Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football is fun and meant to be an escape from every day life.

Yesterday. Drove to the station. Delayed because of road works. 30 mins and £6 to park.
Train to London. £30.
Bus to Liverpool Street
Train to WHL.
2.5 hours door to door.
Three drinks. 2 for me and one for a random who had 550 points so thought it was worth keeping in his good books. £16.
Usual Block but 15 rows further back for £60. Total £112. Would have been £120 if not for the free chicken burger. Decent but not as good as Chick King and costs £5 more.
90 minutes of utter garbage.
Northumberland Park to Stratford.
Tube to London Bridge.
Train to T.Wells.
20 minute drive.
Nearly hit 3 deer on the by pass. I still don't know how missed them or how the prick tailgating me did not go in to the back of my car. Miracle.
Got home at 22.15.

I must be out of my nut doing that 20-25 times a season. And yet all I am is a CRN.

Sad times.

E103yrcWQAM06XP

The John Thomas school of how to support THFC.

1) Slag Levy of for sacking previous manager.

2) If we get linked with a "lesser" manager, slag Levy off for being tight and say "it's the cheap option"

3) If we get linked with a top manager, slag Levy off and say he'll only get him because he's "the cheap option"

4) If we appoint a"lesser" manager, slag Levy off for being tight and slag our manager off before a ball is kicked.

5) Continue to slag our manager off all through pre season and slag off any new signings we make.

6) Season starts badly , continually slag Levy off for not sacking manager, saying he's too tight to sack him and that he doesn't care about the fans and won't listen to them.

7) Manager gets sacked, slag Levy off for sacking manager and say that it was fan pressure that made it happen.

8) Slag Levy off for not having a manager the very same day.

9) Slag Levy off for appointing a top manager, saying it's the cheap option.

10) Slag Levy off and continually say that Conte will walk because of Levy.

11) Slag Levy off for buying rejects, keep saying that Conte will walk.

12) When we're in 4th do not post for weeks.

13) When we drop to 5th post 22 times in a couple of days slagging off Levy.

14) When we get 4th say "we should all celebrate together"

Proper fan

:dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol:

Hi all, my first post on here. Greetings.

As a Season ticket holder of 30+ years and having been going since 1980, I have seen my fair share of ups and downs. More downs than ups in the last 30 years, where to my knowledge, the club has been rinsed by greedy owners dining out on our glorious past, which is moving further and further away. False promises, high ticket prices justified always by 'jam tomorrow', yet no jam has been put on our bread for decades.

Glory, to me is winning trophies, it is the same in any sport, nobody deems finishing 3rd or 4th on the podium as success, yet at THFC and among the nouveau fan that seems to be prevalent these days, apparently getting Champions League football is to be celebrated like a trophy.

Even while our fans were crowing at Woolwich's recent dip with Wenger etc, they still won THREE Fa Cups.... we won exactly SWEET FA.

I had called Levy out after only two years of his tenure, yet teflonistas and his cult following continue to make excuses about him and the so-called bigger picture. The bigger picture was the ground and for a brief moment, having got lucky on Pochettino, with the promise of the new stadium, we were told was going to catapult us into a new era of glory. However, it was just another ruse or mirage, with Poch never being backed in 2 successive transfer windows while rivals invested in their teams of tomorrow. The rest is history, Levy rinsed Poch and hung him out to dry when the fizz went out, long before the CL Final.

Now, having saddled the fans and club with a £1 billion debt, once again, and 3 years of massive decline, having sacked Mourinho one week before a major final, was the coup de grace for me while appointing a kid as manager was ludicrous, but the cynics among us would say Spurs avoided paying out more compensation had he won a trophy. If that doesn't tell you the contempt Levy has for the fans, nothing else will.

His fans say, he built a stadium? Well he did, but not on his money. The stadium rights have still not been sold, Tottenham's property portfolio is expanding and as shady as a Gangster's bank account.

Ultimately, for £1,000 a year ST money, a nice seat is not what I go for. The football we have been force fed for 3 years is utter dross. Players that should have been moved on years ago, still lurk in the corridors. White elephants have been bought and cannot be moved on as they are mentally deranged. You just can't make it up.

Without a doubt, we are a laughing stock to our peers. We even managed to get in the urban dictionary and possibly the Oxford dictionary to come with the coined phrase 'Spursy' which is used for anything flakey in any industry. Thank you Mr Daniel Levy, you bald headed C**t, I hope the fans go full nasty on you, and frankly I don't care how your tenure ends, just as long as you go.

Sorry my first post is so negative, but currently, that is where I am at and have been for a long time regarding THFC.

Rant over.

