Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again it’s performances over results.
Saying Son was good because he scored is like saying we have been good every time we’ve won.

Even more absurd
If Son had a job description it might read:

Score goals
Create chances for others.

He did this over that four week period. The fact that our defence shipped more goals that Son scored is hardly down to Son.

Him being 'garbage for ages' is just plain wrong. As for Gedson over Son...

I think in some ways this is actually part of the problem. He's getting so frustrated during the game that he's trying too hard and overdoing things. He actually just needs to relax and keep things simple. That's when it'll come together.
Moura is doing the same, they are pushing so hard for a goal they're hitting a wall of defenders and not seeing the simple passes or runs.
Agreed - some of the ‘bigger’ players (Kane and Son fell into this, too) are taking the games on their shoulders and over-thinking / over-trying.

nobody’s playing with freedom and excitement at the moment because they’re scared of fucking up. The team are tense - Jose’s team-talk may well be about not shipping goals, but I’m fairly sure it won’t be ‘sit back and do shit-all, let players run past you’. The team are scared and the crowd getting on Dele’s back when he misplaces a pass won’t help. His natural game is quite flamboyant - but he has to do a job at the mo, which he’s trying.

If Son had a job description it might read:

Score goals
Create chances for others.

He did this over that four week period. The fact that our defence shipped more goals that Son scored is hardly down to Son.

Him being 'garbage for ages' is just plain wrong. As for Gedson over Son...
So as I said, when we win games you won’t have a single complaint.

And by the way here is the quote mikes01666

I’d that something you agree with?
Picking names over performance? You must have loved Poch

We're all aware of of your anti-Pochettino agenda. In the early days he was the best thing that happened to this club since Keith Burkinshaw.

Oh and just to make it absolutely clear, I'd pick Son every day of the week ahead of Gedson.

We're all aware of of your anti-Pochettino agenda. In the early days he was the best thing that happened to this club since Keith Burkinshaw.

Oh and just to make it absolutely clear, I'd pick Son every day of the week ahead of Gedson.
So just like Poch, you’d pick a name even if Son wasn’t playing well, or not scoring, and Gedson was.

Would you also pick an out of form injured Kane who hadn’t kicked a ball for 2 months over his stand in who just scored a hat trick in the game before?

Of course you would. Losers mentality.
That’s why we lost.

So just like Poch, you’d pick a name even if Son wasn’t playing well, or not scoring, and Gedson was.

Would you also pick an out of form injured Kane who hadn’t kicked a ball for 2 months over his stand in who just scored a hat trick in the game before?

Of course you would. Losers mentality.
That’s why we lost.

Gedson has shown no consistent evidence of 'playing well'. So Son every time.

It's great being wise after the event and the reason we lost the CL final was due to picking Kane. No mention of Sissoko handling the ball in our area in the first minute?

Unlike others here, I would have played Kane even in 70% fit. Also I'd do it again. He's a better player than Lucas (even injured and out of form), end of.

That's why I'd choose Son over Gedson. He's a better player, end of. Time will tell if Gedson can get even within a mile of Son.

Yeah exactly
Manager who’s won nothing in 11 years?
Manger who has won 22 major trophies in 20 years?

Mull that over then tell me who’s the loser
Context.

Mourinho coached Porto (best of Portugal), Chelsea, Madrid, Inter, United...

Pochettino coached Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham.

Different stories etc..

Of course Mourinho is career wise better, but I'm not sure how many clubs would pick Jose over Poch nowadays.

Times changes, so does football. Mourinho is winner, but he needs to change, quickly or we're fucked.

It's great being wise after the event and the reason we lost the CL final was due to picking Kane. No mention of Sissoko handling the ball in our area in the first minute?

Unlike others here, I would have played Kane even in 70% fit. Also I'd do it again. He's a better player than Lucas (even injured and out of form), end of.

That's why I'd choose Son over Gedson. He's a better player, end of. Time will tell if Gedson can get even within a mile of Son.

So that’s a lot of words to not answer a question
If Son was playing poorly and Gedson was playing well, you would drop Gedson for Son?

Context.

Mourinho coached Porto (best of Portugal), Chelsea, Madrid, Inter, United...

Pochettino coached Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham.

Different stories etc..

Of course Mourinho is career wise better, but I'm not sure how many clubs would pick Jose over Poch nowadays.

Times changes, so does football. Mourinho is winner, but he needs to change, quickly or we're fucked.
Times change
Jose won a treble three years ago then took 18 months off.
Poch came 3rd while Wes Morgan lifted the title

I'm sorry Mike even Harry Kane is not a better player than Lucas injured and out of form. It's a moot point because we will never no what would have happened had Lucas started that game, but to simply deem a player better under any circumstances is daft.

No. Under almost any circumstance I would play Son instead of Gedson. He's a better player.

Now Gedson has to prove me wrong.

Has Dele got a spot for life too or is the notion of form somehow conveniently more meaningful when it comes to him?

I'm sorry Mike even Harry Kane is not a better player than Lucas injured and out of form. It's a moot point because we will never no what would have happened had Lucas started that game, but to simply deem a player better under any circumstances is daft.
Well, we'll just have to disagree.

In my view starting Kane in the CL final was the right decision. We'll never know what would have happened if Lucas started (or if Sissoko hadn't stuck his hand out).

In my view Son always starts in front of Gedson. It's up to Gedson to prove it the other way round.

Dele thrives in a good team. His movement and his tricks work well when his team has plenty of the ball and players who can find his runs.

His form is a symptom of our problems, not a cause.

They are a cause. Each player not performing like they could is a cause. Dele should prove he belongs in a good team by showing the team he can do better then the players around him. How often do kane and son save us. Dele never does. Needs to pull his socks up because right now he offers nothing

Back
Top Bottom