FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You should be there or thereabouts by 22

there is always an example for any argument of the exception.... I see you found Toure for yours

and if you’re a talent which we are taking Tanguy to be then you’ll be breaking into the U23 squads at 17-20

if you’re 22 and playing for the u23 ...., then you’re not going to cut it at the highest level

so it was a poor example of demonstrating his development
Either that or it was just weird telling me 22 Is younger than 23
You get my point wrong mate. You said in footballing terms that 22 isn't young. The point I was making that football deems players his age young enough to still turn out for youth teams, hence the point being made that the game he plays in, the league he plays in still sees him as young.
What’s going on with you ?!! I know age groups in youth football and I know a 22 yr old is still able to play for an u23 youth

me saying 22 isn’t young for a footballer Is not me forgetting there is an u23 youth team

but whether or not you can play in these youth teams has no bearing on people's expectations

if Tanguy doesn’t do what’s expected of him as a 55m talent , there isn’t a single person at the club that is going to even consider rocking up to managment and pointing out he could have a run out for the u23s

at 22. A player is at an age where he’s developed enough (not fully ) to know his level

thsnks for pointing out the young player award can be won up to 23. There was no ‘suspense punctuation’ required.... oddly enough I was aware of that ubiquitously known fact as well

How’s about we stick the ball in the net more than the opposition...that might work better🤷‍♂️
When Spurs had a full squad they could overcome rubbish refereeing. With this squad it's touch-and-go. But the truth is the refereeing has ALWAYS been crap against Tottenham who are the Jewish club, so it must be anti-semitic.

What’s going on with you ?!! I know age groups in youth football and I know a 22 yr old is still able to play for an u23 youth

me saying 22 isn’t young for a footballer Is not me forgetting there is an u23 youth team

but whether or not you can play in these youth teams has no bearing on people's expectations

if Tanguy doesn’t do what’s expected of him as a 55m talent , there isn’t a single person at the club that is going to even consider rocking up to managment and pointing out he could have a run out for the u23s

at 22. A player is at an age where he’s developed enough (not fully ) to know his level

Nothing's wrong with me, I'm just highlighting that you said 22 isn't young for a footballer yet a footballer that is 22, 23 even can win young player of the year.

If he isn't young, why do the powers that be deem him young enough to win young player of the year awards?

Maybe we are getting our wires crossed here, it's 3:15am and I know what you're saying about his price tag and where he should be but at his age, a young age as a person and as a footballer he still has plenty of room and time to grow. If he does is a completely different thing, everyone has a ceiling and a limit that they can reach, hopefully with time on his side he still has gears he can click into as he becomes a fuller and more mature footballer.

He's still new to the pace of the game over here, less than a dozen starts and it's a powerful league. It ain't as easy as getting on with it like we'd all like it to be.

Nothing's wrong with me, I'm just highlighting that you said 22 isn't young for a footballer yet a footballer that is 22, 23 even can win young player of the year.

If he isn't young, why do the powers that be deem him young enough to win young player of the year awards?

Maybe we are getting our wires crossed here, it's 3:15am and I know what you're saying about his price tag and where he should be but at his age, a young age as a person and as a footballer he still has plenty of room and time to grow. If he does is a completely different thing, everyone has a ceiling and a limit that they can reach, hopefully with time on his side he still has gears he can click into as he becomes a fuller and more mature footballer.
It’s not wires crossed I think your taking my comment in the strictest literal sense open to you rather than a general consensus that by the age of 22 most professional coaches would be expecting a 22 yr old to be physically developed and making most of the right decisions by then

but yeah this isn’t the greatest debate and I doubt any one cares too much

It’s not wires crossed I think your taking my comment in the strictest literal sense open to you rather than a general consensus that by the age of 22 most professional coaches would be expecting a 22 yr old to be physically developed and making most of the right decisions by then

but yeah this isn’t the greatest debate and I doubt any one cares too much

Agreed, best we leave it there mate I'm sure others have no interest in it, onwards and upwards.

How many times have we seen Lamela's poor shooting technique? Falls backwards and the ball goes high. He should never have been taking a penalty in a pressure environment.
Or Parrot. What a ridiculous choice. Comes on for the 1st time and has to face that kind of pressure. Mourinho is an idiot, picking him and Lamela. And what Fernandes did was inexplicable.

At least my mind is made up about renewing next season.
With you there. After 30 years, I'm not bothering to renew my ST. . I'll just cherry pick the games to go to. That kind of money for this standard of entertainment is a joke. No more of my dosh going to Levy and his co-leeches

Yup, it's obvious where this train is headed currently, unless something incredible happens we all know how it's going to end and we know who's going to be to blame for it.
If Lucas, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Son and Kane are all injured on Saturday, what is the solution?

Levy needs to understand that our squad cannot compete in its current state.
He doesn't care. How long is this going to take to sink in? Profit, profit, profit. It's all he cares about.

Very disappointed right now but the fewer games we play this season the better.
If the board can’t see we need a total overhaul then they deserve to miss out on the many many millions CL football brings.

There were plenty of moaning cunts in the South Stand...
A few left BEFORE extra time (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure they had a train to catch back to whatever Plastic Fan rural province they live in!!

For me, the game was gone with whatever the fuck that was pre-match! A glorified School disco DJ "banging out some Choons" and telling US to wave our scarves ... (and then tweet about it on InstaTwat)

No, sorry, football support doesn't work like that..... atmosphere isn't generated by some Tim Westwood wannabee with headphones and a mic.

Jesus, the game's truly gone...

"There used to be a football club over there"
I'm afraid that's straight out of the American way of behaving at games. Pretty soon we'll be having a half time show starring Janet Jackson and her amazing disappearing tits!

We missed our chance a few years back to win something, Poch said we needed to spend, Levy the cunt wouldn't like always and now look what's happened, we're shit. This team is over, nothing but dead weight. Only have a handful off players that's good enough the rest are shit.

Levy is a cancerous fucking toad get that cunt out immediately. This club is dying before our eyes and we cannot accept it. #LevyOut #ENICOut

I happen to like Baz and think he makes some astute observations. Also he injects a little humour into the forum. Whereupon you, and I I don't really like to say this but honesty compels me, come over as a a pseudo intellectual who likes to spout multisyllabic words and appear to be an expert on everything. It's not an endearing trait to the English. Say what you like about us but we're not phonies. Plus your avatar smacks of narcissism.....!
Really? You'll learn.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind picking vorm?
Also was winks actually playing today? To me it looked like a few of the players didn’t actually care or have any fight for the team and to be in the cup for the fans. We only played with some aggression and fight in the last 10 minutes and the crowd got behind the team, I don’t get why Mourinho can’t get the team to be like that from the off?

Back
Top Bottom