Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he is guilty of giving out insider information to his pals then you can say that he's sure as hell guilty of receiving the same kind of favours. And when I hear he was giving it to "romantic partners" it makes me even more sick, the dried up old prune. Dangling financial secrets in front of women who probably had an urge to vomit every time they were in his presence.
I don't think you can draw that conclusion so readily to be honest, he's being charged in America, the SEC are incredibly, incredibly alert to all attempts at commercial insider trading. Lewis believed he could get away with it because the amounts traded by the people he was tipping off would be so miniscule by comparison that they would never be investigated by the SEC in the first place. Like it or not, a lot of us have ambiguous morality when we're doing something wrong in order to help someone else, guilt is not nearly as much at play when you don't see yourself personally benefiting from any wrongdoing, he probably fancied himself as playing Robin hood.

I'm not condoning his actions, he's a fucking idiot and will pay for it dearly, but it's very vanilla compared to the exploits of, say, Abramovich, or the Saudi royal family.

Yeah, those bastards. They took us from lower midtable mediocrity to a top 6 team, with the best stadium in Europe, and currently playing the best football we've seen in ages. I'm not sure we'll survive this.

23 managers in 23 years

Tried to move the club to Stratford

Always selling our best players as we can never meet their ambitions.

Highest season ticket prices in Europe

Terrible appointment of managers

Terrible timing of sacking those Terrible oppointmens

Oh year .... 1 trophy

So you put all that against a new stadium ( which most pl teams have now) and moving up 5 positions in the league.

Wonderful

Wow! If that revenue figure is true then that’s significantly above any previous prediction. Knew we would easily go beyond £500m and above Chavs but £550 is a huge jump! (We will drop revenue in next report as it will reflect no CL, but the stadium is now a genuine comfort blanket). Dolloitte have to be guessing these numbers though as we’ve yet to release our accounts (unless we give them a sneak peak???).

Real Madrid is a surprise jump back above City.

Liverpool is also a surprise fall, I guess that might be down to only having 3 stands with fans in due the their expansion of Anfield?

Being so far ahead of Woolwich and now ahead of Chelsea in the money league is nice. Would be nicer if that translated into some benefits for the fans though. Tight bastards can't even offer concession prices on resold tickets.

Yeah, those bastards. They took us from lower midtable mediocrity to a top 6 team, with the best stadium in Europe, and currently playing the best football we've seen in ages. I'm not sure we'll survive this.
u98zWbe3jgJoI.webp

Why is spurs owned by his “family trust” is it so the authorities cant get at it? Tax relief? Whats the deal there
Sounds shady as fuck, doesn't it.
The whole set up under these owners with it's plethora of companies using our clubs brand to fatten their wealth and expand their various interests has always felt like they're operating on the edge of legality. ...

As always, the pro Levy dipshits never look at wages when quoting spend.
They also don't look at deal structures. Big teams structure deals to get them done. Levy structures them to save money, spread the cost and usually leave the selling team waiting years for their money, if they ever get it. Hence why it takes months to convince them to sell.
how many big teams have bought players this transfer window.

Very blinkered, one sided view.

It’s taken them 23 years to invest in a proper football management structure to make football decisions, so whilst now it’s win win on both of these - prior it was win lose (as the football management planning floundered and bumbled along).

Let’s look forward, we are in a great spot on both front now 👍

So you put all that against a new stadium ( which most pl teams have now) and moving up 5 positions in the league.
In fact, even that myth needs a little bit more scrutiny. Our average league position in the 23 years since Lewis / Levy took took control has improved by just 2.3 places compared to a comparative time frame before, while they've simultaneously exploited and profited from the Premier League gravy train like nobody else

Meanwhile

Heckmondwike-Grammar-School-0.jpg

In fact, even that myth needs a little bit more scrutiny. Our average league position in the 23 years since Lewis / Levy took took control has improved by just 2.3 places compared to a comparative time frame before, while they've simultaneously exploited and profited from the Premier League gravy train like nobody else

Meanwhile

Heckmondwike-Grammar-School-0.jpg

Like no one else??

Lol

Back
Top Bottom