Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what pissed me off the most about this game. After Toby equalises he runs off the pitch and everyone gathers around him. No you twat you've sorted out your fuck up and now the match is exactly where it was at kick off so get back to centre half and give your head a wobble you bean
His mrs gave birth mid week, give the guy a chance ffs!

Good to do some honest soul search after celebration. Agree with most of your points. Too many luck based wins. Midfield not keeping possession. Seems like the plan is long ball and win second balls. No need build up play. Am fine if that's a winning formula. But all of Jose's previous teams except Man U play better football. Maybe he needs time. Am willing to write this season off and anticipate trophies next season
utter twaddle

sorry but what's the angle here? Are you one of the "never Jose" mob or one of Pochs disciples, still unwilling to let it go?

There are no easy games in the league this season, the gap between the so called big 6 to the rest of the division has narrowed, with Liverpool being the only exception.
Largely due to the TV money, we aren't the only top side struggling to win games.

We are bedding in multiple new signings which takes time, and obviously there was a big dark cloud hanging over the club. A cloud that for me is finally starting to lift now that the trouble makers are gone.

If you cant get excited by what we've seen so far from Bergwjin, Lo Celso and Tanganga then not sure what games you are watching.

These three are going to be massive players for us for many years to come, and Ndombele too if he can get fit and mentally ready for this league.

We need more positivity around this place, I think we've turned a corner and can look forwards with some optimism again.

Tell you what, there are a few players I'd take from Villa if they go down.

Mings, Grealish, McGinn, Samata.
I like the look of Mings and Grealish, not sure McGinn could displace our midfield options, but i think bringing up Samatta is a great point. He's close to the prime of his career and just happy to be playing PL football. I place a lot of blame on our scouting department for not being extensive enough in their search for a striker.

There must be decent players out there that wouldn't mind backing up Kane for a nice bit of $$$ and the prestige of playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He's not a world beater but he linked up play pretty well, something we could use to take the attention off Dele and Son.

Not sure how much moaning about yesterday’s win is helpful to anyone.

Loads of chances, exciting game, won in the best way possible I think. Bang, no chance to reply. We went the best part of a year without an away win and yet this one is not good enough ? Wow.

Just stop and think back to Brighton away and how terrible that was and then see if you can conclude there has been no progress.

It’s not perfect, but 100% we lose that game yesterday pre Jose.

Good to do some honest soul search after celebration. Agree with most of your points. Too many luck based wins. Midfield not keeping possession. Seems like the plan is long ball and win second balls. No need build up play. Am fine if that's a winning formula. But all of Jose's previous teams except Man U play better football. Maybe he needs time. Am willing to write this season off and anticipate trophies next season
There were numerous times we broke away (and then wasted chances) numerous times we built up play and had Aurier putting in crosses....

We also played some great football yesterday and with a fit Kane we'd have walked it

Triggered again and no I’m not after a cunt off with you or anyone else
Try taking your own advice cider boy
Stop engaging with me thanks
Just go away
Ha
Haha
Haha Haha
Bwahahahahaha

You live for conflict you dullard.
You are as valuable to this board as arcspace

I wouldn't mind if you actually understood anything about football, but you air your ignorance with every post. Not that I bother reading your turgid witterings

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.
It's tough being a Spurs fan.
Holy mother of god, that was a joyless and depressing read.
You OK?

Absolute load of bollocks. Fuck off back to the Emirates you gooner nonce.

We've picked up more points in the league than anyone bar Liverpool since Mourinho arrived, and you're 'having doubts'.

Off you must fuck, son. He's clearly doing a decent job, is very good tactically, and uses his subs well. Absolutely deserves a full transfer window, and pre-season to implement his stuff properly.

Poch had 5 years and you're having doubts with Jose after 5 minutes.

Piss off.
Have you witnessed one game since he took over where you have said to yourself that his teams look any more organised or solid than Poch's, because I haven't.
At times the teams look like strangers and some of them are past their play by date IMHO.
The playing staff are the issue, rather than the management of them.

Silk purse and sows ears

Have you witnessed one game since he took over where you have said to yourself that his teams look any more organised or solid than Poch's, because I haven't.
At times the teams look like strangers and some of them are past their play by date IMHO.
The playing staff are the issue, rather than the management of them.

Silk purse and sows ears

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom