Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
15th in the form league over 5 games. 4 points from the 5 games. Simply put, not good enough over Xmas.

Drew with Norwich. Lost to Southampton, Chelsea, Liverpool.
If we face hard facts we are not a Top 4 side this season.
22 played and 8-6-8. (Poch and Mourinho both losing 4 games each to date)

Losing to Watford based on form would not be a surprise. As Watford are Currently 1st and Southampton 2nd.
(Liverpool would be first probably, only played 4)

Upside. This season is nuts.

But January is looking more and more like our make or break month.

Well I am looking forward to tomorrow and our FA and ECL upcoming games.
If we get a win tomorrow we will be 1.73 ppg under Jose which is top 5 form.

Chelsea have been very scratchy most of the season. They’ve lost 6 and drawn 1 of their last 11 league games. They had a run of 6 straight wins back in October, early November (nearly all against bottom half teams) which got them up to 4th. If we could string a run of 5-6 consecutive wins together, we’d be bang in the mix for Top 4. That’s a big if though. There’s not many teams in the league you’d be confident of us beating at the moment.

Liverpool play Man U tomorrow. Assuming a Scouse win:

4Chelsea23939
5Man Utd231034
6Wolves23434
7Sheff Utd23333
8Tottenham23531
Chelsea are obviously the team to catch, they have pushed the door open more than once for us this season but we couldn’t walk through it.

Not long ago we played them and would have been above them had we won and since then have opened a larger gap while still dropping points of their own......I can assure you if they were chasing us they would take their chance, we just continue with the same mental block that has always haunted us.

That’s the bit that hits me the most, is seriously don’t think we could manage to beat fucking West Ham at Home on the last game of a season to win the league the mental wound is so deep....

Love him or hate him they come no bigger than Jose Mourinho, the guy is a natural born winner.

So personally as a good solid Levy supporter over the past many years (sacking Redknapp the exception) I am fully prepared to put the spotlight on him now, it’s time to change the mentality, sure no one can walk up to Serge and convince him he’s a damn good footballer, but that’s not what I mean, what I mean is we need to act like a big club to install a winning mentality, there simply has to be another Kilnsmann brought in, that established world class player....Danny Rose is a cunt, but he’s a cunt who is right all the same, this football clubs fans shouldn’t have to google every single fucking player that come in the door, how many on here googled Gedson? Fuck I had to google N’Dembele, and he was our record signing.....

Change the mentality and we get success, and right now add WC players here and there and that mentality will change. We need players the media will drool over not players the pundits have to google before MOTD etc etc.....

Not that I think we will get it, but there is still a chance, it would say an awful lot about the league though if we somehow manage to finish in the top four this season.

Too true.

I just don't think we'll pick up enough points away from home to even get near 4th. Think we'll end up seventh.

Chelsea have some really tough games coming up. We have City, Utd, Chelsea in the next couple too, though. It's not over. We need to invest in that striker. It's so important. We can still do this

Back
Top Bottom