Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale (Home), 7 Mar 2013 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I wondered this, but if he is that good surely 8 million seems a little cheap and a bidding war in the summer window could have been a bit more fruitful?

Cant really comment to be honest, I had heard very little of him prior to his Liverpool move.

Could be finances, could be no one thought he was up to it physically (he is pretty slight), could be he was good but not good enough to be a certain success, could be contractual...

Cant really comment to be honest, I had heard very little of him prior to his Liverpool move.

Could be finances, could be no one thought he was up to it physically (he is pretty slight), could be he was good but not good enough to be a certain success, could be contractual...

Who knows let's just hope he's in someone's pocket on sunday.

Top night. Paxton was in great voice last night & that "stand up if you hate Woolwich" was class with pretty much the whole stadium joining in. Great buzz around the Lane at the moment it's a top place to be.

Re the game, fantastic performance, fantastic result. Right up there with our greatest Euro performances.
A special well done to Brad. Although he kept one of my favourite players out of the team, he thoroughly justified his selection and deserves to play in the San Siro next week.

Re Bale, as I said before the game he had to play given our prime time slot on ITV1 and the nature of the occasion. It would have been wrong to rest him as some suggested.

I think AVB was unnecessarily pushing the envelope by saying we would have asked to get Bale booked, best not to talk about that sort of stuff Andre, IMHO.

But of course another great triumph for AVB in general. What a brilliant acquisition by Levy he's turning out to be.

Big mention for Scotty too, who's got some undeserved stick from some Spurs fans, but has surely won the doubters over now.

So pleased for Siggy, I was delighted when we got him and Dempsey in. Both have now gone a long way to justifying their purchases with key goals and assists and I expect them to provide more in the weeks to come.

I hope Clint is fit for Anfield, though we have Holtby to come in as well, if needed.

When we get the top drawer striker we need, just how better will it get!! We could have won by 5-6 last night, just imagine the headlines if that happened. If AVB gets the squad he wants wow!!

Yep, it's a big shame we didn't get a striker in, it might haunt us yet. But in ways it's forced us to go more central with Bale and that's worked brilliantly.

I'm not a big JD fan, and that 'yiddo song' really annoys me on so many levels, but he's a massive step up on Ade, and I so hope he keeps fit. He can be key in pushing us over the line in that CL race. It's vital we get Clint back too, he's more important to us than Kaboul coming back probably, becase we're fortunately blessed with CBs ATM, up front we need reinforcements.

he's more important to us than Kaboul coming back probably, becase we're fortunately blessed with CBs ATM, up front we need reinforcements.

Still wows me that we are so blessed at the back, remember the days of Anthony Gardener and Gary Doherty

:garydoc: :harryblow:

Who knows let's just hope he's in someone's pocket on sunday.

He disappeared for large parts of the Wigan game (and considering they totally dominated that says something!) but did pop up with flashes of real quality.

Certainly one to watch, but not one Im especially worried about

Super Jan probably could :vert:
Super Jan is on fire, the chance he missed near the post only motivated him not to miss the next time, which he didnt. If you believe that he may convince his former teamate Ericksen to come to Spurs what a pick up he has become!

I think JM got in trouble for actually doing it, not for talking about doing it.

So, unless George Orwell's writing this script ...

:avbpray:

Lol I wasn't suggesting AVB would be disciplined for just talking about it, the second part of my post was referring to Mourinho actually doing it at Real.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the Black'n'Grey number too much either,... Just not in a NLD, when there's a perfectly decent White and Navy kit option that has been worn for over 100 Years!

I thought the issue was that he's young and couldn't get a game in (for whatever reason).

From today's Gazetta Dello Sport:

"All the odds pointed to Inter fighting an uphill battle last night and that's exactly what happened. Their 3-0 defeat at the hand of Tottenham, which more or less means they are out of the Europa League, still came as a bad blow. A blow to morale, because it reeked of inferiority and impotence. A blow to the body, because chasing the other team for ninety minutes as they had the ball and moved at twice the speed, without ever managing to keep possession, takes it out of you. A blow to hopes for the future, because team that have a project and will be winners are made like Spurs and not like the present Inter team. Their play was convincing, the terraces were packed and the atmosphere warm, they had a superstar like Bale who was surrounded by many other good players: that's Tottenham, the Inter we saw in London was a rather unconvincing group held together by plasters."

"SUPERSPURS — Granted, today's Inter is full of problems, and they have still managed to deal with other teams, but this Tottenham is ready to take up its place alongside the best in Europe. Handanovic alone managed to keep the score from becoming embarassing. He saved well from Defoe and Lennon, who both deserved to score. Bale isn't one of those primadonnas that don't live up to expectations, the Icelander Sigurdsson and Dembelé are two forces of nature, Parker would be the undisputed leader in midfield if he played for Inter. At the back they only made a couple of mistakes (the second time Palacio was stopped by Friedel), due to lack of concentration more than any thing else. Villas Boas has already won this cup and it looks very much like he could do it again."

Back
Top Bottom