Njie weren't hailed as some of the best talent to come out of their clubs.

Fernandes is.

As to why they're trying to get rid of him? We are interested. We are bigger and better than Benfica. He's fallen out with the manager and doesn't suit his style of play.

Its absolutely incredible how so many people, who haven't got a clue, write off a signing before a ball is kicked.

Why on earth did Inter get rid of Coutinho!?

He's only 4.5m ... not 40m ... but you're spot on about what we need.
Was more talking about his option to buy fee, but I guess we’ll know by that point if he’s worth the cash or not, actually hasn’t considered that side of it but yeah still unsure how he fits in - didn’t even mention Oli Skipp in there too

What I like about this particular signing is that he comes with relatively little expectation. We're not expecting him to set the world alight so less pressure on player, theoretically. No massive transfer fee hanging over his head that he has to justify. Could surprise us.

Probably won't.

I'll settle for memories of 1970 and 1982.
I agree (as a born and bred Italian, with a slight preference for 1982 😉 ).

I was 3 years old in 1970, but I watched that final a couple of times later, and I find no shame in losing against such a stellar side. In a way it feels like an honour

Brazil is a gift from the football gods

Back
Top Bottom