Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, get over yourself.

I've answered every point you've made.

You talk about 'balanced arguments' but then you say someone comes across as dick for not including 'in my opinion' in their statement when you didn't either.

That make you a hypocrite. But don't worry, there's lots of hypocrites out there.

You're another one who started an argument, lost it and then couldn't face that fact.

There's only one place where people like that go... My ignore list.

See ya, buddy!

Ok buddy, as you’re not man enough to admit that you got it wrong I’ll post the whole quote for you. Unedited with the in my opinion right there as a full stop to the post.
Try an "in my opinion". You just come across as a dick.
You are saying you are a better judge of what is right or wrong for a professional footballer than respected sports writers (The Times, The Guardian), his boss, and fellow professional players. You are not a better judge than those people. In my opinion.

See ya.

I repeat you are so out of touch with the sentiment surrounding this, it's comical.

He's not though is he. All Dier was ever going to do was add to the fucking handbags of some punter shouting abuse being handbagged by his brother who no doubt shouted abuse back at him, whilst stewards and other punters generally threw their hand bags in between them to make sure nothing happened.

So Dier potentially pissed away his place in the team for a big chunk of what's already been an injury ravaged season, just when he was starting to actually look like he might be fucking useful, just to throw his hand bag into the ring to keep his brothers, and a couple of other punters ands stewards hand bag's company.

Yay. Hero.

I'm sure twitter, our fans, some media opinions wishing to appear "right on" will applaud Dier (though not sure they would if it was a less wholesome fella) but all I can think is "what a fucking twat".

Everyone saying "I'D DO THE SAME FOR MY BROTHER" is ignoring the fact that we all probably would, in normal circumstances, but maybe if we were 5m a year footballers, a job that comes with a bit of social responsibility, at an event with TV cameras everywhere, in a situation that was only ever going to be a hand bag slag fest at best anyway, and doing it could have serious ramifications for my job and the team, might actually have the common sense to think, hmmm....maybe I'll just keep my hand bag dry on this one?

I don't really give a fuck, the bloke was a dick, it's Dier, it's us right now, it was very entertaining, but I didn't really watch it and think "what a fucking hero" either.

88395980_2799731533427548_4432931876159619072_n.jpg

How do you know?
Nobody does, Jose carefully avoided making such a commitment, but I think he will stick with him, this is from his presser:

Asked if Dier was in the right frame of mind to face Burnley, Mourinho said: 'What about Eric being in the right frame of mind? Of course'

'The player played so well (against Norwich) and he has nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of. The football world is behind (Dier) and understands completely the circumstances.'

In a lengthy defence for Dier, Mourinho added: 'I look at myself and I am of course much older than Eric and have more years in football than Eric. I was born a footballer's son and grew up a manager and the only thing I can say is if I see something happening with my son I would do the same. I would not think two seconds about doing the same'

'But as professionals sometimes we have to go through difficult situations and we have to cope with it. Everyone has an opinion and I am happy that the football family understands what happened. What happened has happened and let's move on.'

I hope he does play, his performance against Norwich was his best this season by far and his presence will certainly get the away fans fired up ... no moaning from them.

I have it on very good authority that RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK is in fact Donna Cullen's foot masseuse.

Mr Clash?
I've already admitted to a few beers tonight, and if you hadn't highlighted the fact I thought I was responding to a different poster then i would have gotten away with it!!

Plus Donna Cullen better not have a foot masseur. I promised her I'd beat any quote she got.. What a cow.

How do you know?
“One of the things I tell you immediately without any problem. [Japhet] Tanganga was nobody, [now] he is a regular. Skipp played 10 or 12 matches previously but [now] consecutive starts in the Premier League and FA Cup matches, maybe the first time. He played against Norwich, he plays tomorrow again."

“As you were asking me before, what about Eric being in the right frame of mind to play tomorrow, of course. The only thing that matters is: first of all, that nothing really big happened. And secondly he played so, so well in the last two matches. That of course he is going to play.”

He's not though is he. All Dier was ever going to do was add to the fucking handbags of some punter shouting abuse being handbagged by his brother who no doubt shouted abuse back at him, whilst stewards and other punters generally threw their hand bags in between them to make sure nothing happened.

So Dier potentially pissed away his place in the team for a big chunk of what's already been an injury ravaged season, just when he was starting to actually look like he might be fucking useful, just to throw his hand bag into the ring to keep his brothers, and a couple of other punters ands stewards hand bag's company.

Yay. Hero.

I'm sure twitter, our fans, some media opinions wishing to appear "right on" will applaud Dier (though not sure they would if it was a less wholesome fella) but all I can think is "what a fucking twat".

Everyone saying "I'D DO THE SAME FOR MY BROTHER" is ignoring the fact that we all probably would, in normal circumstances, but maybe if we were 5m a year footballers, a job that comes with a bit of social responsibility, at an event with TV cameras everywhere, in a situation that was only ever going to be a hand bag slag fest at best anyway, and doing it could have serious ramifications for my job and the team, might actually have the common sense to think, hmmm....maybe I'll just keep my hand bag dry on this one?

I don't really give a fuck, the bloke was a dick, it's Dier, it's us right now, it was very entertaining, but I didn't really watch it and think "what a fucking hero" either.
YES he is and so are YOU!

It's not "just Twitter" though is it Blakey!? Top award winning jorno's are writing about it. It's become bigger than a football incident because it's being used to champion the vile abusive fan that we've all heard at football matches (this also includes racist incidents too, not saying this is one of them, but the lad that uploaded the 1st vid said it was), many are also using it as a wider metaphor to reflect the rise of the vile abusive slagging that's become prevalent in society today via confrontational politics.

You're of course welcome to your opinion but just like Andersen you have failed to grasp the mood and sentiment around it. To take a different view is fine but it does show that you are out of touch with the sentiment.

Has it become any clearer yet what the incident surrounding his family member(s)actually entailed?

Like the Rudiger stuff I find it hard to believe an individual voice can be heard from that far up in the stands so surely Dier was reacting to some kind of physical scenario?

Should he have done what he did - no.
Do I understand why he did it - most definitely.
I would have done the same in his shoes, but would expect some sort of comeback.
What gets me is how the person who starts a situation gets punished less than the one who retaliates, happens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom