Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's actually a fair point.
Its probably been discussed on here before, but..
I assume that his son will inherit Spurs. That being the case, will he :
Keep Spurs
Staus quo
Invest more
Sell Spurs

Anyone?
Sell to a proper spurs fan who resides here in England. Already in the sports business. Welcome to the lane Mr Ashley.

Jesus stevee. All of that from a few questions. In retrospect I am glad you didn't answer them all. Imagine what would have come of you had all the pillars of you ENIC love fallen at once.

And for the record, answering 'a' or 'a couple' questions is not the same as answering someone's questions/debating in good faith. And I will not claim 'moral victory' for anything...that is something for those looking to salvage whatever piece of dignity they can find after getting their asses handed to them. Fortunately I don't need to do that in this instance. You, on the other hand, have made multiple attempts at saving some face. The pathetic 'pallets of cash' canard being only one of them.

Lashing out, wild accusations, personal attacks, rushing off in a huff because things didn't go the way you intended...I don't have to claim anything about your debating willingness or ability stevee. It's there for all to see in its many-splendored glory.

You were before you started but just didn't know it.

And finally,

Judge people on their own merits stevee...because pre-judging them can get quite hairy in life. Perhaps your mind can only work in the 'criticism = bad/Levy out versus mindless affirmation = Levy in' but I live in a far more complex world. As pipes would/will tell you (if he hadn't conveniently run off) I don't want Levy out and have expressed that on these very pages...but I completely understand JT, scott, mourathat, etc in their complaints. Where we differ is the solution. Perhaps I am not as bold in solution as they are but i feel it could be a lot worse (morally, because they've got a hell of a point sporting wise). And I'd have a very difficult time celebrating sporting victory when the chairman/owners were human sex traffickers or otherwise.*

*go ahead stevee, ask me about proving ENIC were HSTs...and if that is how they got the 'pallets o' cash'...and then repeat for multiple posts while completely missing the point...and be self-righteously indignant about it while you're at it...as if you were on to something that would prove you 'right' in the end.
Blimey!!!!
You don't half like the sound of your own voice and bigging yourself up.
I'll put that down to either massive insecurities or having a hugely inflated ego.

In any case, it doesn't matter because your not listening............ Again.

I said I'm done.

You don't half like the sound of your own voice and bigging yourself up.
That's right, this is the normal course of things. Your reason begins to fail you so you attack the person. It'd be shameful if it wasn't so common.

I'll put that down to either massive insecurities or having a hugely inflated ego.
Goldilocks had a 3rd choice...juuuuuuuusssssssst right.

it doesn't matter because your not listening
Were you saying something of note stevee? It was hard to find between your wild and unfounded accusations/personal attacks, your disingenuous cries that I wasn't answering your direct question about the 'pallets o' cash', and your evasive 'they do it too' maneuvers. Feel free to fill me in on what I should be listening to.

That's right, this is the normal course of things. Your reason begins to fail you so you attack the person. It'd be shameful if it wasn't so common.

Were you saying something of note stevee? It was hard to find between your wild and unfounded accusations/personal attacks, your disingenuous cries that I wasn't answering your direct question about the 'pallets o' cash', and your evasive 'they do it too' maneuvers. Feel free to fill me in on what I should be listening to.
You really, really, really, REALLY don't listen do you.
I've told you twice now that I'm done.

You have some sort of innate desire to have the last word. I wonder why. (that's rhetorical by the way)

But you go ahead and have the last word, I'll let you.

I can’t speak for stevee stevee , but from my point of view, it’s fine to have a bit of debate back and forth, but when you are having to respond to loads of novellas that all say pretty much the same thing, it just gets exasperating.

Unfortunately, we aren’t just chatting in the pub, so I can’t excuse myself to go for a piss or pretend someone is waving at me, so I just step away. You were on yesterday about me running away, but I was actually just busy doing other stuff. I’m not here for you to click your fingers to respond when it suits you. And when I have had enough of a conversation, I’ll leave it alone.

Just because you pummel me into walking away, doesn’t give you any kind of Internet victory. It’s just I can’t be arsed anymore and have better things to do with my day than constantly argue with a stranger on the internet.

I’d imagine I’m not alone in this and it’s in no way directed at you only. Many people have done the same to me. Just accept that sometimes people have had enough and join them in moving on.

All the best man. Hope I’ve not offended. At least not too much. 😂

I can’t speak for stevee stevee , but from my point of view, it’s fine to have a bit of debate back and forth, but when you are having to respond to loads of novellas that all say pretty much the same thing, it just gets exasperating.

Unfortunately, we aren’t just chatting in the pub, so I can’t excuse myself to go for a piss or pretend someone is waving at me, so I just step away. You were on yesterday about me running away, but I was actually just busy doing other stuff. I’m not here for you to click your fingers to respond when it suits you. And when I have had enough of a conversation, I’ll leave it alone.

Just because you pummel me into walking away, doesn’t give you any kind of Internet victory. It’s just I can’t be arsed anymore and have better things to do with my day than constantly argue with a stranger on the internet.

I’d imagine I’m not alone in this and it’s in no way directed at you only. Many people have done the same to me. Just accept that sometimes people have had enough and join them in moving on.

Well if folks stopped chatting shit there would be no need for 'novellas'. But even now you are 'tribing' (one 'b') and avoiding the BS stevee, the stand-up guy, threw up in all of this. You're trying to focus on long responses...sorry there are too many words for you my man. Would symbols be preferable?

I'm not looking for internet victory my man. I'm as annoyed by some of the back and forth as anyone else. The diff here is I see the BS games being played by folks that you are familiar with as they try to shut down discussion. And I like hearing critical voices more than I like hearing the uncritical and mindless.

btw whose response had more words?

Well if folks stopped chatting shit there would be no need for 'novellas'. But even now you are 'tribing' (one 'b') and avoiding the BS stevee, the stand-up guy, threw up in all of this. You're trying to focus on long responses...sorry there are too many words for you my man. Would symbols be preferable?

I'm not looking for internet victory my man. I'm as annoyed by some of the back and forth as anyone else. The diff here is I see the BS games being played by folks that you are familiar with as they try to shut down discussion. And I like hearing critical voices more than I like hearing the uncritical and mindless.

btw whose response had more words?
I’m focussed on long responses because that is the main issue I have that causes me to walk away. That, and repetition.

Not telling you how to post and you’ve no need to be sorry that your posts are too long and in-depth for my enjoyment.

Thanks stevee. Perhaps you are the standup guy that pipes said and your previous behavior in this was anomalous.
Your welcome.

only joking mate.
I don't mind a good debate and I have actually agreed with some of the things you and others have said. Tbh I do find some of your replies long winded, doesn't mean you're wrong of course, just that I can't be arsed to go through every single point with a fine tooth comb, it's just not my way and no offence meant.
All the best to you and yours

Tbh I do find some of your replies long winded
Many of my replies are 'long-winded' to preemptively box-in respondents in anticipation of bad faith replies and evasive maneuvers. I imagine you are very well familiar with that now.

doesn't mean you're wrong of course
I rarely am.

it's just not my way and no offence meant
None taken. I'm used to it. As I'm sure you are aware my ego is healthy.

All the best to you and yours
To you/rs as well.

I'm lost -> What's going on in this thread?

todd1882 todd1882

is

breaking

every

into

multiple

quotes

and it's impossible to be arsed to read them

It's getting more like a school playground every day. Just snatching a few minutes at work and all I see is either children squabbling or certain persons pontificating with essays instead of posts. Well, back to the grindstone
Hope you'll all be mates again next time I get a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom