Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Club is bigger than Kane.

He is brittle and that's a fact. He does not dominate like he did, has lost pace and forgets he is idolised with us.

He would be like Torres in my opinion. A player who is already past his best and the loss to us would be more symbolic than anything else on the basis that we bought 2 strikers to replace him.

I agree we need to buy better players bit even then and even when Kane was part of a top squad we won nothing and that's because there are no guarantees. Maybe he should have stepped aside last June when he stole Moura's place.

Players are full of sh!t. He is on ridiculously big money and the club owe him fcuk all beyond that.

I hope we buy quality but only because we need it and not because a bloke who has been out of the team more than in it in the last 2 years says win or else.

Fcuking cheek. What he should be saying is he wants to deliver more than he has done in the last 2 years. That would be more respectful.
Well said. Time to move on from Kane while we can get some $.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Kane is idolised at this club because we have not had a better and more impactful player come from our academy since Hoddle (for anyone who says Judas, fuck right off, also Kane has been better than Ledley and Carr in my opinion). If there is one player that can raise his voice about the club, it's Kane. If he leaves because of the lack of ambition, it would mean that we're no better than what we were 15 years ago, when we were selling Michael Carrick to the Mancs, or 8 years ago, when we sold the best player of the League at the first time of asking. Also, if we show a lack of ambition, who are we going to replace Kane with? Calvert-Lewin?

Literally played in the CL final less than a year ago. We got there without him and have played well in spite of his absence.

Don't kid yourself mate. We fluked our way to the final and completely flopped on the day itself which just showed how out of our depth we really were

Sell Harry and replace him with who? Why do our top players continually have to leave in order to win trophies

I can't believe what I'm reading. Kane is idolised at this club because we have not had a better and more impactful player come from our academy since Hoddle (for anyone who says Judas, fuck right off, also Kane has been better than Ledley and Carr in my opinion). If there is one player that can raise his voice about the club, it's Kane. If he leaves because of the lack of ambition, it would mean that we're no better than what we were 15 years ago, when we were selling Michael Carrick to the Mancs, or 8 years ago, when we sold the best player of the League at the first time of asking. Also, if we show a lack of ambition, who are we going to replace Kane with? Calvert-Lewin?

totally agree. If we sell Kane, or allow Kane to go through lack of investment and trophies, we might as well pack up our bags and just accept this club will forever win nothing and just be nearly men. Not only will it create a huge divide from the supporters, but it will allow other players like Son to push for a move and could you blame him? Players see Harry Kane going, why would they stay ? We would lose everything. We should be doing everything in our power to appease the greatest striker we have ever had at this club, then buying the players to push on next season. The club sell Kane, Spurs will lose me and I’m sure I’m not the only one either. Spurs fans would turn on the club.

totally agree. If we sell Kane, or allow Kane to go through lack of investment and trophies, we might as well pack up our bags .. Spurs fans would turn on the club.
I'm not so sure dude . We have a vocal brigade of super happy clappers (Airfix, Spursdem, Pipes , ) who will justify anything the hierarchy dish out .
Winks best central midfielder in premier, players too good to be replaced or upgraded, price increases are positive, we improved by selling Walker, Sissoko is an outstanding purchase, transfer recruitment is outstanding, not buying any players in two transfer was beneficial and our owners couldn't be bettered Amen.
We have no chance with that lot on board brother.

No question he'll be here next season but he's opening the possibility of moving the season after if he doesn't feel the club is going anywhere. I don't really feel like the club's going anywhere since Mourinho was hired so can't blame him for getting itchy feet.

Don't kid yourself mate. We fluked our way to the final and completely flopped on the day itself which just showed how out of our depth we really were

Sell Harry and replace him with who? Why do our top players continually have to leave in order to win trophies
Not every player leaves one club in order to win trophies money is a major factor don’t kid yourself Neymar prime example not saying it’s a regular occurrence but it’s a thing, why would you leave Barcelona for PSG if not for money? They play in a shitty league which is a standard of what EPL outside our top 5,6 no history nothing in comparison to Barcelona he could have went to Italy, Germany or Britain any number of teams in these countries have history and pedigree in European football and domestically but.....not enough cash on offer simple as that winning the league in France......wow.

Not every player leaves one club in order to win trophies money is a major factor don’t kid yourself Neymar prime example not saying it’s a regular occurrence but it’s a thing, why would you leave Barcelona for PSG if not for money? They play in a shitty league which is a standard of what EPL outside our top 5,6 no history nothing in comparison to Barcelona he could have went to Italy, Germany or Britain any number of teams in these countries have history and pedigree in European football and domestically but.....not enough cash on offer simple as that winning the league in France......wow.
Lewandowski is 31. Give it another season and Kane would be a perfect replacement for Bayern, and if you put him in their team they would be massive favourites for the Champions League.

The is a lot of doubt over whether next season can get started this year, it might not get started at all.

I don't think Harry can wait too much longer to start winning things. Unfortunately for him there will be much less money in football once this crisis finishes.

Is being a top 5 club enough?

It has been in reality.

Okay we have finished in the top 4 for however many seasons but won what?

No it isn't but it's also set against reality so who can say

Kane has had ample opportunity to take us to glory and if this wonder striker is all he thinks he is, then he should have done the business in the games that count.

Could you imagine Ronaldo or Messi or even Aguero or Salah blaming anyone but themselves for not winning trophies in such circumstances?

My point is he gets my respect if he gets on with it. For a player who has been injured so much in the last 2 years I see it as bo!!ocks.

And I do think we have contributed to him believing he is irreplaceable.

Last edited:
Club is bigger than Kane.

He is brittle and that's a fact. He does not dominate like he did, has lost pace and forgets he is idolised with us.

He would be like Torres in my opinion. A player who is already past his best and the loss to us would be more symbolic than anything else on the basis that we bought 2 strikers to replace him.

Kane is not past it like Torres was. Torres couldn't buy a goal in 2 fucking good teams. He was utterly spent. Kane still scores in our cack team. He's still first on the team sheet for us, for England and would be highly desired by all the best teams in Europe.

Don't mistake poor performances because he or his manager put him back in too soon for a lack of ability. He's still a significantly better forward than all the others we have and that includes Son. Kane is intelligent and has more to his game than just goals. Son is a greedy can't who rarely passes and you can tell his team mates get the hump when he wastes a chance they could have done better with.

Kane is not past it like Torres was. Torres couldn't buy a goal in 2 fucking good teams. He was utterly spent. Kane still scores in our cack team. He's still first on the team sheet for us, for England and would be highly desired by all the best teams in Europe.

Don't mistake poor performances because he or his manager put him back in too soon for a lack of ability. He's still a significantly better forward than all the others we have and that includes Son. Kane is intelligent and has more to his game than just goals. Son is a greedy can't who rarely passes and you can tell his team mates get the hump when he wastes a chance they could have done better with.

Okay he may be not past it but neither was Torres when he went to Chelsea. But Kane is he as good as he or others think.

Top players win you titles and the critical games.

It is why Drogba scored less but in the big games would always have been in the team ahead of Kane. 100% of all key games.

The difference.

I also think Kanes comment has been taken out of context.
"If I don't think Spurs are matching my ambition"

Means fuck all unless he spells out what that is. All he said was HE wants to be the best. That could just as easily mean he wants to break records. Don't need to sell your soul to Manure for that.
He didn't say "unless we sign 5 or 6 World class players, I'm off"

Compare these comments to Eriksen who clearly stated he wanted to leave to get some level of perspective.

Everyone actually listened to all of the interview, instead of just reading tabloid headlines? Yes?

So, you will all have also heard the part where he talks about the future under Mourinho.
Yes, but the point is it is time to deliver. The training ground, the stadium was all necessary and people understand that, but now it is time to put the same effort into the squad. If we do that then everyone is happy, not just Kane.

Back
Top Bottom