FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The producers at Amazon must not believe the footage they're getting this season, they couldnt have picked a better club because we have literally turned into a soap opera

IMG-20200304-WA0004.jpg

Christ. Get a load of this full kit wanker that was at the game!

Winning the fa cup in 2020 has less vibe than winning the league cup anywhere in the 1980’s.

It means nothing to me today!
Really? I must be old then, because the FA Cup still means a lot to me - and FAR more than the league cup could ever do.

I would LOVE Spurs to hold that trophy aloft again.

Fuck all this....
Seriously, FUCK it!

When Liverpool lost the CL Final, they went from strength to strength...

When WE lost it, we went to shit!

Fucking joke mentality!

It honestly is hard to put into words. All the promise, potential and heart and soul we had built up over the last 4/5 years as a club has been completely and utterly destroyed. I’ve gone from being immensely proud of nearly all aspects of the club I support back to being as embarrassed as I was when Tim Sherwood was our manager all in the space of a couple of months. Literally full circle. Once again we have somehow managed to return to being a complete and utter laughing stock.
Just sad really, no other word for it.

Where to start? Off the pitch first:

Moved out of the Paxton to make room for Norwich last night, me and my 16yr old decide to sit in the PL, block 254 - great view. We find our seats early, the kid taps the only fella in our row on the shoulder and politely asks to move past. With him in the seat I go for a piss and to see if I could get a beer. Only after the game on the way home did my lad say that when I was away the fella came over, got in his face and threatened him - the cunt. My lad said that he “wanted to stick up for himself and didn’t want me to cause a scene and risk getting chucked out”.

Add to that the fella in the row down falling asleep and then off his seat fucking lagging.

And then we have Dier - was it a racist? Was Dier’s brother in a row? Did Eric want to vent spleen? Who fucking knows? Just embarrassing, damaging and toxic...

I didn’t want to post while emotions were sky high last night. I’m doing so now without any hyperbole or overstatement. There is something rotten, fetid about the club right now and it’s been palpable for over a year now.
I’m not really interested in conducting a witch hunt as we are all in some way culpable - Lewis/ENIC, Levy, Poch, Mourinho, the players and yes, us the fans.

As for a comment on the game? Laughable. We were comical in our abject failure to beat the worst team in the league shorn of some of their starters. The cluelessness most evident in front of goal...scrambled minds and muddled thinking. And yeah, why Vorm?

Where to go from here? Anyone’s guess. You’d think we’ve fallen far enough wouldn’t you but there may be some way to go yet...

Back
Top Bottom