Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Why talk of top 4, when nobody can see where the next win is supposed to come from?

Just stop it already.

As embarrasing as the players Wembley SoMe posts and Levys constant waffle of trophies

We need to go on a winning run like Southampton have. Did I really say that, well if they can do it why not us.
2 consecutive wins would be massive for our confidence right now. Sadly - I cannot see where that would come from especially with Kane missing. We’re toothless.

I think we should worry about our own form before we look at the others. If we manage to get on a run, top 4 is still a possibility, otherwise not. Right now, we don't look capable of showing much consistency.

Our next four games - Norwich, Man City, Aston Villa, Chelsea

Chelsea's next four games - Woolwich, Leicester, Man U, Spurs

8 points in it, if we can get it down to 4-5 then it's all to play for with all the top 4 challengers having erratic form. Still absolutely all to play for even after today even if it's looking far fetched.

Top four isn't done.

But its extremely difficult and I don't really trust us to get enough points (or more points) than some of the teams above us.

Need a striker atleast to come in for it to be possible.

Leicester are 14 points ahead of us (with a game in hand) and we have 15 games left. Optimistic talk of Leicester slipping up and imploding just brings back too many painful memories of four years ago.

I'm not counting on them slipping but they had a fantastic start but lately-not so good.

13Leicester6213811-37DLLWWL

If you exclude the new manager bounce of 4 wins from 5 in the first 5 games under Jose, we’ve picked up 30 points in 30 league games since the wheels came off at Burnley last February. We’ll just about get past the 45 points Leicester are currently on at that rate.

We are getting better defensively. OK, Kane's injury is a massive blow to our goal scoring prospects but I am confident that Son will get his mojo back and Dele and Lucas will get a few as well.

It’s done. It wouldn’t be if this was Spurs from 2 seasons ago, but this is a completely different Spurs side that has massively deteriorated. This is a team that struggle against bottom 4 sides like Norwich and Watford. These are teams we were smashing 4 or 5-0 only 2 seasons ago. If we can’t even beat these sort of teams, how do you expect us to pick up 3 points against better opposition on a regular basis ? We literally need to win pretty much every game now to stand any chance. Top 4 is over for us.

8 points in it, if we can get it down to 4-5 then it's all to play for with all the top 4 challengers having erratic form. Still absolutely all to play for even after today even if it's looking far fetched.
It's a fair point but we are struggling to cement an identity albeit against a backdrop of many missing players. Just don't see us turning this season around- more likely we will continue as is.

4th place will come down to who is least shit. Like it did last year.

Wouldn't count out Wolves or Shef Utd sneaking in right now.

Back
Top Bottom