FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hated the 'music' that was playing before the game and the 'make some noise' bollocks.

The two STs in front of us (south stand) come up all the way from Devon or Somerset. They are there most games to be fair to them but they drive all that way to sit down in their seats in total silence (and eat cake obviously).

Why would you fucking bother.
Is this Cake News?

that's it Baz? You don't want to insult me by 'implying' that I might be American. I'm so ashamed. And we call it soccer too. Wonder what morons came up with that name.

Oh, Parrott misses.
Interesting point for you and purely educational for me. As it's so similar to rugby and played almost entirely with hands, why is is called football? I'm not looking for an argument. I'm just curious to know. It's like the "world series " which are actually the N. American series. And the winners calling themselves "world champions" . It just seems a little odd.

*got to

Now fuck off Soccer Boy
Wow Baz you must surely be lonely because you are following me around and insinuating yourself into my convos that don't even concern you. Sad really.

But seeing as our battle of wits in exceedingly one-sided and you've now taken it upon yourself to correct my informal word choice perhaps we should have a spelling bee? Seeing as I am a man of actual letters and you being a monophonetician it should be a good one. Let's start with "celerity". Do you recognize all those letters? And no, it isn't a vegetable.

I have faith in you Baz because you're a winner. You'll come good.

Last edited:
Loosing this match could be good for the top 4 chances, lose against RB and concentrate on the PL, while all other teams around us are still in CL, EL and FA cup competitions.

The team is broke and has been since February 2020. Whatever happened back then should have been sorted out during the summer but Pochettino hadn't the cajones to do it

You forgot to libel him this time with your scurrilous claims. You didn't want him gone? You sure are having a blinder putting the boot in now that he is. you mean the squad that he whined about rebuilding for 2 years only to be met with 18months of no first team signings? Right, it was all Poch's fault.

Were you saying it was a bad squad 5 months ago?
Libel my arse. He made loads of noise about how we need to be brave before he got the contract. Then levy doubled his wages. It was cheaper for levy to shut him up that way. Suddenly for poch there was no one in the entire footballing world who could improve the squad. Win win for levy and poch , lose lose for the squad. In hindsight, Im glad he was gotten rid off for neglecting the squad.

Just back. Couldn't believe what I'd just witnessed.

Can anyone have a go at explaining Vorm in goal?

Our best player was Eric Dier - yes, read that again.

The rest were strangers that turned up on the night. It makes you pine for Steed Malbranque.

No idea where we go from here.

Interesting point for you and purely educational for me. As it's so similar to rugby and played almost entirely with hands, why is is called football? I'm not looking for an argument. I'm just curious to know.
Nor am I. Baz just can't control himself.

But Rugby is Rugby Football (or rugger), right?. The 'rugby' is the qualifier/modifier as in Association Football (or soccer, coined by Englishmen). It's just that folks like Bazali Bazali are too ignorant, anti-Yank, Little Englandy, or Brexity to understand that it's 'your' word not ours. So everytime an Englishmen derisively says it they just look stupid because it's your word.

It's like the "world series " which are actually the N. American series. And the winners calling themselves "world champions" . It just seems a little odd.
I counter with "The Open" for pretentious names. I guess it's an our game our rules situation. That is unless you think another baseball team from outside the US would be likely to win it. And it's also branding.

Last edited:
Gazza was on bench and in the only competition where we stood a chance of winning something he picked our 3rd choice keeper and kept him on for pens
Yeah this very average , ageing, recently injured keeper who hasnt played competitive football for a significant period.

gets the nod

has, surprise, an absolute mare and costs us our place in the next round

I’m kinda repeating myself such is the absurdity of that call

isn’t this supposed to be his forte .... picking the right personnel and tactics for the big games

is he taking the piss with us then ?

Just awaiting for the inflammatory comments that will come after this, I don't think we played really that bad tbh, we just can score for our lives
That was heading for a very droll 1-0 win that no one was busting a gut to affect.

norwich were trying and playing quite decent but without really causing us much bother in front of goal

at 75 mins in I thought this will fizzle out as Norwich will be content enough to concentrate on their relegation battle

(it reminded a bit of Leicester’s run of victories, sure teams tried but were not too bothered at a dull 1-0 )

then Vorm goes one better with his second attempt to save a shot .... and then it’s game on

til then it was game off .... boring 1-0 at home .... let’s see who we draw next

im so fucking annoyed. What was he even doing there ?!!!
We didn’t even need him at the club in the end did we ?

Resigned to just admit that I'll never see us win the fa Cup.

Fucking cunt Vorm. Why the fuck is he back? We got rid of him. Austin should be our 2nd choice keeper not Gazza or Vorm. JM is a bigger cunt for playing him. This nice guy persona is bollocks. Make the harsh choices cos your getting 15 million pounds for it.

Thought we defended ok. Jan was good, Dier and Skipp too.

So fucked off. Just a losers mentality at the club. Starts with the board and ends with the fans. People saying that we should just give up the cup - how do they propose we get a winning mentality if you just throw the game from the start?

What the fuck is the deal with these bullshit staccato run ups?
It’s a lack of bottle , a lack of confidence in their technique to hold up under the pressure

this messing about is hope it gives an easy out

Kane is prime example. He trusts his ability to find a corner and inevitably for the most part it does

these fuckers have no faith they’ll find a top or bottom corner hence all this play with the keeper

Back
Top Bottom