Last edited:
they really are simply trying to scrape every last penny out of this club it is fucking embarrassing. Gangster wannabe Levy, glorified hedgefund manager, playing soccer coach from his office. Some randomer paraciti, jumping around on his phone in the dugout like a baboon. Half a squad that doesnt want to be here because they know tottenham are going absolutely fucking nowhere with these owners. The bullshit smoke and mirrors of “projects” and “competing for silverware” propaganda has fallen flat on its arse. Zero investment. 5th choice players. 30th choice “head coaches”. Sack the shit managers. Sack the good managers. No investment when we are doing well. Invest poorly when we are shite. Bullshit stadium filled with tourists. Bullshit interviews from arse flapping owners. Build hotels, rock climbing, zip fookin wires, aquariums, supermarkets, fuck it build a whole circus because Were a fooking clown club now

Spurs legend, former manager, and fan, Glen Hoddle

FKNDzfyXsAU1WUi

A sentiment pretty much repeated by every manager hired and fired by Daniel Levy.

Why do some fans so vehemently support these frauds

I was on the verge of jacking in my ST after last season. But the fact that my Brother in Law got one this year and 2022 is the 50th anniversary of my first game made me cave in and renew.

My BIL has realised that you no longer need an ST to do whatever games you want to attend and you can move about the stadium rather than be stuck in one place. So in all liklihood he will go back to being a member.

I've done my 50, been home and away, over land and sea, Div 2, Div 1 and Premier League, Inter-toto, Europa Conference League, Europa League and Champions League, and it is time for the younger bods to pick up the baton.

I will still go but will cherry pick my 1O or so games I bother to attend.

Perhaps you have your answer as to why Poch became so 'picky'. With Levy deciding "what could be done" at the end we often got dross. Why keep filling up the ranks with dross? Poch spoke multiple times about this...he even had elaborate analogies for it. But a very good example is go for De Ligt but come home with Sanchez. Perhaps Sanchez was on the list of potential CBs but he wasn't #1 and now he's gonna be an anchor around our necks whereas De Ligt is doing hunky dory...false Levy economy. Multiple instances of this in that era and it will continue to go on.
The classic example was summer 2016. Poch wanted a pacy wing forward. We go for Mane, wage demands too high goes to Liverpool. With about 2 weeks of the window left we go for Zaha, Palace aren't happy as its late in the window so we are quoted £30m, we dither and decide thats too much. Poch is naturally unhappy, Levy has to deliver and offers him Sissoko on deadline day for the same price we decided was too much for Zaha. Poch agrees because its a body in the squad, Sissoko or no one. So we save nothing, we end up with an average player that doesn't really play in the position we wanted to fill. Not stretching the imagination too much to think if we'd have got Zaha we'd have won the league that season.

ClosedAccount542 . Do you honestly think ENIC are involved in football for any other reason than to exploit it's popularity?

And if your so keen to see us merely as an acadamy producing our own players rather than buying players who can win us titles, are you not disgusted that we charge the highest season ticket prices in Europe? Surely those two things ain't compatible?

Finally, what is your opinion on the club charging at least 50% more than everyone else for the final home game, then parking the fans as far away from the pitch as possible to maximise advertising revenue.

Daniel Levy treats the fans with utter contempt. He milks our loyalty for every penny he can squeeze. He draws a higher salary than all of his contemporaries even though we never win a thing on the pitch.

Why do you offer this man so much respect?

Last edited:
Imagine thinking we are any different to Man City other than the fact that we don't win silverware.

Levy and ENIC have still made this club a corporate plaything, to pretend otherwise is naive.

We are no better, this "doing things the right way" line is utter bullshit, we have a bunch of prawn sandwich munchers who somehow think we are above all this "modern football and it's ludicrous spending and corruption" when literally less than 2 months ago our very own chairman (the one these fucking mouthbreathers are championing) tried to drag us into an elite closed league so we could be the whipping boys of Europe all for some cold hard cash.

£60 tickets for our final game and shoving supporters at the back for ad revenue space?

"I dOn't WaNt Us To Be LiKe MaN CiTy! Wahhhhh"

Guess what? Not only are we already like them but our owners fucking treat us WORSE than their owners do their supporters! At least they recognise the core of the business is a fucking football club!!!

Our owners on the other hand do everything the City owners do apart from back the squad with the money required to win.

You can't make it up, these tossers in our fanbase with their noses in their air acting like we have some sort of moral superiority over City, like we do things the right way and they don't lol!

Cult brainwashing at its finest, Levy will be very proud of you all for toeing the company line and excusing their absolute disregard for the supporters.

Anybody who thinks Levy cares about supporters has lost the fucking plot at this point, he is a greedy corporate snake.

So please, leave the moral high ground bullshit at the door, this is modern football, even if you don't like it! If we want to be successful then we have to run this club like a modern fucking football club.

ENIC don't want to spend the money required to join in with the big boys on the pitch where it matters and people think that makes us superior even though in every other regard we are NO DIFFERENT give me a fucking break.

I actually think I want Levy out of this club more than I wanted Jose or AVB out and that is saying something. It’s like ENIC have to sucked the joy out of everything, even the Jose sacking and the start of maybe playing attacking football was ruined by the ESL thing which hit at the same time. And now the search for a manager which seemed promising is just farce.

I love the new stadium but everything else about Spurs, Harry Kane aside is bollocks. We have become a West Ham banter club just as West Ham appear to be sorting themselves out.

Back
Top Bottom