Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did grealish do?
His side lost! If he was so fucking great surely they would have won and they wouldn’t be looking at going straight back to the championship! However Part of me would like to see how good he could be with better players around him , but then a better team wouldn’t build there team around him, he is a bit like Zaha , big fish in a small pond kind of player

EQ6NCE1WoAUMSdc
Where's Wally? He's the one in the red jacket!

Absolutely nothing..... But he's trendy don't you know......

Especially with the 'Knee jerk' brigade......
He has the socks of an '80s throwback, and the hair of a Millenial Boy band wannabe...
can't work the cunt out...

But I know that had we signed him, he'd now be more unpopular than Dele with the rest of football!!

We got 3 pts so that's the main thing.

Last minute winner aside, just worried by the amount of times Son, Moura & Dele got into the penalty and completely ran out of ideas.
I would be more worried if our front players weren’t creating any chances at all, I have faith that by the time Kane comes back into this side we will be unstoppable and end up championship of Europe

Can we just keep re-posting this once a week?

I thought he had a good game today. Sure there were a couple of hairy moments, but he was only (possibly) at fault for the first one. I thought he should have come for it, but he could see that Toby was going to make it (Toby thought he was coming and took his foot off the gas except for the last moment). Lack of command? Not really, what could have have shouted that wouldn't confuse the issue in that moment? Is there a shout for 'I'm not going for it'? "yours" seems pointless. Was just bad luck.

U have to believe that we run our luck quite a lot over last few months. Its going to come to an end sooner rather than later, the question is, when it does come to an end will we be playing better at that point in order to deal with it.

Can we just keep re-posting this once a week?

I thought he had a good game today. Sure there were a couple of hairy moments, but he was only (possibly) at fault for the first one. I thought he should have come for it, but he could see that Toby was going to make it (Toby thought he was coming and took his foot off the gas except for the last moment). Lack of command? Not really, what could have have shouted that wouldn't confuse the issue in that moment? Is there a shout for 'I'm not going for it'? "yours" seems pointless. Was just bad luck.
A good game?

He looked like a 16 year old bag of nerves playing with the big boys for the first time.

Sooner he gets replaced, the better. Gutter Nubel didn't fancy coming to us.

U have to believe that we run our luck quite a lot over last few months. Its going to come to an end sooner rather than later, the question is, when it does come to an end will we be playing better at that point in order to deal with it.
I thought the same about the Scouse wankers, it's still going.

He didn't have his best - but he's saved us far more times than he's cost us.

This topic pops up all the time that Lloris is past it and then he goes on and has a blinding run.

People on here have short memories

I agree he has been excellent for us on the whole but he has always had a mistake in him and his distribution is notoriously poor. However his reading of the game and presence as a sweeper as well as being a good shot stopper more than countered that. His reluctance to sweep and now it would appear to at least try to dominate his 6 yard box makes him more a liability now. Unpopular I know but no longer fills me or possibly his defenders with much confidence.

Lloris- time to go. Didn’t understand why everyone was so looking forward to having him back after injury. Accident prone. Doesn’t command the 6 yard box let alone the area and has stopped sweeping. Gazza looks more secure until a replacement can be found

Sanchez- solid

Aurier- gets in good positions but terrible crossing. Accident waiting to happen defensively

Davies- unlikely to ever be a world beater but solid and a trier. Grew into the game

Toby- great finish but not the player he was. Tanganga unlucky not to start

Winks- ok

Dier- horribly immobile but better than people gave him credit for today.

Dele- very wasteful and lack of pace so apparent in everything he did

Moura- tried hard but again very wasteful

Son- the enigma that is Son. Bloody awful but 2 goals scored. Superb finish at end

Bergwijn - grew into the game
Entire team 10/10
Fucking love Tottenhammmm
Fucking love Tottenham
Fucking love Tottenham

But Toby was blameless? First goal lloris could come out or he could clear it. Both seem to leave it for each other but neither really took control. Second goal Toby should jump first

First goal isn't on Toby.... Hugo came out and pulled back; Toby was left not knowing what to do until it was too late.

A keeper should OWN his 6 yd box. ....Arguably the same criticism applies for the second.

Back
Top Bottom