Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how much moaning about yesterday’s win is helpful to anyone.

Loads of chances, exciting game, won in the best way possible I think. Bang, no chance to reply. We went the best part of a year without an away win and yet this one is not good enough ? Wow.

Just stop and think back to Brighton away and how terrible that was and then see if you can conclude there has been no progress.

It’s not perfect, but 100% we lose that game yesterday pre Jose.

More importantly, we seem to have found a way to score goals without Kane playing for us. A couple of goals where we have scored 3 and multiple 2 goal games now. Impressive return when you lose your lynchpin.

Becoming a real fan of these videos, from getting an insight into our game management to watching the drama surrounding the VAR decision, especially the bench when they see the VAR video...and all hell breaking loose at the winner...

We've just won a thrilling game of football where both sides created tons of chances and we got over the line in the last minute.
It was a throwback game to another time, if you can't take joy from that why bother?

As others have said our form is very good, we are improving, We have some real promising new players who are bedding in well.

I just don't understand the negativity. Yes we aren't perfect, Yes perhaps 1-2 are past there sell by date. But try looking at the positives or you just come across as somebody with an agenda.

If I was that negative after a win I'd take up something else with my spare time and save myself the stress
It’s called cry wanking
If we win the FA Cup it won’t be as good as losing the CL to some

Have you witnessed one game since he took over where you have said to yourself that his teams look any more organised or solid than Poch's, because I haven't.
At times the teams look like strangers and some of them are past their play by date IMHO.
The playing staff are the issue, rather than the management of them.

Silk purse and sows ears

Oh shut up you patronising twat

We kept a clean sheet in the game before against City.

I don't think we are playing like a misfiring engine, we are just playing a different style to the endless possession bore the opposition to death style that Poch employed.

I agree we could do with tightening up our defence, but we've had injuries and hardly been able to play a settled team.
The biggest reason our defence is struggling imo is not the defence itself but the lack of a quality DM in front of it.
Tanganga excited me, shades of Ledley, and I'm talking pace, power and composure not skin colour.

I'm seeing a game plan now, we are all about hurting teams with pace and winning the ball high up the pitch. We aren't about playing out of the back and keeping the ball.

I'm confident we can make top 4 now, Chelsea and Leicester are both struggling our form is good in comparison.
can you give me the name of your rose tinted binoculars supplier please?

hurting teams with pace and winning the ball high up the pitch

- so , playing like wimbledon in the 80s then. That's some kind of progress

the endless possession bore the opposition to death style that Poch employed.

Is that the one that got us our highest league position since the 60/80s, and into a CL final, and had us looking like a top flight team again?

yep the last season and a half it started to fall apart, but thats down to players - Jose has inherited the same squad and its the same set of performances.

we need to stop playing some of the guys that served us well in the past, and Aurier - who has never really been anything except eccentric and untrustworthy.

and sorry - but we are not playing to any kind of game plan, we never stick to anything, it's the most disorganised we've been since the manager merry go round years.

Not sure what people are complaining about.

Only Liverpool have more points in the league than we have since JM joined. He’s changed tactics from game to game, and doing the best he can with a squad that has been dog shit for a year, and needs serious reinvestment. We are still in the CL and FA Cup and have closed the gap to Chelsea to a point. And lost to Chelsea in that time too.

Give the man time and appreciate the wins. Fuck me. Liverpool have been scraping lucky wins all season, will win the league and their fans are behind the team.

We are “scraping” wins (and win three on the bounce for the first time in ages) and some of you are whinging.

Yesterday was entertaining. Last minute winner. VAR drama. And we won. Enjoy it.

We kept a clean sheet in the game before against City.

I don't think we are playing like a misfiring engine, we are just playing a different style to the endless possession bore the opposition to death style that Poch employed.

I agree we could do with tightening up our defence, but we've had injuries and hardly been able to play a settled team.
The biggest reason our defence is struggling imo is not the defence itself but the lack of a quality DM in front of it.
Tanganga excited me, shades of Ledley, and I'm talking pace, power and composure not skin colour.

I'm seeing a game plan now, we are all about hurting teams with pace and winning the ball high up the pitch. We aren't about playing out of the back and keeping the ball.

I'm confident we can make top 4 now, Chelsea and Leicester are both struggling our form is good in comparison.

I'm not confident we'll make the top 4.

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.
It's tough being a Spurs fan.
You talk some shite mate.

Not sure what people are complaining about.

Only Liverpool have more points in the league than we have since JM joined. He’s changed tactics from game to game, and doing the best he can with a squad that has been dog shit for a year, and needs serious reinvestment. We are still in the CL and FA Cup and have closed the gap to Chelsea to a point. And lost to Chelsea in that time too.

Give the man time and appreciate the wins. Fuck me. Liverpool have been scraping lucky wins all season, will win the league and their fans are behind the team.

We are “scraping” wins (and win three on the bounce for the first time in ages) and some of you are whinging.

Yesterday was entertaining. Last minute winner. VAR drama. And we won. Enjoy it.
If that's aimed at me, rest assured I thoroughly enjoyed the win.
It was the period when the team looked like it was aiming for bottom 4 rather than top 4 that I didn't enjoy.
Liverpool scraping wins?
They are playing teams that have 11 men behind the ball - including us. We used to go out and hunt them down and make them defend in depth, but now they have an amazing defence and a passion for attack.

We've just won a thrilling game of football where both sides created tons of chances and we got over the line in the last minute.
It was a throwback game to another time, if you can't take joy from that why bother?

As others have said our form is very good, we are improving, We have some real promising new players who are bedding in well.

I just don't understand the negativity. Yes we aren't perfect, Yes perhaps 1-2 are past there sell by date. But try looking at the positives or you just come across as somebody with an agenda.

If I was that negative after a win I'd take up something else with my spare time and save myself the stress

Mick’s only joy is Walkie Talkies and moaning or pontificating in here but he never ever reads my posts

Back
Top Bottom