Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

I guess it depends how you rate club size. Personally would say a club with 18 top class league titles and 3 European cup titles among a host of other trophies is substantially larger purely on that basis. I don’t consider the Italian league to be THAT second rate if you know what I mean, they still compete, although are in a rut.

I get that others weight revenue and league pull as bigger factors, but in a competitive sport that’s a bit of a nonsense to me.

Again I suppose it depends how far back in history you go though. League positions of 4th, 4th, 7th, 4th, 8th, 5th, 9th and 6th over the last 8 years doesn’t seem much to write home about to me.

Again I suppose it depends how far back in history you go though. League positions of 4th, 4th, 7th, 4th, 8th, 5th, 9th and 6th over the last 8 years doesn’t seem much to write home about to me.

+ We've beaten them on a number of occasions and knocked them out of both the CL & EL in that time.

"Taxi for Eriksen"

YIDS!!!

i agree - some spurs fans have got it all wrong - others dont. I understand that some are disappointed that CE wants to leave - but the hate and over the top negativity regarding his performance the last 12-18 months makes absolutely no sense. i suppose some feel distraught seeing how THFC is declining fast these passing months and use CE as a symbol of this decline and a scapegoat for the mediocre team results and performances. I am sorry to say - bus the problem with tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field. As many have stated - the absence of quality signings have killed the positive momentum of the team. The reliance on a few key player to perform at 100% to get results has a price when trying to take the next step to the very pinnacle of one of europes most competitive leagues. Kane, Delle,Son, Eriksen, Vertongen and Lloris have not been able to keep up momentum. THFC should have signesdat least a world class def midfielser, a couple of decent full backs and a reliable and competent centerforward to cover for Kane. look at the player signed since 2015 and you have the explanation to why THFC is dooing so poorly at the moment, and why great prospect as Delle Alli, and stars like Kane, Son and Eriksen have run into injury or lost form or motivation. since 2016 no player signed - in my humble opinion - has improved the team - if taht is not a major issue i dont know what is...https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/alletransfers/verein/148

Blimey mate Hans Christian Andersen has got nothing on you has he? Do all you Danes like to write fairytales? Eriksen has been very poor. It is not Spurs fans who have things wrong- it is YOU

Can you back that opinion Up with sine facts?

Try this one for starters- you said “The problem with Tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field”.
Now I am not saying our board are perfect by any means, but is it Joe Lewis filling Eriksen’s boots with custard that means he struggles to lift the ball above head height? Or perhaps it is Daniel Levy who makes him shy away from tackles on the pitch? The problem is very much on the pitch and your Messiah must take his share of the responsibility.
You just seem to admonish Christian from any type of blame and it is ridiculous

Last edited:
I wonder if the Milan fans think that their chairman should just pay the money baldy wants, and stop fucking around.

Similar in manner to what I often think when baldy is attempting to purchase a player.

Funny old game

i agree - some spurs fans have got it all wrong - others dont. I understand that some are disappointed that CE wants to leave - but the hate and over the top negativity regarding his performance the last 12-18 months makes absolutely no sense. i suppose some feel distraught seeing how THFC is declining fast these passing months and use CE as a symbol of this decline and a scapegoat for the mediocre team results and performances. I am sorry to say - bus the problem with tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field. As many have stated - the absence of quality signings have killed the positive momentum of the team. The reliance on a few key player to perform at 100% to get results has a price when trying to take the next step to the very pinnacle of one of europes most competitive leagues. Kane, Delle,Son, Eriksen, Vertongen and Lloris have not been able to keep up momentum. THFC should have signesdat least a world class def midfielser, a couple of decent full backs and a reliable and competent centerforward to cover for Kane. look at the player signed since 2015 and you have the explanation to why THFC is dooing so poorly at the moment, and why great prospect as Delle Alli, and stars like Kane, Son and Eriksen have run into injury or lost form or motivation. since 2016 no player signed - in my humble opinion - has improved the team - if taht is not a major issue i dont know what is...https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/alletransfers/verein/148

Just to put an independent objective assessment on things, UEFA's 5 year Club Coefficient for 2019/20 has :
Spurs in 12th position
Inter in 54th position.

And for reference the highest Italian club as Juve in 5th position

Hope that helps you understand how UEFA view Inter and Spurs these days.

Eriksen is not going to a bigger club now that Madrid seems to have declined his services.

[QUOTE = "doktordanny1, post: 2177670, membro: 14319"]
sono d'accordo con alcuni di ciò che stai scrivendo, tuttavia non credo che nessuno al di fuori del Regno Unito sarebbe d'accordo sul fatto che il THFC sia un club più grande dell'Inter. Il tuo commento sull'attitudine e le prestazioni dei CE è vero nel senso che questo è esattamente ciò di cui i fan del THFC non sono soddisfatti - non sono sicuro che abbiano ragione. Penso che CE stia facendo del suo meglio per influenzare i giochi in una squadra in cui tutti sono sottoperformati (CE incluso) e in cui lo stile di gioco è stato modificato in modo significativo da uno stile altamente pressante basato sul possesso a uno stile britannico più tradizionale con palle lunghe focalizzate, vincere le seconde palle con un sacco di affrontare e segnare sul contropiede. CE ha giocato un ruolo più difensivo negli ultimi giochi a causa di questo cambiamento tattico - un ruolo che non gli si adatta molto bene. Sono d'accordo che non si adatta all'attuale squadra con l'attuale manager - ma vorrei che il THFC e il CE dicessero che la sua partenza era stata accolta con un po 'di comprensione e rispetto dai fedeli del Tottenham - ha dato a THFC molti dei suoi migliori anni da giocatore ed è stato senza dubbio il miglior centrocampista in THFC da quando è stato modico - questo, credo, richiede rispetto. e NON gli è stato dato alcun rispetto da una parte significativa dei fan di THFC da un po 'di tempo - e questo è, secondo me, al di sotto dei normali standard dei fan di THFC e THFC.
[/CITAZIONE]

Tottenam:

INTER MILAN:

prima di confrontarti con l'Inter devi ancora fare molta strada

Fidati di mourinho
go Tottenham
Understood

Back
Top Bottom