Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting debate on whether or not he is a club legend. Thoughts?
People use the term very lightly, when I think about a Spurs legend, I think about Glenn Hoddle, Ledley King and Bill Nicholson etc., Kane will be a Spurs legend, but Eriksen was at Spurs for 6 years and sadly won fuck all.

Not so long ago I read in an article 'Woolwich legend Aaron Ramsey..' :mourfacepalm:

The only players that are ' legends' are those brought the club trophies. The sides of the sixties, early seventies and early eighties only qualify.

All this 6 years of ' service' gets on my nerves as well, anyone would think he was on minimum wage all his time here.

Eriksen was a good player but never turned up when it mattered, even VAR got him off the hook when he lazily gave the ball away in the quarter final against City last season.

The only players that are ' legends' are those brought the club trophies. The sides of the sixties, early seventies and early eighties only qualify.

All this 6 years of ' service' gets on my nerves as well, anyone would think he was on minimum wage all his time here.

Eriksen was a good player but never turned up when it mattered, even VAR got him off the hook when he lazily gave the ball away in the quarter final against City last season.
I would add Gazza in the late 80s almost single handed dragging a very average spurs side to a cup final. Ginola almost single handed dragging a poor spurs side to a cup final in the late 90s. If I am being generous I would add Waddle dragging a Spurs team bottom of the league in November to final position of 6th. Also would have to mention Bale's ridiculous last season.

All of those performances were far more superior than Eriksen. Eriksen isn't even in the top 2 performers of the last 4 years. In watching 33 years of Tottenham sides, he would only probably have been the best player in the short era where Simon Davies was the best attacking player but even then he would to contend with the emergence of ledley.

That said, a year ago I would have been gutted to have seen him go but now it's just relief he is not stinking the place out anymore.

Back
Top Bottom