Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting debate on whether or not he is a club legend. Thoughts?

Legend is a much overused and cliche'd term, but he's undoubtedly been one of the best, most influential and productive players we've had in the 50 years I've been watching us.

Apart from the pure productivity, he's brought a consistent level of performance and some much needed IQ and composure to a team that lacked it. To turn in those numbers, and still average 50 or so passes a game (comparable with an midfielder we've had past or present) is an outstanding contribution to us as a team, and there is no doubt whatsoever we would not have been the team we have been without that contribution.

I don't by the bullshit notion that you have to win trophies to be a legend or "great", we would not have been in the CL the last few years without his goals/assists - and having an alternative player wouldn't have been simple because for the last 5 years, as those records show, he's been one of the very best at what he's done for his position.

And for all the bullshit levelled at him the last few months, he still turned in his most productive season in a spurs shirt last season, again, without which we would ne have finished in the CL or made the CL final (2 goals, 4 assists last season alone), or even got out of the fucking group.

And as for the bullshit about him not turning up in big games, Apart from Kane, there isn't a player who turned up more in big games than Eriksen, creating, scoring and/or assisting against most of the big rivals - City, ManU, Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juve, Dortmund, Inter - various CL and EL games - away and at home.

Been an absolutely pivotal part of what we have achieved in the last 5/6 years, shame some are either too stupid to appreciate that or can't be honest enough to accept it.

Legend is a much overused and cliche'd term, but he's undoubtedly been one of the best, most influential and productive players we've had in the 50 years I've been watching us.

Apart from the pure productivity, he's brought a consistent level of performance and some much needed IQ and composure to a team that lacked it. To turn in those numbers, and still average 50 or so passes a game (comparable with an midfielder we've had past or present) is an outstanding contribution to us as a team, and there is no doubt whatsoever we would not have been the team we have been without that contribution.

I don't by the bullshit notion that you have to win trophies to be a legend or "great", we would not have been in the CL the last few years without his goals/assists - and having an alternative player wouldn't have been simple because for the last 5 years, as those records show, he's been one of the very best at what he's done for his position.

And for all the bullshit levelled at him the last few months, he still turned in his most productive season in a spurs shirt last season, again, without which we would ne have finished in the CL or made the CL final (2 goals, 4 assists last season alone), or even got out of the fucking group.

And as for the bullshit about him not turning up in big games, Apart from Kane, there isn't a player who turned up more in big games than Eriksen, creating, scoring and/or assisting against most of the big rivals - City, ManU, Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juve, Dortmund, Inter - various CL and EL games - away and at home.

Been an absolutely pivotal part of what we have achieved in the last 5/6 years, shame some are either too stupid to appreciate that or can't be honest enough to accept it.

Meh.

The past 12 months? He's been shit though, his performance against Liverpool in particular was a disgrace.

I'm glad he's gone.

Okay, I'm going to be a bit of an ass and micro-analyze why it's just not sitting well with me. He did what was needed and the absolute bare minimum at that.

"I don't know where to start!"

Bullshit. That's something that someone says when they're talking and were surprised by the levity of the situation or have so many competing thoughts that they are unsure of where to start. In an instagram post, that's just meaningless filler to create some ridiculous sense of him needing to pause for reflection.

"I didnt have time to say goodbye to everyone, even though i felt like i played a lot of games where everyone said and thought i would be gone the next day."

Feels oddly like a back-handed comment. He doesn't need to say the last bit. He could have left it at the point where he said he didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone. There's no reason to say the remainder of that line. This is really bothering me for some reason and I'm not sure why.

Maybe it makes it seem like he was forced to wait until the move? Or could it be that he is implying that everyone was clambering for him to leave but he was the good one and kept giving it all for the team?

"I have so many unbeliveable memories..."

Fine, it's just boilerplate filler.

"I enjoyed being at the training ground every day and playing games in the stadium so much,"

Great, glad to hear it, but isn't this a note to the fans? You liked the training ground and the stadium? Save that for Daniel Levy or the grounds crew.

"but sometimes you just want to try something new!"

You already said this...months ago while you were still a player and had some time left on your contract...we get it.

"So, Spurs fans it has been a pleasure to play at your club"

This just completely distances himself from the club and the fans. It was a pleasure to "play at your club". It's like there is no attachment or connection at all, or that he was any real part of it aside from just being there to play at our place for a little while.

"hopefully we meet again in the future!"

:dembelefingers:

Honestly, I was really over my frustration with him and moving on, but first his lack of any acknowledgement at first was poor, and now this pissed me off.

If he has a PR team, they suck. He wrote a letter to the fans and made no discernible recognition of the support he had received or showed any connection to the fans and club.

How about thanking them for all the support over the 6.5 years?
How about them singing his name millions of times during that period?
How about all the supporters who travelled thousands of miles to support him everywhere he went to play?
How about all of the people who bought his shirts and made him a household name?

None of that, no, he really enjoyed the training ground and the stadium.

Sorry, he's a cunt.

