Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

look I hear you and I am not trying to convince you that your view point is wrong. It is what it is.

To just go through this again as I see it: levy / ENIC is one in the same thing, difficult to separate.

It has been shit for well over a season mate, arguably it’s been heading significantly down since around December 18.

The problem I see is that in football if you stand still you go backwards and if you don’t plan a year in advance then you are not planning correctly, I’d like to understand why that was allowed to happen.

and more broadly there is the pattern of “rinse and repeat” that has existed over 20 years, it’s never been about just the last 4 / 5 years for me with ENIC.

some examples;

Hoddle - not backed and then sacked.

The way 2003/04 was written off for the arrival of Santini who lasted how many games? & Arsen who walked too after a year.

selling Defoe, Keane and Berbatov and getting a bloke who could not speak a word of English and Fraser Campbell as replacements, why ?

completely failing to back Harry and ultimately
sack Harry, for what exactly ? Achieving what Poch is martyred for! (and no I am not bashing Poch) 4/5/4 and sacked.....

the AVB farce that followed. Mouthino anyone?

Tim Sherwood and writing off another fucking season, in fact the way Sherwood was treated as an employee was ridiculous, ok fans did not like it want him, but Jesus his youth record and first team record was really good.

None of these above are crimes against football, but each one of them were cluster fuck situations that were totally avoidable and pretty damaging.

And to add to my sense of ill will I heard today that Paul Mitchell and his little black box is head of recruitment at RBL, that’s another mystery situation Mr Levy never answered.

now, again, I am also sure they have done some
good things and are deserving of praise. The truth will be in the middle of our disagreements not on either side.

Owner and CEO are not the same thing ... Levy is a minority shareholder not the owner ... as long as you see ENIC and Levy as one and the same we will have to agree to disagree.

I have no issue with ENIC taken us from mid-table to to six ... top twenty in Europe to top ten ... and 100m income to 500m income ....

As for Levy he's overseen off the field brilliantly, but on the field not so good ... now he has the money there are no more excuses but that only arrived last summer and we're still only ranked 5th, harping back to past failings fair enough, but what matters is the future not the past ... I agree with you that there are no more excuses however Liverpool, City, Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea all feel the same ... five can't win the league every year it's not that easy.

I don't think the manager ever gave the players the belief regardless of who is avaliable. Every week it is negative. Poch was at the club nearly 6 years I cant remember an example where the club was this negative. Apart from tanganga it was a team of Internationals. The main issue I have is if you are going to sack poch surely you bring in a manager with the same vision and philosophy..everything with jose seems forced and fake. Playing young players for one. The players aren't being coached. They have zero idea of patterns of play, transitions and team shape. It's a 4 then it's a 3 sometimes a 5. Because of such poor coaching we are being led up the garden path. Your telling me a good coach couldn't settle on a system regardless of personell. A philosophy what to do in and out of possession. His assistant looks like a drip. A young bloke he can walk all over. If hassenhutl farke Howe etc etc managers of small clubs were given lloris toby verts sanchez tanganga winks lo celso sess Ali moura lamela they would bite your arm off.

OK. And when did you hear of me jumping on the big money/big transfers bandwagon? Shit, I was hoping to get 3 players from a relegated Guingamp for 20M FFS. And I agree with the fact that they don't do the 80% as effectively or cleverly as it could be done. Not being stereotypical but apparently have to go to Germany for that.

My issue is the repeated specious claims of Poch doing and being responsible for it. That's all that that report debunks. That's all I claimed it debunked. And it has been known knowns for as long as Bill Madrid Bill Madrid can remember Donna Cullen being there (it appears bill's got a thing for Donna but I won't tell).

And I have no idea if a 'budget will be set'. Going from the known knowns it seems those decisions happen at the last...when DL sees the player list to see 'what can be done'. Just going off the facts in evidence.

Genuine question. What do you believe, if anything, Poch got wrong?

pall.jpg

this may have already been said, but RB Lepzig defender Mukiele swallowed his tongue when he got hit in the face with that ball. I wondered why they were bringing out the stretchers for a shot to the face.

Leipzig are a good side. Without Kane and Son You have little to offer O’m afraid
With or without Kane and Son, you have little chance against anyone in the PL or CL with the way we are defending, it's like the grand national.
Just watched the highlights, it is embarrassing. First goal, 3 at the back and all 3 well at the back 10 yards from goal with no one to mark, the midfielders Winks and GLC are not any where to bee seen, the RBZ player taking a shot unchallenged!

We couldn't beat Norwich few days ago , enough said mate. Shambolic. Neither learning or getting better. Is big Sam available! He is the only one to organise the defence and if he wants to work alongside Jose lol

Ok, so it was right before Poch came but essentially coincident with his time. Thanks for getting this...and you need to spend less time at the heil.
Really? That seems beneath you. Like those young people with epithets like "Crapple" and much older techies who really should know better with "Micro$oft".

Anyway, Harmsworth was getting too much blowback on Dacre from his establishment mates over Brexit so he installed a staunch remain voter and liberal-progressive as the main man about a year ago. The DM is already pivoting its editorial line as aggressively as the readers will allow (they're pretty permissive given that there's no earnest "walkaway" option and they're mostly good neocon automata whose only frame of reference for social conservatism is the one that was fed to them in the first instance).

Just because they're nowhere near good enough doesn't mean they weren't trying.

Effort and results aren't the same thing.

I don't think its a lack of effort either (apart from the obvious corner case)

I feel we can blame them for the individual errors that have plagued our season, many of them avoidable.
And I'm not sure most of them are up to mentally for the levels we have recently become accustomed too.

I don't think its a lack of effort either (apart from the obvious corner case)

I feel we can blame them for the individual errors that have plagued our season, many of them avoidable.
And I'm not sure most of them are up to mentally for the levels we have recently become accustomed too.

...Begging the question; is there a shelf in the transfer market marked "mentally strong"?

We've been hearing the same thing since long before Poch. We've since accumulated internationals, former captains, league & world cup winners and are now managed by one of the most decorated managers in history and we're still coming up empty.

Last edited:
Last time I was in Hull, I went to an amazing Indian restaurant down on the waterfront. Keralan food. Different but superb. Poshest Indian I've ever been in.

Do you remember the name of it?
Might give it a try next time I’m there
Most ‘Indian’ restaurants are Bangladeshi so good to find an authentic one!

A minor injury and every single cunt in the stands looks like they've just been to Auschwitz.
Not in very good taste I'm afraid,. There are some things you just shouldn't include in a joke. Some of us on here are old enough to have lost family in some of those places so I would ask you in the nicest way not to reference them. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom