Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
For the record I don't think the Robertson one was as bad because he didn't go through the leg he scraped down it with a loose boot. I would have no problem with it being red carded either because it was still potentially dangerous and could have cause injury, but I've less problem with that being yellow.

I don't want decisions based on precedent, I want them based on the rules and the rules to reflect some logic.

IMO they are both red. Anything where full on boot, with force, on the tibia/fibula/ankle is a red. You risk seriously injuring someone. Doesn’t matter if you have pace or not.

look at the Son on Gomes challenge. He didn’t knock him that hard, but he endangered the player.

I llove the way the BBC just can't BEAR to give us credit...
Yes, we were lucky, but we took advantage of City's profligacy, and made our own luck.

Yes, we benefited from certain decisions, but remember City failed to take advantage of THEIR favourable decisions (like being awarded a Pen 2 days after the incident, and NOT being down to 10 men earlier, when Sterling SHOULD HAVE been sent off!)

Our 3 shots on target = 2 Goals stat is STAGGERING.... shows a clinical edge that (were it CITY or Liverpool), would be the "ruthless hallmark of CHAMPIONS!"
...and how often has that happened to US where THE OTHER team has one shot on target and scores goals?

Last edited:
The worst part is the PL have come out this time and said no red as no intent to injure the player - it is absolutely comical.
A tackle that dangerous, no matter what the intent should be dealt with immediately and severely. If a bone is broken or some other career threatening injury occurs, is the offender going to say " I'm awfully sorry old chap, it wasn't intentional "? It isn't about intent. It's about being completely reckless and if there was one referee with the balls to enforce it against ANY team, perhaps it might happen less. But in my mind, there is something corrupt going on within the PL, FA and whoever is in charge of the officials. I don't think it's particularly anti Spurs or any other tea. Its PRO certain teams. Liverpool, Citeh. Did anyone see Danny Ings NOT get a clear cut penalty decision against Liverpool on Saturday. And from that play, the scouse gits scored. Utterly shameful and totally blatant. The Saints should have been one up.

Bloody loved it yesterday. Yes we rode our luck but so many positives, aside from that cheating prick sterling ending up injured and on the losing team, namely, a great debut goal, tanganga looking better and better, winks stepping up and a real togetherness about our squad......funny that now Eriksen and Rose are gone!

A tackle that dangerous, no matter what the intent should be dealt with immediately and severely. If a bone is broken or some other career threatening injury occurs, is the offender going to say " I'm awfully sorry old chap, it wasn't intentional "? It isn't about intent. It's about being completely reckless and if there was one referee with the balls to enforce it against ANY team, perhaps it might happen less. But in my mind, there is something corrupt going on within the PL, FA and whoever is in charge of the officials. I don't think it's particularly anti Spurs or any other tea. Its PRO certain teams. Liverpool, Citeh. Did anyone see Danny Ings NOT get a clear cut penalty decision against Liverpool on Saturday. And from that play, the scouse gits scored. Utterly shameful and totally blatant. The Saints should have been one up.
Didnt Son get sent off against Everton for EXACTLY the same thing (albeit rescinded!) OBVIOUSLY there was no intent to I injure or harm the player... but at thd time, it was deemed reckless ... and, ironically probably cost us 2 points on the day, as we finished the game, (wrongly), with 10 men... and conceded in the 48 hours of injury time!

Didnt Son get sent off against Everton for EXACTLY the same thing (albeit rescinded!) OBVIOUSLY there was no intent to I injure or harm the player... but at thd time, it was deemed reckless ... and, ironically probably cost us 2 points on the day, as we finished the game, (wrongly), with 10 men... and conceded in the 48 hours of injury time!

Son's challenge was nothing like Sterling's...there shouldn't be comparisons being made. Son knocked Andre Gomes off balance, he didn't lead 12 inches off the ground, full force, with studs up. Gomes' leg didn't break until a couple steps later, when he landed wrong on his ankle after losing his balance. What Son did was more like what Zinchenko did to Winks to get his second yellow...with worse results in the case of Gomes, of course.

Olympic diving competition: Sterling first prize

foto%20giuria%20popolare%20di%20Armando%20Buzzo_MGzoom.JPG

Unbelievable that the trolls are still out having a dig ... cunts will be cunts I guess

Firstly what a great match, it's what football is all about, controversy, a bit of needle, great skill, errors, big misses, huge saves, great goal and a lucky deflection ... add to that VAR screwing up and cards being issued / not being issued and it was fan-tastic ... even 8,000 miles away you could tell the ground was rocking.

As for the football, feck City are good they have some bloody brilliant players, so to beat them you need a plan and under Jose, love him or hate him, we clearly have one ... play a solid defensive game with a screen in front of the back four and then look to counter. Today that plan worked to perfection.

As for the players a mixed bag but who cares, every player including three subs giving it everything, that's what we've been missing not the quality but the commitment ...

Has our season turned? who knows but we won't play a team as good as this again in the EPL this season so let's hope this is just the start ... feckin' luved it .... COYS
Give it a rest with the foul mouthed insult laden swear fest eh?
There are plenty of ladies on here who don't need to read that kind of crap, and it makes you look inarticulate.
You are better than that, tone it down.

Back
Top Bottom