It's taken you two days and you still couldn't find any stats to back up your opinion. I feel like you're just not trying as hard as you used to Danny. Must be a Danish thing. Anyway not sure you noticed but your hero has gone to Inter and I would imagine you're keen to follow him. I can't say I blame you, after all without CE all you would have to talk about is Nicklas Bendtner's Paddy Power pants. Well this is now an ex-player thread, I imagine I'm talking to an ex-fan account and to be honest this conversation has become as dull and disappointing as listening to corner after corner thud into the first defender. So I think I'll just pop you on ignore and let you get back to learning Italian. Arrivederci Danny. Divertiti e vaffanculo.
You cannot be a THFC supporter the way you shit on the legacy of a club Legend as Christian Eriksen. You are pathetic...

Okay, I'm going to be a bit of an ass and micro-analyze why it's just not sitting well with me. He did what was needed and the absolute bare minimum at that.

Bullshit. That's something that someone says when they're talking and were surprised by the levity of the situation or have so many competing thoughts that they are unsure of where to start. In an instagram post, that's just meaningless filler to create some ridiculous sense of him needing to pause for reflection.

"I didnt have time to say goodbye to everyone, even though i felt like i played a lot of games where everyone said and thought i would be gone the next day."

Feels oddly like a back-handed comment. He doesn't need to say the last bit. He could have left it at the point where he said he didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone. There's no reason to say the remainder of that line. This is really bothering me for some reason and I'm not sure why.

Maybe it makes it seem like he was forced to wait until the move? Or could it be that he is implying that everyone was clambering for him to leave but he was the good one and kept giving it all for the team?

"I enjoyed being at the training ground every day and playing games in the stadium so much,"

Great, glad to hear it, but isn't this a note to the fans? You liked the training ground and the stadium? Save that for Daniel Levy or the grounds crew.

You already said this...months ago while you were still a player and had some time left on your contract...we get it.

This just completely distances himself from the club and the fans. It was a pleasure to "play at your club". It's like there is no attachment or connection at all, or that he was any real part of it aside from just being there to play at our place for a little while.

Honestly, I was really over my frustration with him and moving on, but first his lack of any acknowledgement at first was poor, and now this pissed me off.

If he has a PR team, they suck. He wrote a letter to the fans and made no discernible recognition of the support he had received or showed any connection to the fans and club.

How about all the supporters who travelled thousands of miles to support him everywhere he went to play?
How about all of the people who bought his shirts and made him a household name?

Sorry, he's a cunt.
Youre a cunt. Pathetic....

Sorry, he's a cunt.

Good post. I think the "So, Spurs fans it has been a pleasure to play at your club" was the bit that left a bad taste for me. Almost like he has NO affiliation for the club, it was only a (large) wage packet. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know that is the case for a lot of players but at least pretend you actually liked the club and liked the fans a little bit.

Well said Blakey!

In addition, he scored 13 crucial late goals or assists and scored or assisted against Borussia Dortmund, Inter, Juve (with Dembele ran the show in Turin), Real Madrid (with Dele ripped them apart) and every other club in the top 6.

I really like the look of Lo Celso so far, but for Spurs to be as good as they were he needs to replicate or get close to Eriksen's creative output. In other words, he needs to be the Premiere Leagues most creative player over the next five seasons in succession.

You cannot be a THFC supporter the way you shit on the legacy of a club Legend as Christian Eriksen. You are pathetic...
Club legend? Jimmy Greaves is a club legend. Steve Perryman is a club legend. Glenn Hoddle is a club legend. Harry Kane is on course of becoming one, but he's not there yet. Eriksen is NOWHERE NEAR a club legend status.
Youre a cunt. Pathetic....
He gave some points on why he didn't like Eriksen's farewell message. You call him out without proving any point about why he is wrong. A bit bizarre in a forum.
Here, this might be a better place for you. Forza Inter Forums

All this Eriksen talk and yet nobody has seemed to point out that he was at his best whilst Dembele was playing for us.

He's the true midfield genius, not the sneaky Dane with delusions of grandeur.

Not replaced the Moose, that's been our problem. Eriksen? Meh, give it a few weeks and we'll have forgotten how to spell his name.

:pochsmirk:

Sorry, he's a cunt.
This is only a guess..

But maybe being booed for 3 games straight left a bitter taste in his mouth.

That tends to happen, he is afterall just a Humanbeing.

All this Eriksen talk and yet nobody has seemed to point out that he was at his best whilst Dembele was playing for us.

He's the true midfield genius, not the sneaky Dane with delusions of grandeur.

Not replaced the Moose, that's been our problem. Eriksen? Meh, give it a few weeks and we'll have forgotten how to spell his name.

:pochsmirk:
Why the insistence to communicate the hate? What's the point?

But why were they booing?

Was it because he's been running off his mouth whilst playing shit for nearly 18 months now?

Or....

Because he's been running off his mouth whilst playing shit for nearly 18 months now?

:sonhmm:
I think you and I have different definitions of "running of ones mouth", also do not agree he has been shit for 18 months.

That aside, that wasn't really my point!

My point is, even if he owes us something or not, is probably tarnished by the fact that certain fans booed what was a loyal servant to the club - That would leave a sour taste in anyones mouth.

Back
Top Bottom